Stephen Simpson, CFA
Nov. 25, 2013, 5:50 PM
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW -0.3%) will enter a second round of bidding for its industrial packaging unit with P-E firms Carlyle, Blackstone, Apollo Global, Bain, Ares Management, and a consortium of Onex and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board with the intent to hammer out a deal that could fetch more than $3B for the ops, Reuters reports.
- The unit, which had revenue of ~$2.4B in 2012, was put on the market back in Sept.
Nov. 1, 2013, 2:54 PM
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) declares $0.42/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.13%
- Payable Jan 7; for shareholders of record Dec. 31; ex-div Dec. 27.
Oct. 22, 2013, 5:34 AM
- Illinois Tool (ITW): Q3 EPS of $0.99 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $3.57B misses by $0.02B. (PR)
Oct. 22, 2013, 12:05 AM
Oct. 21, 2013, 5:30 PM
Oct. 8, 2013, 3:24 PM
Sep. 24, 2013, 9:21 AM
Sep. 24, 2013, 9:12 AM
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) says it will start shopping its Industrial Packaging segment with the assistance of Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan.
- The company hopes to complete the sales process by the middle of next year.
- ITW +1.1% premarket.
Sep. 9, 2013, 1:11 PM
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW +1%) selects Michael Larsen as its new CFO.
- The exec has served previously as CFO at Gardner Denver.
Aug. 22, 2013, 10:22 AM
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW +1.8%) ticks higher this morning after FBR Capital ups its target price on the shares to $85 from $80.
- The firm leaves its Outperform rating unchanged.
Aug. 2, 2013, 1:05 PM
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW +0.9%) says its board approved a new $6B share repurchase program.
- The company has an existing $4B buyback plan with approximately $1.2B untapped. (PR)
Aug. 2, 2013, 1:03 PM
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) declares $0.42/share quarterly dividend, 10.5% increase from prior dividend of $0.38.
- Forward yield 2.25%
- Payable Oct. 8
- For shareholders of record Sept. 30
- Ex-div Sept. 26
Jul. 23, 2013, 8:45 AM
More on Illinois Tool Works (ITW -3.6%) Q2: net profit drops to $465M from $881M; Q2 includes a charge of $0.05 primarily related to the exit of Decorative Surfaces employees from ITW's pension plan. Income from continuing operations falls to $464M from $519M. Guidance: Q3 EPS from continuing ops $1.06-$1.16 vs consensus of $1.13, and revenue growth of 3-5% vs contraction of 5.2%. Full year EPS $4.10-4.30 vs $4.23 and revenue growth of 0.5-2.5% vs -6.9%. ITW's FY outlook is below previous guidance. (PR)| Jul. 23, 2013, 8:45 AM
Jul. 23, 2013, 8:05 AMIllinois Tool (ITW): Q2 EPS of $1.08 misses by $0.02. Revenue of $4.22B (+1% Y/Y) misses by $0.07B. (PR) | Jul. 23, 2013, 8:05 AM
Jul. 23, 2013, 12:05 AM
Jul. 22, 2013, 5:30 PM