J & J Snack Foods Corp.NASDAQ
J&J Snack Foods: Underneath The High Safety Premium
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Thu, Aug. 11, 5:19 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 7:33 AM
- July monthly performance was: +1.62%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +16%
- No dividends were paid in July
- Top 10 Holdings as of 6/30/2016: Middlesex Water Co (MSEX): 1.83792%, Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK): 1.83185%, J&J Snack Foods Corp (JJSF): 1.81791%, Northwest Natural Gas Co (NWN): 1.80509%, California Water Service Group (CWT): 1.80402%, Andersons Inc (ANDE): 1.7911%, Connecticut Water Service Inc (CTWS): 1.78364%, York Water Co (YORW): 1.76417%, Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc Class A (UBA): 1.76156%, Spire Inc (SR): 1.75542%
Mon, Jul. 25, 4:02 PM
Sun, Jul. 24, 5:35 PM
Mon, Jul. 11, 2:12 PM
- A bill requiring food companies to label GMO ingredients was approved by the U.S. Senate by a 63 to 30 vote and now heads to the House of Representatives.
- The negotiated bill requires food companies to label genetically modified food by a phrase, symbol on the package, or a bar code that can be scanned by smartphones.
- The Department of agriculture still has two years to write the precise labeling rules if the House approves the bill.
- The passage of the bill is seen as a positive for the food sector as the alternative of having to adhere to state-by-state rules could create operational chaos for national sellers.
- Food stocks: SENEA, SENEB, THS, OTCPK:NCRA, CPB, MDLZ, GIS, OTCPK:NSRGY, FLO, CAG, DF, SJM,DF, ANFI, JJSF, WWAV, UL, OTCQX:DANOY, OTCPK:PLATF, POST, K, PEP, DMND, PF, HAIN, KO, BETR, KHC, WILC, PPC, PF, LWAY, HRL, TSN, DTEA, SAFM, BRID.
Fri, May 20, 8:18 AM
Mon, Apr. 25, 4:02 PM
- J & J Snack Foods (NASDAQ:JJSF): FQ2 EPS of $0.83 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $229.7M (+2.1% Y/Y) misses by $1.88M.
Sun, Apr. 24, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 17, 4:28 PM
- J & J Snack Foods (NASDAQ:JJSF) declares $0.39/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.45%
- Payable April 6; for shareholders of record March 15; ex-div March 11.
Mon, Jan. 25, 4:04 PM
- J & J Snack Foods (NASDAQ:JJSF): FQ1 EPS of $0.66 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $222.8M (+4.7% Y/Y) beats by $2.92M.
Sun, Jan. 24, 5:35 PM
Dec. 15, 2015, 9:33 AM
- Egg prices fell 4.8% in November to follow a 3.8% slide in October.
- The level of egg prices is still 23.7% higher than a year ago, due largely to the avian flu issue earlier this year.
- Milk prices were also lower during November, down 0.7% M/M and 7.7% Y/Y. The broader dairy category saw price declines of 3.4% Y/Y and 0.6% M/M.
- These are some of the companies that talked about milk or egg prices being a factor during their most recent earnings conference call: CALM, KO, DF, WWAV, GIS, POST, KR, DG, OTCPK:PRRFY, BDBD, GTIM, BOBE, HRL, FLO, JJSF, DENN, MCD.
- BLS CPI data
Dec. 10, 2015, 4:24 PM
- J & J Snack Foods (NASDAQ:JJSF) declares $0.39/share quarterly dividend, 8.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.36.
- Forward yield 1.36%
- Payable Jan. 7; for shareholders of record Dec. 22; ex-div Dec. 18.
Nov. 30, 2015, 2:10 PM
Nov. 5, 2015, 4:04 PM
- J & J Snack Foods (NASDAQ:JJSF): FQ4 EPS of $1.05 misses by $0.17.
- Revenue of $259.77M (+2.5% Y/Y) misses by $6M.
- Shares +0.08%.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ACHN, AEGR, AGO, AHS, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALIM, AMBR, AMRS, AMTG, ANET, ARCW, ATHX, ATSG, BBG, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BLDR, BPI, BRKS, BRS, CALD, CBI, CERS, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CORT, CPST, CSOD, CTCT, CUBE, CYBR, CYTX, DATA, DIOD, DIS, DMD, DWA, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELON, EOG, ERII, EVC, EXAR, FICO, FNGN, FTEK, FXCM, GDOT, GERN, GLUU, GSAT, GSM, GST, GXP, HAIN, HBM, HE, HK, HNSN, HTGC, ICUI, INAP, INFI, INWK, IRG, JJSF, KHC, KTOS, LBTYA, LNT, MAIN, MASI, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MITK, MNST, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NKTR, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, OREX, OUT, PCTY, PETX, PKI, PLT, PODD, PRAA, PRO, PXLW, QRVO, RATE, RBA, RLYP, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RRTS, SEMG, SHAK, SKUL, SLH, SNAK, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TRIP, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TTWO, UBNT, UEPS, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WG, WIFI, WTW, XOMA, YUME