Mon, Apr. 18, 8:04 AM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT) reports total operating revenue (excl. fuel surcharges) rose 12.9% in Q1.
- Segment revenue: Intermodal: $895M (+6%); Dedicated: $358.37M (+4%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $183.17M (+12%); Truck: $96.05M (+5%).
- Segment income: Intermodal: $103.13M (-1%); Dedicated: $44.77M (+25%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $10.8M (+63%); Truck: $9.18M (+8%).
- Operating margin increased 20 bps to 11%.
- Total tractors in operation +250 Y/Y to 2,270.
- Total trailers in operation -512 Y/Y to 6,670.
Mon, Mar. 14, 1:20 PM
- Avondale Partners sees a tough road to higher earnings for the trucking sector due largely to deteriorating macro factors.
- New capacity coming online just as demand weakens doesn't bode well for pricing, according to the boutique investment firm.
- Cautions is raised on Swift Transportation (SWFT -3.7%), Celadon Group (CGI -5.4%), Covenant Transportation Group (CVTI -8.3%), J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT +0.2%), Knight Transportation (KNX -3%), Marten Transport (MRTN -0.1%), USA Truck (USAK -0.6%), and Werner Enterprises (WERN -3.2%).
Mon, Feb. 29, 12:31 PM
- JPMorgan issues a harsh assessment of the trucking sector based off of analysis of how fundamentals are setting up.
- The investment firm warns on "tepid" demand which will pressure rates. "We recommend caution on the stocks and forecast a deeper-than-expected 2016 EPS trough and slower 2017 recovery relative to consensus estimates," reads the JP note.
- Knight Transportation (KNX -3%) and Heartland Express (HTLD -2.1%) are rated at Underweight. Swift Transportation (SWFT -3.6%) is given a Neutral rating off of balanced risk and reward profile. JP sees Werner Enterprises (WERN +0.1%) as an outlier in the sector due to its diversification, and tags Werner with an Overweight rating.
- Other trucking stocks showing some weakness today include Landstar Systems (LSTR -1.2%), Roadrunner Transportation Systems (RRTS -3.8%), Marten Transport (MRTN -1.1%), and JB Hunt Transport Services (JBHT -1.4%).
Dec. 17, 2015, 4:58 PM
- Knight Transportation (NYSE:KNX) -9% AH after cutting Q4 earnings guidance below consensus, now seeing EPS of $0.31-$0.33 vs. $0.37 analyst consensus estimate and below its prior outlook for $0.36-$0.38.
- KNX says Q4 volumes remain similar to 2014, but that it as experienced significantly fewer non-contract opportunities, resulting in revenue per total mile trending lower than originally expected which hurt EPS by $0.03-$0.04.
- Trucking peers: ODFL, YRCW, UACL, HTLD, RRTS, CGI, WERN, CVTI, MRTN, LSTR, SWFT, USAK, R, JBHT.
Oct. 14, 2015, 8:10 AM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT) reports operating revenue rose 7.8% to $1.42B in Q3.
- Segment revenue: Intermodal: $949M (-2%); Dedicated: $370M (+3%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $173M (-7%); Truck: $98M (+2%).
- Segment income: Intermodal: $126.1M (+1%); Dedicated: $45.1M (+32%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $11.5M (+36%); Truck: $11.2M (+159%).
- Operating margin grew 150 bps to 12.2%.
- Total tractors in operation +257 Y/Y to 2,100.
- Total trailers in operation +964 Y/Y to 7,740.
- The company expects annual tax rate to be ~38.10%.
Jun. 26, 2015, 5:37 PM
Jun. 26, 2015, 5:28 PM
- J.B. Hunt Transportation (NASDAQ:JBHT) +1.6% AH after being selected to join the S&P 500 index, replacing Integrys Energy (NYSE:TEG), which is being acquired by Wisconsin Energy.
- Molina Healthcare (NYSE:MOH) will replace JBHT in the S&P MidCap 400, and MYR Group (NASDAQ:MYRG) will replace MOH in the S&P SmallCap 600.
Jun. 24, 2015, 11:16 AM
- Select railroad and trucking stocks trade weak after Q1 GDP figures are revised in-line with expectations. A read yesterday on durable goods was weak.
- Stocks from the transportation sector drifting lower include Knight Transportation (KNX -4.5%), Swift Transportation (SWFT -5.5%), ArcBest (ARCB -3.9%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW -2.2%), Greenbrier (GBX -1.6%), Heartland Express (HTLD -2.6%), Kansas City Southern (KSU -2.2%), Celadon Group (CGI -2%), JB Hunt Transport (JBHT -2.1%), Trinity Industries (TRN -1.6%).
- FedEx (FDX -0.9%) and UPS (UPS -0.8%) are also trailing broad market averages.
Jun. 10, 2015, 12:23 PM
- JB Hunt Transport (JBHT +1.9%) is upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform with a $105 price target, up from $92, at RBC, which believes the company is poised to see improving results in each of its four divisions.
- With the truck industry facing a capacity crunch within a competitive sector, RBC expects continued modal conversions to rail; in addition, with rates expected to rise in the intermodal market, the firm sees JBHT as well positioned for meaningful margin growth in its intermodal division.
- JBHT enjoys catalysts greater than most in the intermodal and truckload space, the firm says, adding that intermodal volumes are poised to make a return in a meaningful way, and that the industry is doing a commendable job of taking rates higher, which it is has not done in the past.
Apr. 14, 2015, 9:05 AM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT) reports operating revenue rose 9.68% to $1.26B.
- Segment revenue: Intermodal: $843.9mM (+1.0%); Dedicated: $345.19M (+7.19%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $163.21M (0.36%); Truck: $91.19M (-1.39%).
- Segment income: Intermodal: $104.26M (+11.90%); Dedicated: $35.82M (+129.58%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $6.63M (+8.21%); Truck: $8.53M (+248.41%).
- Operating margin improved 244 bps to 10.78%.
- Total tractors in operation +103 Y/Y to 2,020.
- Total trailers in operation +390 Y/Y to 7,183.
- JBHT +1.45% premarket.
- Q1 results
Apr. 14, 2015, 8:18 AM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (NASDAQ:JBHT): Q1 EPS of $0.78 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $1.44B (+2.1% Y/Y) misses by $100M.
- Shares +1.76% PM.
Jan. 22, 2015, 10:21 AM
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services <<JBHT>> reports operating revenue rose 11.87% to $1.34B.
- Segment revenue: Intermodal: $957.71M (+4.66%); Dedicated: $362.97M (+9.76%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $197.42M (+35.88%); Truck: $96.31M (+5.58%).
- Segment income: Intermodal: $128.77M (+5.96%); Dedicated: $37.03M (+25.39%); Integrated Capacity Solutions: $9.09M (+158.44%); Truck: $8.08M.
- Operating margin improved 95 bps to 11.36%.
- Total tractors in operation +29 Y/Y to 1,886.
- Total trailers in operation +387 Y/Y to 7,215.
- Q4 results
Dec. 16, 2013, 2:58 PM
- Deutsche Bank is out with some commentary and price target adjustments for a number of transport names. "We expect slow growth to continue well into 2014," analyst Justin Yagerman notes, but says "this is not a bad environment for earnings growth as cost inflation is generally modest and volumes are expanding, albeit at a slower-than-desired pace."
- Rundown: XPO reiterated at Buy, PT hiked to $32; ODFL upgraded to Buy from Hold, PT lifted to $59 from $49; UPS reiterated at Buy, PT raised to $123 from $100; UNP reiterated at Buy, PT hiked to $198 from $175; RRTS reiterated at Buy, PT lifted to $35 from $32; SWFT reiterated at Buy, PT raised to $29 from $22; JBHT reiterated at Buy, PT upped to $89 from $83; NSC reiterated at Hold, PT to $91 from $83; LSTR reiterated at Hold, PT hiked to $58 from $56; KNX reiterated at Hold, PT lifted to $19 from $15; ABFS reiterated at Hold, PT raised to $35 from $29; CSX reiterated at Hold, PT hiked to $28 from $25.
May 3, 2013, 12:48 PM
Trucking stocks outperform the broad market after the jobs report indicates for-hire trucking firms unexpectedly added 11.7K jobs in April after shedding 6.3K in March. Advancers: United Rentals (URI) +7.2%, Ryder Systems (R) +4.5%, GATX Corporation (GATX) +3.3%, J.B. Hunt Transportation (JBHT) +1.8%, Knight Transportation (KNX) +3.7%, Amerco (UHAL) +5.0%, Pacer International (PACR) +4.1%, H&E Equipment Services (HEES) +5.9%.| May 3, 2013, 12:48 PM
Apr. 15, 2013, 12:53 PM
A tough day for the trucking sector with Swift Transportation (SWFT -8.1%) leading the downward fall. The gloom is tied to a reading of the Internet Truckstop's Market Demand Index which showed a 21% sequential fall in demand for trucks. Decliners: J.B Hunt Transportation (JBHT) -1.8%, Celadon Group(CGI) -4.2%, Marten Transport (MRTN) -3.8%, Heartland Express (HTLD) -1.1%, Knight Transportation (KNX) -1.4%.| Apr. 15, 2013, 12:53 PM | 1 Comment
Apr. 11, 2013, 5:36 PM