What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Fri, Jan. 22, 7:23 AM
Dec. 18, 2015, 5:40 PM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) is closing "underperforming and cash flow negative Company stores" in the Chicago and New York markets. (8-K filing)
- As part of the closing, 104 employees (over 2% of Jamba's workforce) will be laid off. A $96K pre-tax restructuring charge is expected. Jamba also discloses chief marketing and innovation officer Julie Washington plans to resign; she'll stay on board until the end of April.
- The move comes with ~90% of Jamba's stores now franchise-owned.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA): Q3 EPS of $0.10 misses by $0.11.
- Revenue of $35.5M (-39.6% Y/Y) misses by $1.89M.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AEGR, AMBC, APEI, APPS, APU, ASEI, ATW, BDE, BEAT, CALL, CARA, CHMI, CKEC, CZR, DEPO, DTSI, EGY, ENV, FF, GALE, HALO, HMIN, IFF, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, JMBA, KEYW, LEAF, LF, LGF, LGND, MDR, MODN, NOR, NSPH, OMER, OPK, PDM, PFIE, PINC, PSIX, PTCT, PTLA, PVA, QNST, RARE, RAX, RBCN, REN, REXX, RLD, RMTI, SB, SBRA, SCLN, SUNE, TERP, TPC, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, TXTR, UGI, VSAT, WWD, XON, XONE, ZGNX
Oct. 29, 2015, 8:36 AM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) announces it completed a 16-store refranchising deal in California.
- The transaction puts Jamba at 90% franchised-owned and aligns with an asset-light model.
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:14 PM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA): Q2 EPS of $0.19 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.39.
- Revenue of $54.13M (-15.7% Y/Y) misses by $1.27M.
Jul. 29, 2015, 9:03 AM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) announces it exceeded a refranchising target set earlier.
- The company has closed deals on 150 stores and expects another 74 stores to be refranchised by the end of the year.
- Jamba expects to be at a +90% franchise level by the end of the year.
Jun. 18, 2015, 12:56 PM
- Starbucks (SBUX +1.6%) closed an Evolution Fresh store in San Francisco.
- The development means the company will only have three Evolution Fresh stores operating as it focuses on integrating the brand at Starbucks stores and other retail distribution channels.
- Starbucks purchased Evolution Fresh for $30M in 2011.
- The development has some bearing on Jamba (JMBA +0.3%) which is in a better position without a broad roll-out of Evolution Fresh stores.
- Earlier this week, Starbucks announced all La Boulange stores will be closed.
- Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz was one of the first retail CEOs to talk about the seismic shift in the sector away from the traditional brick-and-mortar model.
- Previously: Starbucks closes La Boulange shops (June 17)
Jun. 15, 2015, 9:39 AM
- Jamba (JMBA -0.6%) announces it signed a deal with PT Sari Gemilang Makmur to cover new stores in Indonesia.
- The partnership covers the development of 70 Jamba Juice stores in the nation with the first expected to open next year.
- Indonesia will be the 4th market in Asia where Jamba has stores.
May 26, 2015, 9:00 AM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) continues its shift to an asset-light model with the sale of nine more stores to franchise partner Blended Star Norcal.
- The company expects to close on refranchising transactions of more than 100 stores in FQ2 and 90-100 stores in FQ3.
May 7, 2015, 4:29 PM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA): Q1 EPS of -$0.06 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $52.50M (+1.7% Y/Y) misses by $0.71M.
Apr. 28, 2015, 9:09 AM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) takes another step in its shift to a self-described "asset-light" model with the refranchising of stores in California.
- The company aims to generate $30M to $40M in cash this year from the move to refranchise a group of stores.
- Over time, Jamba expects 90% of its stores to run under the franchise setup,
Apr. 1, 2015, 6:19 PM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) has struck a deal to refranchise 100 stores in the San Francisco, San Diego, and Sacramento markets. The stores will be owned by Vitaligent, LLC, which is paying Jamba $36M to take ownership of them.
- The smoothie chain calls the move "a significant step toward our achieving the Companys commitment to an asset light model and positions us well to reach our goal of generating $30 - $40 million of cumulative cash proceeds from refranchising in 2015."
- It previously forecast 114 stores would be refranchised by mid-2015, thus bringing the franchise/company-owned store mix to 80/20. Discussions are said to be underway to sell another 14 California stores.
Mar. 20, 2015, 1:50 PM| Mar. 20, 2015, 1:50 PM
Mar. 16, 2015, 4:13 PM
- As of today, the filing deadline for its annual report, Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) had not yet completed the assessment of the Company’s internal control over financial reporting.
- JMBA intends to file its annual report as soon as practicable, and expects to do so on or before the fifteenth calendar day following the due date of the annual report.
- JMBA will report that as of December 30, 2014, a material weakness existed in its control over financial reporting due to an insufficient complement of finance and accounting resources within the organization, in part attributable to employee turnover related to recently implemented cost reductions and infrastructure changes.
- Shares are inactive after hours. JMBA fell 1.4% today.
- Source: NT 10-K
Mar. 12, 2015, 7:06 PM
- Though it slightly missed FQ4 revenue estimates (while beating on EPS), Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) is guiding for 2015 comparable same-store sales to grow a solid 3%-5%.
- The company is also guiding for an op. margin of 4%-6%, and 100-125 U.S. and international store openings. 114 stores will be refranchised by mid-2015. It plans to open up to 500 new stores in the U.S. within the next 5 years. G&A spend (non-GAAP) is expected to fall to $30M from 2014's $33.7M.
- Comps were up 2.8% Y/Y in Q4 at company-owned stores, and 2.7% at franchise-owned stores. Juice sales grew to 13.4% of revenue in December from 7% in May.
- GAAP costs/expenses rose 3% Y/Y in Q4 to $51.8M (compares with a sub-1% revenue drop). $12M of Jamba's $25M buyback program was used over the course of 2015.
- Shares have risen to $14.69 AH.
- Q4 results, PR
Other News & PR