J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.NASDAQ
Wed, Nov. 16, 8:56 AM
- Loop Capital starts off coverage on J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT) with a Buy rating.
- The trucking company is seen benefiting from a lower corporate tax rate under a Trump administration and GOP-led Congress. J.B.'s five-year effective tax rate of 38.2% is on the high end.
- Investors are already ahead of Loop Capital, bidding up JBHT 14% since the election to a 52-week high of $92.17.
Sat, Oct. 29, 10:42 AM
- The trucking industry is anxiously waiting for the release of key heavy-duty truck order releases next week as it assesses demand for 2017.
- Overcapacity has impacted trucking pricing this year and forced several companies to idle parts of their fleets and rethink strategy. More than half of trucking stocks with a market cap of over $50M are showing a negative YTD return.
- There's a sense that the extended downturn in freight demand could be bottoming out, a theory that could be confirmed by the upcoming reports from ACT Research and FTR.
- Looking further down the road, it can't be ignored that autonomous vehicle technology could have an impact with trucking services, logistics firms and truck makers. The dramatic delivery of 50K Budweisers (NYSE:BUD) by self-driving transport company Otto (Private:UBER) is considered by some analysts as much more than a publicity stunt.
- Ford (NYSE:F) announced last summer that it's developing smaller self-driving delivery trucks and Google has a USPTO-approved patent on a self-driving delivery truck. On the long-haul side, Daimler's (OTCPK:DDAIF) Freightliner is still testing autonomous 18-wheelers.
- Related article: MIT Technology Review on Uber Freight
- Related stocks: ULH, USAK, SAIA, PATI, PTSI, JBHT, KNX, SWFT, LSTR, MRTN, HTLD, WERN, ECHO, ODFL, CVTI, CGI, ARCB, YRCW, NAV, CMI, PCAR, FDX, UPS.
Thu, Oct. 20, 1:05 PM
Mon, Oct. 17, 8:17 AM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT) reports total operating revenue (excl. fuel surcharges) rose 8.4% to $1.54B in Q3.
- Segment revenue: Intermodal: $969.65M (+2%); Dedicated Contract Services: $393.77M (+6%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $233.02M (+35%); Truck: $97.15M (flat).
- Segment income: Intermodal: $116.89M (-7%); Dedicated: $52.46M (+16%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $8.52M (-26%); Truck: $5.08M (-55%).
- Operating margin rate fell 140 bps to 10.8%.
- Total tractors in operation +83 Y/Y to 2,183
- Total trailers in operation -168 Y/Y to 7,572.
- The company expects FY2016 tax rate to be ~38%.
- JBHT -2.49% premarket.
Mon, Oct. 17, 7:47 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 8:33 AM| Tue, Jul. 26, 8:33 AM | 1 Comment
Thu, Jul. 21, 1:32 PM
Mon, Jul. 18, 7:58 AM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT) reports total operating revenue (excl. fuel surcharges) rose 9% to $1.48B in Q2.
- Segment revenue: Intermodal: $933.43M (+3%); Dedicated Contract Services: $382.72M (+4%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $203.77M (+17%); Truck: $98.26M (+1%).
- Segment income: Intermodal: $105.61M (-11%); Dedicated: $50.47M (+24%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $10.88M (+122%); Truck: $8.85M (-9%).
- Operating margin rate decreased 40 bps to 10.9%.
- Total tractors in operation +113 Y/Y to 2,186
- Total trailers in operation -230 Y/Y to 7,249.
- The company expects annual tax rate to be ~38%.
Mon, Jul. 18, 7:35 AM
Thu, Apr. 21, 1:03 PM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT) declares $0.22/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.01%
- Payable May 20; for shareholders of record May 6; ex-div May 4.
Mon, Apr. 18, 8:04 AM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT) reports total operating revenue (excl. fuel surcharges) rose 12.9% in Q1.
- Segment revenue: Intermodal: $895M (+6%); Dedicated: $358.37M (+4%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $183.17M (+12%); Truck: $96.05M (+5%).
- Segment income: Intermodal: $103.13M (-1%); Dedicated: $44.77M (+25%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $10.8M (+63%); Truck: $9.18M (+8%).
- Operating margin increased 20 bps to 11%.
- Total tractors in operation +250 Y/Y to 2,270.
- Total trailers in operation -512 Y/Y to 6,670.
Mon, Apr. 18, 7:20 AM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT): Q1 EPS of $0.88 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.53B (+6.3% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Mon, Mar. 14, 1:20 PM
- Avondale Partners sees a tough road to higher earnings for the trucking sector due largely to deteriorating macro factors.
- New capacity coming online just as demand weakens doesn't bode well for pricing, according to the boutique investment firm.
- Cautions is raised on Swift Transportation (SWFT -3.7%), Celadon Group (CGI -5.4%), Covenant Transportation Group (CVTI -8.3%), J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT +0.2%), Knight Transportation (KNX -3%), Marten Transport (MRTN -0.1%), USA Truck (USAK -0.6%), and Werner Enterprises (WERN -3.2%).
Wed, Mar. 9, 5:55 PM
- Swift Transportation (NYSE:SWFT) cruised to a +5.1% gain in today's trade following its first-ever mid-quarter conference call after yesterday's close.
- SWFT reiterated its FY 2016 EPS outlook of $1.50-$1.60 vs. analyst consensus of $1.53, with 15%-17% of yearly earnings coming in Q1, 23%-25% coming in Q2 and Q3, and as much as 35%-37% in Q4.
- Among analyst notes written after the call, Baird maintained its Buy rating as it viewed the update as likely better than investors feared, and Evercore ISI maintained a Buy rating since the added information from the call should mitigate fears of a trend of rapidly declining volumes and revenue per loaded mile results during the quarter.
- Other transportation services also finished higher: JBHT +1.9%, WERN +3%, R +1.8%, HTLD +1.5%, LSTR +1.9%, KNX +2.7%.
Mon, Feb. 29, 12:31 PM
- JPMorgan issues a harsh assessment of the trucking sector based off of analysis of how fundamentals are setting up.
- The investment firm warns on "tepid" demand which will pressure rates. "We recommend caution on the stocks and forecast a deeper-than-expected 2016 EPS trough and slower 2017 recovery relative to consensus estimates," reads the JP note.
- Knight Transportation (KNX -3%) and Heartland Express (HTLD -2.1%) are rated at Underweight. Swift Transportation (SWFT -3.6%) is given a Neutral rating off of balanced risk and reward profile. JP sees Werner Enterprises (WERN +0.1%) as an outlier in the sector due to its diversification, and tags Werner with an Overweight rating.
- Other trucking stocks showing some weakness today include Landstar Systems (LSTR -1.2%), Roadrunner Transportation Systems (RRTS -3.8%), Marten Transport (MRTN -1.1%), and JB Hunt Transport Services (JBHT -1.4%).
Thu, Jan. 28, 12:02 PM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT) declares $0.22/share quarterly dividend, 4.8% increase from prior dividend of $0.21.
- Forward yield 1.27%
- Payable Feb. 26; for shareholders of record Feb. 12; ex-div Feb. 10.