Jamba Juice: Finally Shaping Up
Mar. 12, 2015, 7:06 PM
- Though it slightly missed FQ4 revenue estimates (while beating on EPS), Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) is guiding for 2015 comparable same-store sales to grow a solid 3%-5%.
- The company is also guiding for an op. margin of 4%-6%, and 100-125 U.S. and international store openings. 114 stores will be refranchised by mid-2015. It plans to open up to 500 new stores in the U.S. within the next 5 years. G&A spend (non-GAAP) is expected to fall to $30M from 2014's $33.7M.
- Comps were up 2.8% Y/Y in Q4 at company-owned stores, and 2.7% at franchise-owned stores. Juice sales grew to 13.4% of revenue in December from 7% in May.
- GAAP costs/expenses rose 3% Y/Y in Q4 to $51.8M (compares with a sub-1% revenue drop). $12M of Jamba's $25M buyback program was used over the course of 2015.
- Shares have risen to $14.69 AH.
- Q4 results, PR
Mar. 12, 2015, 5:37 PM
Feb. 9, 2015, 12:52 PM
- The Street Sweeper sets its sights on Jamba (JMBA -0.8%) with some harsh criticism.
- The company is accused of making late revisions to expenses and questioned about its plan to refranchise profitable stores,
- A warning is issued that Jamba's introduction of low-margin products could cannibalize smoothie sales.
- "At its current price of $16.36 a share, Jamba arguably looks expensive by even generous Wall Street standards, " concludes the short-selling website.
- SA contributor Valuentum has the bull case on Jamba.
Aug. 4, 2014, 7:09 PM
- A 6.3% Y/Y drop in G&A spend to $9.6M helped Jamba's (NASDAQ:JMBA) op, margin rise 60 bps Y/Y in Q2 to 10.3%, and EPS to beat estimates.
- Company-owned same-store sales rose 2.5% Y/Y, and franchise-operated same-store sales rose 2%. The introduction of juice and whole food blending to 376 stores (bringing the total to 508) provided a lift.
- For the whole of 2014, Jamba expects 2%-4% company-owned same-store growth, an 18%-19% store-level margin, a 2%-3% op. margin, and 60-80 new store locations.
- Jamba ended Q2 with $32.4M in cash/equivalents.
- Q2 results, PR
May 9, 2014, 1:55 PM
- Shares of Jamba (JMBA -6.9%) fall after the company narrowed its loss for Q1, but only managed a system-wide gain of 0.3% for same-store sales.
- The outlook for 2014 is for comp sales growth of 2% to 4% and and operating margin of 2% to 3%.
- The company sees adding 60 to 80 new stores and up to a thousand JambaGO machines.
Mar. 7, 2014, 8:37 AM
- Jamba (JMBA) managed to increase profitability in Q4 on flat revenue trends as it met some strategic targets.
- The company is facing some extra scrutiny to see how it fares with Starbucks upping its juice game.
- Jamba ended the quarter with 803 units.
- JMBA -1.6% premarket
Mar. 6, 2014, 4:04 PM
- Jamba, Inc. (JMBA): Q4 EPS of -$0.33 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $44.1M (-0.3% Y/Y) beats by $0.32M.
- Shares +2.6%.
Jan. 8, 2014, 10:07 AM
- Jamba (JMBA) shoots higher after catching an upgrade from Dougherty to a Buy rating.
- The company hasn't been a favorite name in the sector with competition in the smoothie market intensifying and the winter weather mix unfavorable to store traffic, but Dougherty sees value at the sub-$12 level for shares.
Jan. 3, 2014, 8:00 AM
- Wedbush reduces its rating on Jamba (JMBA) to Neutral from Outperform.
- The investment firm thinks the company will see a negative impact from the widespread colder weather in the U.S. this winter and increase in competition in the smoothie market.
- During Q3, Jamba saw same-store sales fall 3.4%.
- JMBA -3.3% premarket.
Oct. 8, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oct. 8, 2013, 9:09 AM
Oct. 8, 2013, 8:23 AM| Oct. 8, 2013, 8:23 AM | 1 Comment
Oct. 7, 2013, 5:45 PM
Oct. 7, 2013, 5:26 PM
- Jamba (JMBA) -5.8% AH after saying it sees FY 2013 system-wide same store sales flat to +1%, and store-level margins are seen at 16%-17%, with operating margin of 1%-2%; the company cites weak consumer spending, adverse weather in key markets and increased competition.
- Q3 system-wide comparable store sales are expected to drop 3.4%.
- Says JambaGo express smoothie units are opening in ~1,000 food courts across the U.S., bringing total units to more than 1,800.
Aug. 5, 2013, 4:14 PM
- Jamba's (JMBA) comparable store sales up 2.2% for the quarter.
- General and administrative expenses down 5.4% Y/Y to help boost operating margin by 230 bps compared to a year ao.
- The company sees comparable store sales growth of 4% to 6% for FY13 and store-level margin of 20%.
- JMBA +12% AH on apparent enthusiasm over the firm's outlook.
Mar. 11, 2013, 8:50 AM
Jamba, Inc. is a restaurant retailer of beverage and food offerings, which include great tasting, whole fruit smoothies, fresh squeezed juices and juice blends, hot teas, and food items including hot oatmeal, breakfast wraps, sandwiches, artisan flatbreads, baked goods and snacks. The company... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR