JAKKS Pacific, Inc.NASDAQ
JAKKS Pacific: Without A Catalyst, Cheap Isn't Enough
JAKKS Pacific's Share Price Will Soar As Buyout Pressure Mounts
Mark Gomes • 44 Comments
Mark Gomes • 44 Comments
Thu, Oct. 20, 12:45 PM
Thu, Oct. 20, 12:00 PM
Thu, Oct. 20, 9:17 AM
Thu, Oct. 20, 6:57 AM
- Jakks Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) reports net sales fell 10.2% in Q3 due to the suspension of shipments to a major U.S. customer, the negative impact of the Brexit vote, a timing lag in international sales caused by shifting to direct-to-retail distribution, and lower-than-expected sales of some movie-licensed products.
- Gross margin rate improved 40 bps to 31.4%.
- SG&A expense rate grew 110 bps to 11.3%.
- Operating margin rate declined 180 bps to 11.4% due to the sales decline and the deleveraging of fixed costs.
- Adjusted EBITDA decreased 18.5% to $42.79M
- Inventory -8% Y/Y to $75.06M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: ~$755M (~+1%); Gross margin rate: 31.8%; Diluted EPS: ~$0.56 (~+10%); Adjusted EBITDA: ~$53M (~+4%).
Thu, Oct. 20, 6:03 AM
Wed, Oct. 19, 5:30 PM
Mon, Oct. 17, 8:17 AM
Tue, Oct. 11, 7:04 AM
- JAKKS Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) announces it launched a new business unit in a joint venture with Meisheng Cultural & Creative Corp.'s Rising Anime studio.
- The company says Studio JP is dedicated to creating and developing original, multiplatform computer-generated animated content.
- JAKKS will have merchandising rights for kids’ consumer products in all markets except China.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Sep. 20, 4:46 PM
- via Bespoke - see table
- Five of the stocks have > 50% of their shares sold short.
- SHLD leads the pack.
Thu, Aug. 11, 10:31 AM
- Pokémon Go is on an annual run rate of $1B, according to an estimate from Cowen Research. Nintendo (OTCPK:NTDOY) is well-positioned to benefit from the ongoing phenomenon through its stake in Pokemon Company and publisher Niantic.
- The Pokémon craze was brought up by a variety of companies during their Q2 earnings calls as analysts questioned on the impact of the mobile game on foot traffic, virtual reality potential, mind share, and products/accessories sales.
- JAKK Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) earnings call transcript
- Build-A-Bear (NYSE:BBW) earnings call transcript
- Churchill Downs (NASDAQ:CHDN) earnings call transcript
- Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) earnings call transcript
- ZAGG (NASDAQ:ZAGG) earnings call transcript
- Shopify (NYSE:SHOP) earnings call transcript
Thu, Jul. 21, 12:04 PM| Thu, Jul. 21, 12:04 PM | 4 Comments
Wed, Jul. 20, 6:14 AM
- Jakks Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) reports net sales rose 8% in Q2.
- Gross margin rate improved 180 bps to 31.8%.
- SG&A expense rate expanded 100 bps to 24.4%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 166% to $4.02M
- Inventory -22% Y/Y to $71.47M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: ~$800M (~+7%); Diluted EPS: ~$0.78 (~+10%); Adjusted EBITDA: ~$65M (~+28%).
Wed, Jul. 20, 6:02 AM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jul. 7, 10:15 PM
- A judge ruled in the favor of JAKKS Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) in a case focused on the company's right to cut prices on Cabbage Patch dolls and flood the market with product shortly before it lost the key license.
- While the judge conceded that the moves by JAKKS were harmful to rival Wicked Cool Toys, he determined they didn't rise to the level of illegal conduct.
- The Cabbage Patch Kids line still produces revenue of about $50M per year.
Tue, May 3, 8:11 AM
- JAKKS Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) announces a new partnership with Nickelodeon.
- The new deal covers toys from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series.
- Many of the ninja turtles products have already shipped to retailers in the U.S.
- Now read JAKKS Pacific: Without A Catalyst, Cheap Isn't Enough