Ingersoll-Rand: Good Exposures, But Not So Much Value
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Thu, Oct. 6, 9:24 AM
Sat, Aug. 6, 11:17 AM
- Barron's keeps it simple in identifying six stocks with low valuations and attractive payouts.
- The common link between Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI), Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO), Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR), PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG), and Robert Half International (NYSE:RHI) is that they all offer up growing earnings and trade at a discount.
- Look for a little bounce on Monday for the group after the call-out.
Fri, Aug. 5, 6:36 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 6:32 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:30 PM
- ANGI, ANTM, ARMH, AUO, AVX, BA, BAH, BOKF, CFR, CG, CMCSA, CRCM, CRI, DCIX, DHX, DPS, DX, DXYN, ENTG, ETM, EVR, FCAU, FCF, FDML, FLIR, FSV, GCI, GD, GIB, GIL, GLW, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, HUN, I, IMS, IR, KO, LH, LL, LVLT, MDCO, MDLZ, MHO, MMYT, MO, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PB, POL, Q, R, RES, ROK, ROL, RTIX, SALT, SEIC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SNAK, SO, SONS, SPG, STM, STRA, STT, SUP, SVU, TMUS, TPH, TYPE, UCBI, UFS, UMC, VLY, WCIC, WEC, WEX, WIX, WM, WOOF, WYN
Wed, Jul. 13, 1:10 PM
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR +0.9%) is initiated with an Outperform rating and $80 price target at BMO Capital, which predicts a higher level of organic growth and strong margin expansion at the company.
- BMO points to a reasonably valued stock, huge upside potential for returns, and HVAC orders and backlog that provide strong visibility through 2017.
- The firm says new products are energizing growth, and management's focus on lean initiatives and structurally improving its operating processes, are "systematically transforming" IR's profitability.
Tue, Apr. 26, 6:31 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR): Q1 EPS of $0.50 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $2.89B in-line (flat Y/Y).
- Shares +0.6% PM.
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ABX, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, ARLP, ATI, AVX, AXE, BAX, BEAV, BLMN, BP, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRS, CTG, CYNO, DD, DFRG, DTE, ENTG, ETR, FBC, FCAU, FCH, FCX, FLIR, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, GPK, HSY, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, IIVI, IR, JBLU, JNS, LLY, LMT, LPT, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MMM, NCI, ODP, PAG, PCAR, PCH, PG, PH, PNR, POL, R, RAI, SAH, SAVE, SCL, SIR, SPG, ST, SUI, SVU, TEN, TMUS, TRI, TROW, WAB, WAT, WDR, WHR, WYN
Wed, Apr. 6, 7:41 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR) declares $0.32/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.13%
- Payable June 30; for shareholders of record June 10; ex-div June 8.
Mon, Mar. 28, 11:49 AM
- Parker-Hannifin (PH -0.7%) is downgraded to Sell from Neutral, and Ingersoll-Rand (IR -0.7%) is lowered to Neutral from Buy at Goldman Sachs, which says the multi-industry group is now trading at a 12% premium to the S&P compared to its typical 5% premium.
- The firm, which has a $92 price target on PH shares, believes investors are pricing in a recovery that it does not expect to materialize, while IR is trading above historical averages at 15.4x P/E; it has a $64 target on IR shares.
- Goldman's top picks in the group are Honeywell (HON +0.1%) and Illinois Tool Works (ITW -0.1%), with respective stock price targets of $126 and $110.
Mon, Mar. 14, 7:40 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR) shares could return nearly 20% over the next year, according to Barron's, as the company avoids the extensive exposure to the oil sector that other industrial rivals face.
- At 15x forward earnings estimates, Ingersoll carries a lower valuation than peers and remains undervalued relative to the broad stock market and rivals.
- "We've been a top quartile organic grower among industrials over the past few years," Chief Executive Mike Lamach told Barron's this past week. "Our markets have plenty of room to expand, and maintenance is now 40% of our business - double what it was a decade ago."
- IR +1.6% premarket
Mon, Mar. 7, 9:22 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR) heads into the green prior to the opening bell following an upgrade from Nomura.
- The firm raised its rating on the stock from Neutral to Buy, with a price target of $68 (previously $56)
- IR +0.3% premarket
Tue, Feb. 9, 8:47 AM
- Net income of $233.5M, or $0.88 per share vs. $255.5M, or $0.95 per share, for the same period last year. Adjusted EPS from continuing operations of $0.94.
- Revenue by segment: Climate +2%; Industrial +25%.
- Adjusted operating margin of 13.8% (excluding restructuring costs).
- Repurchased approximately 4.4M shares for approximately $250M.
- Q1 guidance: Organic revenues to increase 3-5% compared with the same quarter of 2015. Adjusted EPS from continuing operations of $0.33 to $0.38.
- Full-year guidance: Organic revenues to increase 2-4% compared with 2015. Adjusted EPS from continuing operations of $3.80 to $4.00.
- Q4 results
Tue, Feb. 9, 6:36 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR): Q4 EPS of $0.94 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $3.32B (+2.5% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Mon, Feb. 8, 5:30 PM
Wed, Feb. 3, 6:36 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR) declares $0.32/share quarterly dividend, 10.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.29.
- Forward yield 2.62%
- Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 11; ex-div March 9.