What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Mar. 12, 2015, 7:06 PM
- Though it slightly missed FQ4 revenue estimates (while beating on EPS), Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) is guiding for 2015 comparable same-store sales to grow a solid 3%-5%.
- The company is also guiding for an op. margin of 4%-6%, and 100-125 U.S. and international store openings. 114 stores will be refranchised by mid-2015. It plans to open up to 500 new stores in the U.S. within the next 5 years. G&A spend (non-GAAP) is expected to fall to $30M from 2014's $33.7M.
- Comps were up 2.8% Y/Y in Q4 at company-owned stores, and 2.7% at franchise-owned stores. Juice sales grew to 13.4% of revenue in December from 7% in May.
- GAAP costs/expenses rose 3% Y/Y in Q4 to $51.8M (compares with a sub-1% revenue drop). $12M of Jamba's $25M buyback program was used over the course of 2015.
- Shares have risen to $14.69 AH.
- Q4 results, PR
Mar. 12, 2015, 5:37 PM
Feb. 9, 2015, 12:52 PM
- The Street Sweeper sets its sights on Jamba (JMBA -0.8%) with some harsh criticism.
- The company is accused of making late revisions to expenses and questioned about its plan to refranchise profitable stores,
- A warning is issued that Jamba's introduction of low-margin products could cannibalize smoothie sales.
- "At its current price of $16.36 a share, Jamba arguably looks expensive by even generous Wall Street standards, " concludes the short-selling website.
- SA contributor Valuentum has the bull case on Jamba.
Aug. 4, 2014, 7:09 PM
- A 6.3% Y/Y drop in G&A spend to $9.6M helped Jamba's (NASDAQ:JMBA) op, margin rise 60 bps Y/Y in Q2 to 10.3%, and EPS to beat estimates.
- Company-owned same-store sales rose 2.5% Y/Y, and franchise-operated same-store sales rose 2%. The introduction of juice and whole food blending to 376 stores (bringing the total to 508) provided a lift.
- For the whole of 2014, Jamba expects 2%-4% company-owned same-store growth, an 18%-19% store-level margin, a 2%-3% op. margin, and 60-80 new store locations.
- Jamba ended Q2 with $32.4M in cash/equivalents.
- Q2 results, PR
May 9, 2014, 1:55 PM
- Shares of Jamba (JMBA -6.9%) fall after the company narrowed its loss for Q1, but only managed a system-wide gain of 0.3% for same-store sales.
- The outlook for 2014 is for comp sales growth of 2% to 4% and and operating margin of 2% to 3%.
- The company sees adding 60 to 80 new stores and up to a thousand JambaGO machines.
Mar. 7, 2014, 8:37 AM
- Jamba (JMBA) managed to increase profitability in Q4 on flat revenue trends as it met some strategic targets.
- The company is facing some extra scrutiny to see how it fares with Starbucks upping its juice game.
- Jamba ended the quarter with 803 units.
- JMBA -1.6% premarket
Mar. 6, 2014, 4:04 PM
- Jamba, Inc. (JMBA): Q4 EPS of -$0.33 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $44.1M (-0.3% Y/Y) beats by $0.32M.
- Shares +2.6%.
Jan. 8, 2014, 10:07 AM
- Jamba (JMBA) shoots higher after catching an upgrade from Dougherty to a Buy rating.
- The company hasn't been a favorite name in the sector with competition in the smoothie market intensifying and the winter weather mix unfavorable to store traffic, but Dougherty sees value at the sub-$12 level for shares.
Jan. 3, 2014, 8:00 AM
- Wedbush reduces its rating on Jamba (JMBA) to Neutral from Outperform.
- The investment firm thinks the company will see a negative impact from the widespread colder weather in the U.S. this winter and increase in competition in the smoothie market.
- During Q3, Jamba saw same-store sales fall 3.4%.
- JMBA -3.3% premarket.
Oct. 8, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oct. 8, 2013, 9:09 AM
Oct. 8, 2013, 8:23 AM| Oct. 8, 2013, 8:23 AM | 1 Comment
Oct. 7, 2013, 5:45 PM
Oct. 7, 2013, 5:26 PM
- Jamba (JMBA) -5.8% AH after saying it sees FY 2013 system-wide same store sales flat to +1%, and store-level margins are seen at 16%-17%, with operating margin of 1%-2%; the company cites weak consumer spending, adverse weather in key markets and increased competition.
- Q3 system-wide comparable store sales are expected to drop 3.4%.
- Says JambaGo express smoothie units are opening in ~1,000 food courts across the U.S., bringing total units to more than 1,800.
Aug. 5, 2013, 4:14 PM
- Jamba's (JMBA) comparable store sales up 2.2% for the quarter.
- General and administrative expenses down 5.4% Y/Y to help boost operating margin by 230 bps compared to a year ao.
- The company sees comparable store sales growth of 4% to 6% for FY13 and store-level margin of 20%.
- JMBA +12% AH on apparent enthusiasm over the firm's outlook.
Mar. 11, 2013, 8:50 AM
Other News & PR