Jones Soda Co.NASDAQ
Mon, Nov. 21, 2:24 PM
- Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) is up 4.51% on a huge volume move.
- Other beverage stocks with a head of steam include National Beverage Corporation (FIZZ +4.2%), Boston Beer (SAM +2.2%), Molson Coors (TAP +1.9%), Dr Pepper Snapple (DPS +1.8%) and Jones Soda (JSDA +2.8%). Leading Brands (LBIX +12.1%) moved higher after a bullish Seeking Alpha article went live.
- It's not clear why the names are attracting so much attention today from investors (M&A intrigue?), but as a group beverage stocks are the top performer in the consumer goods sector.
Thu, Nov. 3, 5:11 PM
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:27 PM
Thu, May 5, 5:17 PM
- Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA): Q1 EPS of $0.00
- Revenue of $4.3M (+48.3% Y/Y)
Thu, Mar. 3, 4:25 PM
- Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA): Q4 EPS of -$0.01
- Revenue of $2.7M (+12.5% Y/Y)
Dec. 7, 2015, 12:48 PM
- Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA +7.6%), Reed's (REED +1.9%), and Coca-Cola Bottling Co. (COKE +2.7%) are three more beverage stocks on the move after Keurig Green Mountain is taken private at a lush premium.
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain bought by JAB at 78% premium (Dec. 07 2015)
- Previously: Ripple effects from the Keurig Green Mountain buyout (Dec. 07 2015)
Nov. 5, 2015, 5:41 PM
- Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA): Q3 EPS of $0.00
- Revenue of $3.76M (-14.0% Y/Y)
Jun. 9, 2015, 10:43 PM
- San Francisco is one step closer to becoming the first U.S. city to require warning labels on sugary drinks after government officials approved a new measure.
- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors and Mayor still have to sign off on the anti-soda ordinances.
- Some juice products, flavored milk products, and sports drinks will be included in the targeted beverage category if they contain a certain threshold of added sugar.
- Health advocates say they will make a second run at passing a sugar tax in San Francisco. They are also aiming for a broader push beyond California on consumer sugar warnings.
- The beverage industry has reacted to uneven demand in the U.S. for soda drinks in part with product innovation (craft, cane sugar, energy, protein) aimed at millennials.
- Related stocks: KO, PEP, DPS, COT, MNST, OTCQB:JSDA, REED, FIZZ, HSY, DF,
May 20, 2015, 8:20 AM
- Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA) announces it will increase a roll-out of regional soda labels.
- New packaging and limited edition bottles are part of the initiative.
May 7, 2015, 4:54 PM
- Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA): Q1 EPS of -$0.01
- Revenue of $2.89M (flat Y/Y)
Mar. 24, 2015, 11:02 AM
- Beverage stocks break higher as some industry sales tracking is reported to be positive.
- The C-store channel has been vibrant for the sector recently.
- Strong gainers include Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) up 2.5% and Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) with a 2.3% increase.
- Small player Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA) is up 7% and Cott (NYSE:COT) continues its stellar 2015 run with a 2.2% rally.
- Even large soda sellers Pepsico (PEP +1.2%), Coca-Cola (KO +0.7%), and Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS +0.7%) are ahead of broad market averages.
Feb. 14, 2015, 10:13 AM
- Craft soda is starting to become a trend to watch closely, according to industry insiders.
- Though still accounting for only ~1% of the total U.S. soda market, major retail chains have increasingly been willing to bet on local craft brands in store aisles.
- The craft craze is old news for the beer industry where coming-of-age millennials buy craft/local beers at a 50% higher rate than brand-loyal older generations. Fading stars such as Budweiser and Bud Light are testament to the impact of the millennial paradigm.
- The craft influence in coffee hasn't been lost on Starbucks which has strategically deployed trucks on college campuses in an effort to win over students.
- Despite the progressive reputation of Starbucks, analysts think new upstarts such as Craft (subscription) and Cups (app) have a shot of gaining influence with the Indie-minded millennial crowd on "customization" and pricing.
- What to watch: An increase in M&A activity in the beverage sector is expected as major companies strategically pick off more local craft brands to incubate.
- Craft beer watch: BUD, OTCPK:SBMRY, TAP, OTCQX:HEINY, SAM, BREW, STZ, OTC:BIBLF, OTCPK:BRBMF.
- Craft coffee watch: GMCR, SBUX, JVA, SJM, KRFT, DNKN, QSR, MCD.
- Craft soda watch: PEP, KO, MNST, COT, DPS, OTCQB:JSDA, REED, SODA, FIZZ.
Aug. 27, 2014, 6:59 AM
Mar. 6, 2014, 5:26 PM
- Jones Soda Co. (JSDA): FQ4 EPS of -$0.03.
Jan. 3, 2014, 5:07 PM
- Jones Soda (JSDA +6.3%) enters into a $2M secured revolver with BFI Business Finance at the Prime Rate +200bp (with a monthly 15bp fee). The facility has a 1-year term which automatically extends absent cancellation from either party.
- The new loan facility replaces Jones' prior credit agreement with Access Business Finance, which expired in Dec. (8-K)
Jun. 28, 2012, 6:52 AM