Dec. 3, 2015, 12:45 PM
- Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) is up 8% after catching a two-notch upgrade from CLSA to Outperform.
- Pilgrims Pride (NASDAQ:PPC) stays in an uptrend with a 4.8% swing higher, while global player JBS (OTCQX:JBSAY) is up 5.5%.
- Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) is 1.70% higher and reached an all-time best of $51.83 earlier.
- Hormel (NYSE:HRL) also set an all-time high by jumping to $77.00.
- Better-than-expected pricing in the wake of industry consolidation has helped the meat sector this year.
Mar. 11, 2015, 11:40 AM
- An unconfirmed case of avian bird flu in Arkansas is creating some anxiety in the poultry industry.
- USDA testing is underway on the case.
- Poultry exports to certain nations could be limited if the development worsens.
- The chicken sector has also been hit recently with concerns on the use of certain antibiotics.
- Decliners: Tyson Foods (TSN -5%), Hormel Foods (HRL -1%), Sanderson Farms (SAFM -5.4%), JBS (OTCQX:JBSAY -1.8%), BRF (BRFS -1.7%), and Pilgrim's Pride (PPC -7.2%)
- Previously: Chicken stocks hit by antibiotic concerns
JBS is a global leader in beef, lamb and poultry processing and is also heavily involved in pork production. With over 200,000 employees worldwide, the company has more than 300 production units and businesses in the foodstuffs, leather, biodiesel, collagen, metal packaging and cleaning products... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Food - Major Diversified
Other News & PR