Dec. 11, 2014, 8:25 AM
Dec. 3, 2014, 10:06 AM
- There's a broad rally in auto parts stocks the day after major U.S. automakers reported largely favorable reports on November sales.
- News from China on aggressive plans by automakers to add capacity is also supporting the sector.
- Gainers: Stonebridge (NYSE:SRI) +2.7%, Tenneco (NYSE:TEN) +2.1%, Dana Holding (NYSE:DAN) +2.1%, Gentherm (NASDAQ:THRM) +1.8%, American Axle & Manufacturing (NYSE:AXL) +1.8%, Federal-Mogul Holdings (NASDAQ:FDML) +1.7%, Autoliv (NYSE:ALV) +1.5%, Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) +1.5%.
Dec. 2, 2014, 8:15 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) sets FY2015 sales guidance at $42.3B lower than the consensus sales of $43.15B.
- Segment sales: Automotive seating: down 5.0% to 6.0%; Power solutions: up ~8.0% to 10.0%; Building Efficiency: +9.0% to 11.0%.
- Segment margin: Automotive seating: up ~ 5.4% to 5.7%; Power solutions: up ~16.5% to 16.7%; Building Efficiency: +9.4% to 9.6%.
- Adjusted diluted EPS: $3.55 to $3.70 vs. consensus EPS of $3.61.
- Capital Expenditure: $1.3B.
- Free cash flow: ~$1.5B.
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:17 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) reports a record level of net income in FQ4 as some cost efficiencies factored in.
- Segment revenue growth: Building Efficiency +1% to $3.93B, Automotive Experience +3% to $5.26B, Power Solutions +5% to $1.79B.
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:06 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI): FQ4 EPS of $1.04 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $11B (+2.8% Y/Y) misses by $180M.
Sep. 30, 2014, 3:58 PM
- Johnson Controls (JCI -0.8%) says it plans to sell its building management service as part of an effort to focus more tightly on making high-value equipment.
- The unit accounted for ~10% of JCI's $42.7B of sales in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30, 2013.
- Global Workplace Solutions has become expendable as JCI moves away from service businesses and certain lines of automotive components to focus on York-brand heating and air conditioning equipment for commercial buildings and on devices for monitoring and regulating electricity usage, temperature, fire safety and security.
Sep. 23, 2014, 11:53 AM
- Johnson Controls (JCI -0.7%) says Bruce McDonald will become the company's new vice chairman with a broad set of operational and financial duties.
- Insider Brian Stief will take over as the new CFO.
Aug. 21, 2014, 8:18 AM
Aug. 13, 2014, 11:38 AM
- Versar (VSR +15%) shares soar after the project management company says it was awarded a $98M firm fixed price design/bid/build task order for the repair of a runway at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.
- VSR says the task order was awarded under its S/R&M acquisition task order contract IDIQ with the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, held with its joint venture partner, Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI).
Jul. 23, 2014, 10:42 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) declares $0.22/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.80%
- Payable Oct. 2; for shareholders of record Sept. 5; ex-div Sept. 3.
Jul. 18, 2014, 7:04 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI): FQ3 EPS of $0.85 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $10.81B (+3.0% Y/Y) in-line.
Jul. 17, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jun. 4, 2014, 11:38 AM
May 21, 2014, 1:53 PM
- Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI) declares $0.22/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.85%
- Payable July 2; for shareholders of record June 6; ex-div June 4.
May 19, 2014, 4:06 AM
- Johnson Controls (JCI) intends to spin off its automotive-interiors operations into a joint venture with China's Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems, which will own 70% of the business and the U.S. company the rest.
- The JV firm will be the largest company in the world in its field with expected annual revenues of $7.5B and 15% of the market.
- The non-cash deal comes as Johnson Controls refocuses on its higher-margin non-auto interests, although the company will keep its auto-seating operations.
Apr. 23, 2014, 9:02 AM
- Johnson Controls (JCI) net profit +59% to $261M
- Sales breakdown: automotive +11% to $5.62B, building efficiency -5.2% to $3.3B, power solutions flat at $1.6B.
- Johnson Controls updates its guidance to account for the sale of its Automotive Electronics unit. Expects FY EPS from continuing ops of $3.10-3.18 vs $3.15-3.30 prior and consensus of $3.24. Forecasts Q3 EPS of $0.81-0.84 vs consensus of $0.86.
- Johnson Controls reiterates that it expects FY free cash flow of $1.6B and to improve margins in all three of its businesses.
- Shares are -0.9% premarket. (PR)
Johnson Controls, Inc. is a global diversified technology and industrial business company. It operates through three business segments: Building Efficiency, Automotive Experience and Power Solutions. The Building Efficiency segment engages in designing, producing, marketing and installing... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Auto Parts
Country: United States
Other News & PR