Wed, Sep. 14, 11:16 AM
Tue, Sep. 13, 3:00 PM
Tue, Sep. 13, 12:45 PM
Tue, Sep. 13, 9:16 AM
Mon, Sep. 12, 8:54 PM
- Renesas Electronics (OTCPK:RNECF) agrees to acquire Intersil (NASDAQ:ISIL) for $22.50/share, a 14% premium to today's closing price, or ~$3.2B; ISIL +7.3% AH.
- ISIL, whose chips are used in industrial, mobile and infrastructure applications, would expand Renesas' portfolio in analog chips and strengthen Renesas' nearly 40% share of the global market for microcontroller chips used in automobiles.
- Renesas anticipates that near- and long-term revenue expansion opportunities combined with modest anticipated cost efficiencies associated with greater scale eventually will generate synergies of $170M/year.
- Maxim Integrated Products (NASDAQ:MXIM) also was interested in purchasing ISIL, Reuters reports.
Wed, Aug. 31, 3:00 PM
Wed, Aug. 31, 1:01 PM
- An agreement could reportedly be announced as soon as next week, though sources note nothing is final and that Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM -0.1%) may still disrupt a deal.
- Japan's Renesas Electronics (OTCPK:RNECF) confirmed last week it was discussing options with Intersil (ISIL +10.4%) regarding a takeover that could be valued at $3B.
Mon, Aug. 22, 3:00 PM
Mon, Aug. 22, 12:44 PM
Mon, Aug. 22, 9:12 AM
Mon, Aug. 22, 4:26 AM
- Japanese semiconductor firm Renesas (OTCPK:RNECF) has confirmed reports that it is in negotiations to acquire U.S.-based Intersil (NASDAQ:ISIL), which produces chips for automotive and aerospace customers.
- A deal could be valued at around ¥300B ($3B), the reports said.
- Last year, Intersil generated revenue of $522M and net profit of $7.2M.
Sun, Aug. 21, 10:19 PM
- Japan’s Renesas Electronics (OTCPK:RNECF) reportedly is in talks to acquire chipmaker Intersil (NASDAQ:ISIL) for as much as ¥300B (~$3B), with a basic agreement possibly reached as early as this month.
- The potential deal, which was first reported by Japan's Nikkei Asian Review, would represent the latest move in a trend of recent consolidation among global chipmakers.
- Renesas was the world's third largest chipmaker by market share at the end of 2015, with 9.1%, according to data from the Gartner research firm.
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:24 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Mon, Jun. 6, 4:38 PM
- Andy Micallef, formerly the SVP of operations for analog/mixed-signal chipmaker Intersil (NASDAQ:ISIL), has been named Marvell's (NASDAQ:MRVL) COO. He'll be "responsible for driving Marvell's operations related to chip production and management of vendors and process partners."
- Micallef has also held operational roles at voice processor developer Audience and storage hardware/chip developer LSI. His hiring follows the resignations of Marvell's CEO and president, as well as its appointment of a new chairman backed by activist Starboard Value.
- Intersil has named Sunny Gupta, formerly the company's VP of Quality and Technology Development, its new operations chief.
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:05 PM
- Intersil (NASDAQ:ISIL): Q1 EPS of $0.15 in-line.
- Revenue of $129.3M (-3.6% Y/Y) beats by $1.11M.