Fri, Aug. 19, 9:14 AM
Thu, Aug. 18, 2:02 PM
Thu, Aug. 18, 12:47 PM
Thu, Aug. 18, 7:27 AM
- Jones Energy (NYSE:JONE) commenced its underwritten public offering of 14M shares of its Class A common stock. The underwriters will have an option to purchase up to an additional 2.1M shares of Class A common stock.
- Jones also announced the launch of an underwritten public offering of 1M shares of its Series A Perpetual Convertible Preferred Stock at an issue price of $50 per share, subject to market conditions.
- The company says it will use the net proceeds from the offerings to fund all or a portion of the acquisition of oil and gas properties located in the STACK/SCOOP play in Central Oklahoma.
- Source: Press Release
Wed, Aug. 10, 12:57 PM
- Jones Energy (JONE -7.7%) is downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight with a $3 price target, cut from $3.50, at Barclays, which believes the company would have to significantly improve its capital efficiency to justify its current premium.
- Barclays calculates that JONE shares trade at 5.2x the firm's EV/2018 EBITDAX estimate compared with an average of 4.1x for a comparable group of companies.
- The firm forecasts rising leverage ratios through 2017 as JONE's higher-priced oil and gas hedges roll off.
Wed, Aug. 3, 4:29 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AGO, AGU, ALB, ALIM, ALL, ANDE, AREX, ATO, AWK, AWR, BBRG, BFAM, BGC, BIO, BKH, BNFT, BREW, BYD, CABO, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CF, CHDN, CIM, CLR, CNAT, CODI, CPA, CSGS, CSII, CTL, CXW, DENN, DEPO, DK, DKL, DPM, ECR, EPE, EPR, EQIX, ERII, ETE, ETP, EVC, EVHC, EXAR, EXEL, EXTR, FIVN, FOXA, FRGI, FRSH, FSLR, G, GBDC, GDDY, GERN, GPOR, HABT, HASI, HI, HIL, HIVE, HLF, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAG, IL, INOV, IO, IRG, ITRI, JACK, JCOM, JONE, JRVR, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LPI, MASI, MC, MED, MET, MNR, MRO, MTDR, MUSA, MWA, NBIX, NKTR, NLY, NNBR, NP, NSIT, NSTG, OAS, OME, OSUR, PDM, PE, PEGA, PMT, PODD, PRA, PRU, PRXL, QLYS, QTWO, QUIK, REXR, RICE, RIG, RIGP, RLJ, RMP, RNG, RP, RST, RYN, SBY, SEMI, SGMO, SNCR, SQ, SQNM, SRC, SSS, STAA, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TDOC, TEAR, TEP, TLLP, TRIP, TRNC, TROX, TS, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TTEC, TWO, UHAL, VTAE, VVC, WCN, WGL, WMC, WPG, WPX, WU, XEC, XPO
Tue, May 24, 11:24 AM
- Jones Energy (JONE +2.4%) is upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform with a $6 price target, hiked from $4, at Iberia Capital, which believes the company will be able to monetize its existing Cleveland play within 12 years, rather than the earlier expectation of 27 years.
- The firm says JONE's plan to add three full-time drilling rigs leads to a doubling of Cleveland's undeveloped resource valuation to $440M from $220M.
- With potential acquisition identified at 50K net acres, Iberia thinks JONE could “potentially double their location count at a cost of $25M. If successful, the addition would boost our NAV by $100M, or $2/share.”
Thu, May 5, 3:31 PM
- Jones Energy (JONE +18.5%) is surging after reporting a slightly smaller than expected Q1 loss on a 55% Y/Y drop in revenues that nevertheless also beat expectations.
- JONE raised its 2016 production guidance to 6.2M-6.8M boe, up from a prior outlook for 5.6M-6.2M, as well as its planned capex to $100M from earlier guidance of $25M
- JONE also says it plans to resume drilling in the Cleveland play in western Oklahoma and the Texas panhandle, prompted by recent gains in commodity prices as well as cost savings within the company and "compelling" after-tax returns; it expects to have three rigs running by next month.
Wed, May 4, 4:36 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Wed, Apr. 27, 3:58 PM
- Jones Energy (JONE +12.3%) is upgraded to Outperform from In-line with a $5.25 price target, hiked from $1.25, at Imperial Capital, which sees the company as a likely first mover in returning rigs to work.
- The firm believes JONE can now achieve an internal rate of return at ~30% while still living within its cash flow, owing to the company's excellent hedge position and low operating costs.
- Imperial also expects JONE to seek inorganic growth opportunities as M&A activity in the Mid-Con continues to pick up.
Wed, Mar. 30, 3:30 PM
- Analysts at Seaport Global upgrade seven oil and gas producers, advocating for increased exposure to select names they say should protect investors in the event of a move back toward $50/bbl, while downgrading 11 others.
- Seaport upgrades seven companies to Buy: Continental Resources (CLR +3.4%), Callon Petroleum (CPE +1.4%), Marathon Oil (MRO +1.9%), Oasis Petroleum (OAS +2.8%), Rice Energy (RICE +1.7%), Petroquest Energy (PQ +9.1%) and Lonestar Resources (OTCQX:LNREF +6.6%).
- Downgraded to Sell are Whiting Petroleum (WLL +4.1%), Southwestern Energy (SWN -2.5%), WPX Energy (WPX +0.6%), Laredo Petroleum (LPI -1.1%), Jones Energy (JONE +0.9%), Northern Oil & Gas (NOG +1%), Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO +1.6%), Memorial Resource (MRD +2.5%), Matador Resources (MTDR -0.3%), Sanchez Energy (SN +1.6%) and PDC Energy (PDCE -0.9%).
- The firm also favors gaining leverage to the Oklahoma STACK play, thus CLR and Newfield Exploration (NFX +1.9%) have "taken the pole position away" from Permian producers Parsley Energy (PE +1.3%) and Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD +1%).
Mon, Mar. 7, 4:29 PM
- Jones Energy (NYSE:JONE): Q4 EPS of $0.03 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $38.2M (-49.5% Y/Y) misses by $22.9M.
Sun, Mar. 6, 5:35 PM
Dec. 7, 2015, 12:48 PM