Jamba Juice: Finally Shaping Up
Tue, Jul. 12, 7:23 AM
- Jamba Juice (NASDAQ:JMBA) announced that it has entered a development agreement with Kevin Denha and Omar Ammori to open 20 stores at new locations in the greater Detroit market.
- “We’re thrilled to partner with Kevin and Omar as we continue to expand our great brand across the U.S.,” said Dave Pace, CEO and President, Jamba Juice. “Kevin and Omar are world-class franchisees who bring a high level of franchise and operating expertise; more importantly, we are aligned in our commitment to simplify and inspire healthy living with our brand and our Company. They are a welcome addition to the Jamba franchise community.”
- As per the terms of the agreement, Mr. Denha and Mr. Ammori plans to open 5 locations in Meijer stores in Metro Detroit, and an additional 3 traditional Jamba stores by the end of 2017.
- Press Release
Thu, May 5, 7:56 AM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) reports a system-wide 2% drop in comparable store sales in Q1. The number of company-operated stores was down to 68 at the end of the quarter due to the broad refranchising initiative.
- The company plans to relocate its HQ to Frisco, Texas later this year to help it focus on core strategies. One of those strategies is to position Jamba as a youthful and contemporary brand.
- Previously: Jamba misses by $0.04, beats on revenue (May 5)
Thu, May 5, 7:10 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Mon, Apr. 4, 10:10 AM
- Smoothie King discloses that same-store sales rose 9.8% in 2015, a striking mark with the company also on an aggressive expansion plan.
- The private company sees having 1,000 locations opened by the end of 2017.
- The rapid growth of the Smoothie King chain is a trend to watch for investors of Jamba (JMBA -0.2%) amid rising demand in the beverage category.
- Now read Divining Jamba's Future Under New CEO David Pace
Mon, Mar. 14, 4:24 PM
- Sales fell sharply at Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) in Q4 due to the transition to a franchised model.
- System-wide comparable-store sales increased 3.9%. Positive growth in average check and with traffic both factored in.
- The company ended the quarter with 893 stores (823 franchise-operated, 70 company-owned)
- Previously: Jamba misses by $0.21, beats on revenue (March 14)
Mon, Mar. 14, 4:12 PM
Sun, Mar. 13, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 22, 7:23 AM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) hires David Pace as its CEO. The exec was hired away from Bloomin' Brands where he was President of Carrabbas Italian Grill.
- The company also announces that board member Richard Federico will take over the Chairman role.
Dec. 18, 2015, 5:40 PM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) is closing "underperforming and cash flow negative Company stores" in the Chicago and New York markets. (8-K filing)
- As part of the closing, 104 employees (over 2% of Jamba's workforce) will be laid off. A $96K pre-tax restructuring charge is expected. Jamba also discloses chief marketing and innovation officer Julie Washington plans to resign; she'll stay on board until the end of April.
- The move comes with ~90% of Jamba's stores now franchise-owned.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA): Q3 EPS of $0.10 misses by $0.11.
- Revenue of $35.5M (-39.6% Y/Y) misses by $1.89M.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AEGR, AMBC, APEI, APPS, APU, ASEI, ATW, BDE, BEAT, CALL, CARA, CHMI, CKEC, CZR, DEPO, DTSI, EGY, ENV, FF, GALE, HALO, HMIN, IFF, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, JMBA, KEYW, LEAF, LF, LGF, LGND, MDR, MODN, NOR, NSPH, OMER, OPK, PDM, PFIE, PINC, PSIX, PTCT, PTLA, PVA, QNST, RARE, RAX, RBCN, REN, REXX, RLD, RMTI, SB, SBRA, SCLN, SUNE, TERP, TPC, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, TXTR, UGI, VSAT, WWD, XON, XONE, ZGNX
Oct. 29, 2015, 8:36 AM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) announces it completed a 16-store refranchising deal in California.
- The transaction puts Jamba at 90% franchised-owned and aligns with an asset-light model.
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:14 PM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA): Q2 EPS of $0.19 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.39.
- Revenue of $54.13M (-15.7% Y/Y) misses by $1.27M.
Jul. 29, 2015, 9:03 AM
- Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) announces it exceeded a refranchising target set earlier.
- The company has closed deals on 150 stores and expects another 74 stores to be refranchised by the end of the year.
- Jamba expects to be at a +90% franchise level by the end of the year.
Jun. 18, 2015, 12:56 PM
- Starbucks (SBUX +1.6%) closed an Evolution Fresh store in San Francisco.
- The development means the company will only have three Evolution Fresh stores operating as it focuses on integrating the brand at Starbucks stores and other retail distribution channels.
- Starbucks purchased Evolution Fresh for $30M in 2011.
- The development has some bearing on Jamba (JMBA +0.3%) which is in a better position without a broad roll-out of Evolution Fresh stores.
- Earlier this week, Starbucks announced all La Boulange stores will be closed.
- Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz was one of the first retail CEOs to talk about the seismic shift in the sector away from the traditional brick-and-mortar model.
- Previously: Starbucks closes La Boulange shops (June 17)
Jamba, Inc. is a restaurant retailer of beverage and food offerings, which include great tasting, whole fruit smoothies, fresh squeezed juices and juice blends, hot teas, and food items including hot oatmeal, breakfast wraps, sandwiches, artisan flatbreads, baked goods and snacks. The company... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR