Helix Investment Research
Thu, May 5, 5:17 PM
Thu, Mar. 3, 4:25 PM
Dec. 7, 2015, 12:48 PM
- Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA +7.6%), Reed's (REED +1.9%), and Coca-Cola Bottling Co. (COKE +2.7%) are three more beverage stocks on the move after Keurig Green Mountain is taken private at a lush premium.
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain bought by JAB at 78% premium (Dec. 07 2015)
- Previously: Ripple effects from the Keurig Green Mountain buyout (Dec. 07 2015)
Nov. 5, 2015, 5:41 PM
- Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA): Q3 EPS of $0.00
- Revenue of $3.76M (-14.0% Y/Y)
Jun. 9, 2015, 10:43 PM
- San Francisco is one step closer to becoming the first U.S. city to require warning labels on sugary drinks after government officials approved a new measure.
- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors and Mayor still have to sign off on the anti-soda ordinances.
- Some juice products, flavored milk products, and sports drinks will be included in the targeted beverage category if they contain a certain threshold of added sugar.
- Health advocates say they will make a second run at passing a sugar tax in San Francisco. They are also aiming for a broader push beyond California on consumer sugar warnings.
- The beverage industry has reacted to uneven demand in the U.S. for soda drinks in part with product innovation (craft, cane sugar, energy, protein) aimed at millennials.
- Related stocks: KO, PEP, DPS, COT, MNST, OTCQB:JSDA, REED, FIZZ, HSY, DF,
May 20, 2015, 8:20 AM
- Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA) announces it will increase a roll-out of regional soda labels.
- New packaging and limited edition bottles are part of the initiative.
May 7, 2015, 4:54 PM
- Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA): Q1 EPS of -$0.01
- Revenue of $2.89M (flat Y/Y)
Mar. 24, 2015, 11:02 AM
- Beverage stocks break higher as some industry sales tracking is reported to be positive.
- The C-store channel has been vibrant for the sector recently.
- Strong gainers include Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) up 2.5% and Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) with a 2.3% increase.
- Small player Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA) is up 7% and Cott (NYSE:COT) continues its stellar 2015 run with a 2.2% rally.
- Even large soda sellers Pepsico (PEP +1.2%), Coca-Cola (KO +0.7%), and Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS +0.7%) are ahead of broad market averages.
Feb. 14, 2015, 10:13 AM
- Craft soda is starting to become a trend to watch closely, according to industry insiders.
- Though still accounting for only ~1% of the total U.S. soda market, major retail chains have increasingly been willing to bet on local craft brands in store aisles.
- The craft craze is old news for the beer industry where coming-of-age millennials buy craft/local beers at a 50% higher rate than brand-loyal older generations. Fading stars such as Budweiser and Bud Light are testament to the impact of the millennial paradigm.
- The craft influence in coffee hasn't been lost on Starbucks which has strategically deployed trucks on college campuses in an effort to win over students.
- Despite the progressive reputation of Starbucks, analysts think new upstarts such as Craft (subscription) and Cups (app) have a shot of gaining influence with the Indie-minded millennial crowd on "customization" and pricing.
- What to watch: An increase in M&A activity in the beverage sector is expected as major companies strategically pick off more local craft brands to incubate.
- Craft beer watch: BUD, OTCPK:SBMRY, TAP, OTCQX:HEINY, SAM, BREW, STZ, OTC:BIBLF, OTCPK:BRBMF.
- Craft coffee watch: GMCR, SBUX, JVA, SJM, KRFT, DNKN, QSR, MCD.
- Craft soda watch: PEP, KO, MNST, COT, DPS, OTCQB:JSDA, REED, SODA, FIZZ.
Aug. 27, 2014, 6:59 AM
Mar. 6, 2014, 5:26 PM
- Jones Soda Co. (JSDA): FQ4 EPS of -$0.03.
Jan. 3, 2014, 5:07 PM
- Jones Soda (JSDA +6.3%) enters into a $2M secured revolver with BFI Business Finance at the Prime Rate +200bp (with a monthly 15bp fee). The facility has a 1-year term which automatically extends absent cancellation from either party.
- The new loan facility replaces Jones' prior credit agreement with Access Business Finance, which expired in Dec. (8-K)
Jun. 28, 2012, 6:52 AM
Feb. 2, 2012, 8:58 AM
Shares of Jones Soda (JSDA) fizzle - moving down 25.6% premarket - after the firm announces an agreement to sell $3.2M in common stock and warrants directly to institutional and accredited investors.| Feb. 2, 2012, 8:58 AM
Dec. 5, 2011, 7:59 AM
Jones Soda (JSDA) announces it landed authorizations from a bevvy of U.S retailers including Safeway, Kroger, and Publix to sell its products in stores. The new deals add to robust distribution growth for the company, and according to CEO William Messner firm will make the question of where to find its products easier to answer.| Dec. 5, 2011, 7:59 AM
May 27, 2010, 8:07 AM