Oct. 9, 2014, 4:13 PM
- Today's 2.6% decline in the Russell 2000 (NYSEARCA:IWM) stands against 2% drops in the S&P 500 and Nasdaq; the small-cap index is now off 8.1% YTD, and lagging the S&P 500 by 1,230 basis points.
- The Russell has now also moved into negative territory on a year-over-year basis.
- ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, URTY, TWM, IWN, IWO, RWM, SRTY, VTWO, UKK, VTWG, EWRS, TWOK, VTWV, SKK, UVT, SJH
Jun. 27, 2014, 2:45 AM
- Russell Investments is planning its annual index realignment today, affecting more than $5T in assets. Credit Suisse estimates $42B will trade as a result of the adjustment, resulting in one of the biggest trading days of the year in terms of dollar volume.
- Asset managers and investors will have to realign their portfolios to match up with the new shifts in indices such as the Russell 2000 and the Russell 3000.
- Due to the expected surge in volume, exchanges are now busy preparing for possible technical issues occurring over the course of the day.
- Yesterday, the London Stock Exchange said it will acquire Frank Russell for $2.7B.
- Russell ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, SPXS, IWF, SKF, URTY, IWD, TWM, IWO, IWN, RWM, SRTY, IWV, IWB, VTWO, VONE, IWW, IWZ, VTWG, UKK, ROLA, RTLA, FBG, THRK, UKF, SKK, EWRS, ONEK, TWOK, VTHR, VONG, VTWV, SMLV, UVT, VONV, UVG, EWRI, SJH, UWC, LGLV, TWQ, SJF, FIBG
Apr. 4, 2014, 11:32 AM
- There's little movement in the S&P 500 and Dow, but what the chart-watchers like to call a technical divergence is occurring in the Nasdaq (QQQ -1.4%) and Small Caps (IWM -0.8%) for the 2nd consecutive day.
- Leading the Nasdaq lower are roughly 2% declines in Google and Microsoft. The deflating Biotech sector (IBB -2%) is again the main culprit in small caps. Up 20% YTD in late February, the IBB is back to about flat for 2014.
- Related ETFs: QQQ, IWM, IJS, TZA, TNA, PSQ, UWM, TQQQ, VB, QID, IJR, SLY, SQQQ, EES, QLD, VBR, RWJ, VBK, URTY, SCHA, TWM, IWO, IWN, IJT, RWM, SRTY, SAA, DWAS, JKL, QQEW, VTWO, RZV, SLYG, QQQE, SLYV, VIOO, SDD, QQXT, RZG, JKJ, SBB, RSCO, UKK, VIOG, VTWG, TILT, FYX, FNDA, VIOV, XSLV, FYT, SKK, JKK, PXSV, EWRS, VTWV, TNDQ, TWOK, UVT, SMLV, SJH, IESM, FYC, VLU, PXSC, PXSG, IBB, XBI, BIB, BBH, FBT, PBE, BIS
Mar. 4, 2014, 11:54 AM
- The Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq are all ahead about 1.25%, but the small caps are really breaking out, with the Russell 2000 up 2.8%, at an all-time high, and now ahead 4% on the year vs. a 1.4% gain for the S&P 500.
- The index's gain over the last month sums to nearly 11%. Last week, Ryan Detrick noted the Russell was up 14 of the previous 15 sessions for the first time in its history.
- ETFs: IWM, IJS, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBR, VBK, URTY, SCHA, TWM, IWO, IWN, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, JKL, VTWO, SLYG, RZV, SLYV, VIOO, SDD, JKJ, RZG, SBB, RSCO, VTWG, UKK, FYX, TILT, VIOG, XSLV, SKK, VIOV, FYT, FNDA, JKK, PXSV, EWRS, UVT, VTWV, TWOK, SMLV, SJH, FYC, IESM, PXSC, VLU, PXSG
Feb. 3, 2014, 1:24 PM
- The Russell 2000's (IWM -3.3%) decline is nearly twice that of the S&P 500 and has the small-cap index now underperforming the big-cap gauge YTD (down 5.7% vs. 5.2%). It was little more than a week ago, the Russell 2000 was outperforming by about 300 basis points, and there have been numerous warnings (I, II) in recent weeks about an overvaluation in small-cap stocks that just couldn't last.
- Small-cap ETFs: IJS, IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBR, VBK, URTY, TWM, SCHA, IWN, IWO, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, JKL, SLYG, VTWO, RZV, SLYV, SDD, JKJ, RSCO, SBB, RZG, VIOO, VTWG, UKK, FYX, TILT, VIOG, XSLV, FYT, VIOV, JKK, FNDA, EWRS, SKK, PXSV, UVT, TWOK, VTWV, SMLV, SJH, FYC, IESM, PXSC, VLU, PXSG
Jan. 27, 2014, 12:31 PM
- Once again, it's the Russell 2000 (IWM -1.9%) leading the way as the averages tumble. Green for the year just a few sessions ago, the small cap index is now off 3.6%, though it still hasn't caught up with the Dow's (DIA -0.5%) 4.7% YTD drop.
- Earlier: Small cap biotechs torched.
- Small cap ETFs: IJS, IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBR, VBK, URTY, TWM, SCHA, IWN, IWO, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, JKL, VTWO, SLYG, RZV, SLYV, SDD, JKJ, SBB, RSCO, RZG, VIOO, VTWG, UKK, FYX, TILT, VIOG, XSLV, VIOV, FYT, FNDA, JKK, EWRS, SKK, PXSV, UVT, TWOK, VTWV, SMLV, FYC, SJH, IESM, PXSC, VLU, PXSG
- Apple's higher ahead of earnings this evening, but the broader tech sector (QQQ -1.5%) is also taking a big hit. Excepting Apple, all of the top holdings of the Nasdaq 100 - Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Qualcomm, Gilead, Intel, Cisco, Comcast, and Facebook - are lower.
- Broad tech ETFs: XLK, VGT, TECL, IYW, ROM, TDIV, TECS, IGM, RYT, QTEC, PSCT, FTEC, FXL, REW, MTK, PTF
Apr. 25, 2012, 2:12 PMStocks stumble just a little following changes to the FOMC's economic forecast which show an upgraded view of the economy and inflation's speed - not the sort of estimates put together by a group fixing to launch additional policy easing. DJIA +0.3%, S&P 500 +1%. | Apr. 25, 2012, 2:12 PM | 3 Comments
The iShares Russell 2000 Value Index Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the small capitalization value sector of the U.S. equity market, as represented by the Russell 2000 Value Index. The index represents approximately 50% of the Russell 2000 Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Visit Seeking Alpha's ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: US Growth and Value ETFs, Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Growth vs. Value ETFs
Other News & PR