Intuitive Surgical Set To Regain Momentum In 2015
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Wed, Jan. 20, 5:35 PM
Wed, Jan. 13, 8:59 AM
- On a preliminary basis, Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG) expects Q4 and full-year 2015 revenues of $677M (+12%) and $2.4B (+14%), respectively. Instrument and accessory revenues for the two periods should be $325M (+16%) and $1.2B (+12%), respectively.
- In 2015, surgical procedures performed with the da Vinci systems totaled 652K (+14%), led by U.S.-based growth in general surgery and urology. The company expects total procedures to grow 9 - 12% this year.
- Q4 and full-year da Vinci system revenues were $231M (+8%) and $722M (+14%), respectively. Service revenues for the two periods were $120M (+9%) and $465M (+8%), respectively.
- Final results will be released on January 21.
Thu, Jan. 7, 11:52 AM
- Cardica (CRDC +4.1%) and licensee Intuitive Surgical (ISRG -0.4%) amend their agreement to include the evaluation and possible development of a surgical stapling cartridge for use with Intuitive's da Vinci Surgical Systems.
- Under the terms of the amendment, Cardica has received a $2M payment which extends Intuitive's rights to certain patents and improvements to Cardica's stapling technology until August 2018. it also provides for a feasibility evaluation period of up to six months that will allow Intuitive to assess Cardica's MicroCutter XCHANGE technology. After the evaluation, Intuitive will have the option to initiate a joint development program for an eight- millimeter-diameter cartridge.
Dec. 23, 2015, 10:09 AM
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG +0.4%) buys the remainder of the purchase consideration of Luna Innovations' (LUNA +14%) medical shape-sensing technology for $9M.
- Intuitive acquired the fiber optic shape-sensing and localization technology, including relevant patents, in January 2014 for an upfront payment of $12M, additional milestones (originally up to $18M) and a royalty on certain sales of commercial systems.
- Previously: Luna +128% after selling shape-sensing technology to Intuitive Surgical (Jan. 22, 2014)
Oct. 20, 2015, 5:40 PM
Oct. 20, 2015, 4:30 PM
Oct. 20, 2015, 4:07 PM
- Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG): Q3 EPS of $5.24 beats by $1.01.
- Revenue of $590M (+10.5% Y/Y) beats by $9.63M.
- Shares +5.9%.
Oct. 19, 2015, 5:35 PM
Sep. 21, 2015, 6:52 PM
- Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN), Viacom (NASDAQ:VIAB) and Dollar Tree (NASDAQ:DLTR) headline Goldman Sachs' list of 25 companies that could post outsized returns even as more and more stocks are moving in lock-step.
- Goldman’s picks come as return dispersion - the performance gap among stocks - has sunk lately amid turmoil in China and concerns about when the Fed will raise interest rates that has pushed stock correlations to their highest level since 2011.
- Given the low-dispersion setting, Goldman says investors should focus on these 25 stocks that have high “dispersion scores” and 15%-plus upside to the firm’s targets: WYNN, VIAB, DLTR, UAL, LUV, URBN, CBG, JNPR, MPC, NFLX, HBI, SIG, CRM, CERN, VLO, KMX, ENDP, CTSH, ISRG, ETFC, TSN, CCE, CI, REGN, GT
Aug. 20, 2015, 2:35 AM
- Yesterday was the 11th anniversary since Google's (GOOG, GOOGL) initial public offering, and there's no doubt the company has had a remarkable run (Class A shares +1,277%).
- Although the online advertising giant has given a massive return to investors, there are still 13 stocks that outperformed Google since 8/19/2004:
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXN); Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN); Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL); Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG); Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD); Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG); Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR); Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST); Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX); Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN); salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM); Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX).
Jul. 22, 2015, 4:37 PM
- Lipocine (NASDAQ:LPCN) initiated with Buy rating and $36 (163% upside) price target by Roth Capital Partners.
- Pieris Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:PIRS) initiated with Buy rating and $7 (149% upside) price target by Roth Capital Partners.
- Lannett (NYSE:LCI) initiated with Buy rating and $75 (27% upside) price target by Susquehanna Financial Group.
- Akorn (NASDAQ:AKRX) initiated with Neutral rating and $48 (5% upside) price target by Susquehanna Financial Group.
- Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Canaccord Genuity. Price target raised to $615 (12% upside) from $517.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANAC) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Goldman Sachs. Price target raised to $195 (30% upside) from $60.
- Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Piper Jaffray. Price target lowered to $410 (5% upside) from $485.
Jul. 22, 2015, 9:16 AM
- Investors are a bit timid regarding Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG) this morning. Shares are up 13% but turnover is light at ~8K shares. After the close yesterday, the company announced Q2 results. EPS was up 29%.
Jul. 21, 2015, 5:40 PM
Jul. 21, 2015, 4:50 PM
- Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG) Q2 results ($M): Total Revenues: 586.1 (+14.4%); Instruments: 296.8 (+13.3%); Systems: 176.0 (+22.5%); Services: 113.3 (+6.3%).
- Net Income: 134.5 (+29.3%); EPS: 3.56 (+28.5%).
- da Vinci shipments: 118 (+22.9%).
- No guidance given.
Jul. 21, 2015, 4:09 PM
- Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG): Q2 EPS of $4.57 beats by $0.59.
- Revenue of $586.1M (+15.7% Y/Y) beats by $19.24M.
- Shares +5.4%.
Jul. 20, 2015, 5:30 PM
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets da Vinci Surgical Systems and related instruments & accessories for minimally invasive surgery. It also develops and manufactures robotic technologies designed to improve clinical outcomes, skills simulator, indications for use and... More
Industry: Medical Appliances & Equipment
Country: United States