JAKKS Pacific, Inc.NASDAQ
JAKKS Pacific: Without A Catalyst, Cheap Isn't Enough
JAKKS Pacific's Share Price Will Soar As Buyout Pressure Mounts
Mark Gomes • 44 Comments
Mark Gomes • 44 Comments
Fri, Nov. 25, 10:47 AM
- Piper Jaffray thinks holiday toy sales will be "back-end loaded" this year as e-commerce continues to play a bigger role.
- The investment firm reels in its forecast for year-over-year seasonal growth to 4% to 5% against a tough comparison to last year's Star Wars-infused holiday.
- Some reads on e-commerce toy sales have arrived more encouraging than the anecdotal Black Friday store checks by firms like PJ. Overall YTD toy sales are up +6%, according to NPD Group.
- The pace of holiday toy sales is still something to watch for investors of Mattel (NASDAQ:MAT), Hasbro (NASDAQ:HAS), JAAKS Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) - but if you're long Spin Master Corp (OTC:SNMSF) it's already shaping up as a great holiday season. Intense demand for Hatchimals has Spin Master trading at an all-time high on the Toronto exchange. Shares are up 74% YTD. This Google Trends chart of searches for "Hatchimal" explains it all.
- What's a Hatchimal? The official Hatchimal website offers the best display of the innovative toy. Big sellers of the coveted $60 toy include Wal-Mart (WMT +0.7%), Target (TGT +0.6%) and Toys "R" Us.
Thu, Oct. 27, 9:18 AM
- Huge holiday season pushes by Wal-Mart and Target could be beneficial to Hasbro (NASDAQ:HAS) and Mattel (NASDAQ:MAT), observes TheStreet's Brian Sozzi.
- Both companies are well stocked in toy aisles at their stores and are offering generous terms on shipping amid what looks to be an intriguing mix of toys.
- "I would give the edge to Mattel this year -- big push by both major retailers in ethnically diverse Barbie dolls. Hasbro will have its fair share of Star Wars, board games and Nerf gear on offer, but Mattel's offerings really caught my attention," writes Sozzi.
- Other analysts have postulated that toy spending will hold up this year, despite the uneven consumer spending trends in the U.S.
- Mattel: +17.7% YTD, 18.0 forward PE, 4.75% yield.
- Hasbro: +22.0% YTD, 18.2 forward PE, 2.47% yield.
- JAKKS Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK): -15.2% YTD, 7.6 forward PE, no dividend since 2013.
Thu, Oct. 20, 12:45 PM
Thu, Oct. 20, 12:00 PM
Thu, Oct. 20, 9:17 AM
Thu, Oct. 20, 6:57 AM
- Jakks Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) reports net sales fell 10.2% in Q3 due to the suspension of shipments to a major U.S. customer, the negative impact of the Brexit vote, a timing lag in international sales caused by shifting to direct-to-retail distribution, and lower-than-expected sales of some movie-licensed products.
- Gross margin rate improved 40 bps to 31.4%.
- SG&A expense rate grew 110 bps to 11.3%.
- Operating margin rate declined 180 bps to 11.4% due to the sales decline and the deleveraging of fixed costs.
- Adjusted EBITDA decreased 18.5% to $42.79M
- Inventory -8% Y/Y to $75.06M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: ~$755M (~+1%); Gross margin rate: 31.8%; Diluted EPS: ~$0.56 (~+10%); Adjusted EBITDA: ~$53M (~+4%).
Thu, Oct. 20, 6:03 AM
Wed, Oct. 19, 5:30 PM
Mon, Oct. 17, 8:17 AM
Tue, Oct. 11, 7:04 AM
- JAKKS Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) announces it launched a new business unit in a joint venture with Meisheng Cultural & Creative Corp.'s Rising Anime studio.
- The company says Studio JP is dedicated to creating and developing original, multiplatform computer-generated animated content.
- JAKKS will have merchandising rights for kids’ consumer products in all markets except China.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Sep. 20, 4:46 PM
- via Bespoke - see table
- Five of the stocks have > 50% of their shares sold short.
- SHLD leads the pack.
Thu, Aug. 11, 10:31 AM
- Pokémon Go is on an annual run rate of $1B, according to an estimate from Cowen Research. Nintendo (OTCPK:NTDOY) is well-positioned to benefit from the ongoing phenomenon through its stake in Pokemon Company and publisher Niantic.
- The Pokémon craze was brought up by a variety of companies during their Q2 earnings calls as analysts questioned on the impact of the mobile game on foot traffic, virtual reality potential, mind share, and products/accessories sales.
- JAKK Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) earnings call transcript
- Build-A-Bear (NYSE:BBW) earnings call transcript
- Churchill Downs (NASDAQ:CHDN) earnings call transcript
- Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) earnings call transcript
- ZAGG (NASDAQ:ZAGG) earnings call transcript
- Shopify (NYSE:SHOP) earnings call transcript
Thu, Jul. 21, 12:04 PM| Thu, Jul. 21, 12:04 PM | 4 Comments
Wed, Jul. 20, 6:14 AM
- Jakks Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) reports net sales rose 8% in Q2.
- Gross margin rate improved 180 bps to 31.8%.
- SG&A expense rate expanded 100 bps to 24.4%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 166% to $4.02M
- Inventory -22% Y/Y to $71.47M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: ~$800M (~+7%); Diluted EPS: ~$0.78 (~+10%); Adjusted EBITDA: ~$65M (~+28%).
Wed, Jul. 20, 6:02 AM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:30 PM