Apr. 23, 2014, 7:06 AM
- Johnson Controls (JCI): FQ2 EPS of $0.66 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $10.5B (+0.7% Y/Y) misses by $180M.
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM| Apr. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM| Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 16, 2014, 8:23 AM
- Johnson Controls (JCI) has agreed to acquire Air Distribution Technologies from Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for $1.6B.
- Johnson Controls says the deal complements its existing heating, ventilation and air conditioning offerings. It also reflects the company's "commitment to invest in the buildings business as a growth platform."
- Shares are +1.1% premarket. (PR)
Apr. 4, 2014, 9:40 AM
- Norway's government proposes to increase the environmental technology portfolio of its sovereign wealth fund to 30B-50B kroner ($5B-$8.33B), from a previous target of 20B-30B kroner.
- At the end of 2013, the fund's portfolio of environmentally friendly investments counted 166 companies, including Pentair (PNR), Johnson Controls (JCI), Danaher (DHR) and Enel Green Power (ELPSY), valued at 31.4B kroner.
- About 6% of the fund's general portfolio currently consists of companies with more than 20% of revenue from businesses providing green technologies, the finance ministry says.
- ETFs: ENOR, NORW
Feb. 20, 2014, 7:29 AM| Feb. 20, 2014, 7:29 AM | 1 Comment
Feb. 19, 2014, 7:50 AM
Jan. 29, 2014, 9:19 AM
- Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI) declares $0.22/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.86%
- Payable April 2; for shareholders of record March 7; ex-div March 5.
Jan. 23, 2014, 8:30 AM
- Johnson Controls (JCI) net profit +31% to $469M, boosted by "the higher levels of global automotive production."
- Sales breakdown: automotive +10%; battery +6%; building systems and controls -4%.
- Guidance: FQ2 EPS $0.64-0.66 vs consensus of $0.67.
- Johnson says there are also "early indications of an improving global commercial buildings markets, which should positively impact the business later in the year." (PR)
Jan. 23, 2014, 7:01 AM
- Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI): FQ1 EPS of $0.69 in-line.
- Revenue of $10.9B (+4.8% Y/Y) beats by $250M.
Jan. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM
Jan. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 13, 2014, 8:24 AM
- Visteon (VC) has agreed to acquire the the automotive electronics business of Johnson Controls (JCI) for $265M in cash.
- The deal will turn Visteon into one of the top three suppliers of automotive "cockpit" electronics with combined annual sales of $3B.
- The unit earned FY 2013 revenue of $1.3B and EBITDA of $58M.
- Visteon forecasts cost synergies of over $40M by 2017.
- The company also says that it plans to sell its Visteon Interiors unit in three separate transactions to different buyers in H1.
- Visteon expects the impact of these deals to be neutral. (PR)
Dec. 18, 2013, 10:09 AM| Dec. 18, 2013, 10:09 AM | 1 Comment
Dec. 3, 2013, 6:57 AM
- Johnson Controls (JCI) announces it will take a 60% ownership stake in Hitachi Appliance's air conditioning business.
- The joint venture will begin operations in 2014.
Nov. 20, 2013, 6:53 PM
- In addition to hiking its dividend, Johnson Controls (JCI) has added $3B to its buyback plan. That gives the company a total authorization of $3.65B, good for repurchasing nearly 11% of shares at current levels. (PR)
- The HVAC/automotive system vendor will spend $800M of its authorization through an accelerated repurchase deal with Goldman, and expects to spend the remainder in FY15 (ends Sep. '15) and FY15.
- Johnson has already spent $400M on buybacks in FY14, which is less than two months old.
- Also: Johnson has added Boeing commercial airplanes chief Raymond Conner to its board.
Johnson Controls, Inc. is a global diversified technology and industrial business company. It operates through three business segments: Building Efficiency, Automotive Experience and Power Solutions. The Building Efficiency segment engages in designing, producing, marketing and installing... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Auto Parts
Country: United States
Other News & PR