Kaiser Aluminum CorporationNASDAQ
Thu, Oct. 20, 2:02 PM
Wed, Oct. 19, 4:23 PM
Tue, Oct. 18, 5:35 PM
Fri, Oct. 14, 4:19 PM
Mon, Oct. 3, 12:34 PM
- Freeport McMoRan (FCX -0.5%), Barrick Gold (ABX -2.5%) and Pan American Silver (PAAS -0.5%) are upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank, which notes the 12% Q3 rally in commodity prices have enabled the sector to improve their balance sheets via stock issuance, debt refinancing and asset disposals.
- The firm is neutral overall in the metals group, as it continues to believe that material supply cuts still are needed in most commodities and thus does not anticipate prices continuing their upward trend.
- Deutsche Bank says its top picks are ABX and Newmont Mining (NEM -3%) in precious metals, Steel Dynamics (STLD -2.4%) in steel, and Alcoa (AA -1.1%) and Kaiser Aluminum (KALU -1.8%) in aluminum; it upgrades AK Steel (AKS -0.7%), Coeur Mining (CDE -0.8%), Teck Resources (TCK -1.5%) and Goldcorp (GG -4.2%) to Hold from Sell.
Mon, Aug. 29, 1:48 PM
- Shares of aluminum makers are higher after privately-held aluminum rolled products producer Aleris agreed to be acquired by China's Zhongwang for $2.33B, in a bet that the U.S. automotive aluminum sector will be the industry's next big growth market.
- Since 2010, Aleris has been owned and controlled by a group led by investment funds of Oaktree Capital Management (NYSE:OAK).
- Aleris is in the midst of a $350M expansion of its Lewisport, Ky., rolling mill to produce automotive body sheet for U.S. auto manufacturers, and hopes to produce 200K metric tons/year and begin shipping in 2017.
- Shares of other publicly traded aluminum companies are up, including Alcoa (AA +2.4%), Century Aluminum (CENX +2.7%), Kaiser Aluminum (KALU +1%) and Constellium (CSTM +12.9%).
Wed, Jul. 20, 4:35 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jul. 15, 4:21 PM
Thu, May 19, 6:16 PM
- Teck Resources (NYSE:TCK) rose more than 3% in today's trade after Goldman Sachs initiated coverage of the stock with a Buy rating and $12 price target.
- Goldman expects TCK will benefit from more than 90% of each of the main metals being sourced outside of the U.S., which means the stronger dollar should act as a tailwind for the majority of metal producers.
- Kaiser Aluminum (NASDAQ:KALU) fell only slightly even after Goldman slapped the stock with a Sell rating and $76 price target, saying the company is exposed to end-markets in the late stages of upcycles as production decelerates.
- The firm also initiated Freeport McMoRan (NYSE:FCX) with a Neutral rating and six-month price target of $12.
Wed, Apr. 20, 4:26 PM
- Kaiser Aluminum (NASDAQ:KALU): Q1 EPS of $1.51 beats by $0.24.
- Revenue of $343M (-7.8% Y/Y) misses by $4.33M.
Tue, Apr. 19, 5:35 PM| Tue, Apr. 19, 5:35 PM | 16 Comments
Fri, Apr. 15, 4:30 PM
- Kaiser Aluminum (NASDAQ:KALU) declares $0.45/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.08%
- Payable May 13; for shareholders of record April 25; ex-div April 21.
Fri, Mar. 11, 8:43 AM
- Credit Suisse starts coverage on the aluminum sector with bullish view on downstream markets and a cautiously optimistic view on upstream markets.
- Alcoa (NYSE:AA) Outperform with a $13 price target. Implied upside 35.4%.
- Constellium (NYSE:CSTM) Outperform with a $10 PT. Implied upside 47%.
- Kaiser Aluminum (NASDAQ:KALU) Neutral with an $85 PT. Implied upside 5%.
- Sees secular growth in aerospace and automotive markets to result in positive operating leverage and prices over the next several years.
- March 9: Alcoa's Rally Is Over
- March 3: Alcoa: New Blood Is A Big Positive
- Jan. 24: Alcoa: Commodity Volatilty But Plenty Of Upside
Tue, Mar. 1, 12:59 PM
- Kaiser Aluminum (KALU +2.3%) is higher as Deutsche Bank upgrades shares to Buy from Hold with a $90 price target, raised from $85, despite disappointing Q4 results the firm says was caused by non-recurring aerospace destocking and a one-time tax charge.
- More importantly, Deutsche Bank likes management's value added resource guidance for 3%-5% growth in 2016 on higher demand from KALU's aerospace and automotive end-markets.
- In addition to projected capital return of 17.5%, the firm notes the progressive dividend yield of 2.3% and authorized share repurchases up to $123M for a total return of up to ~29%.
Tue, Feb. 16, 4:36 PM
- Kaiser Aluminum (NASDAQ:KALU): Q4 EPS of $0.60 may not be comparable to consensus of $1.09.
- Revenue of $317M (-6.2% Y/Y) misses by $12.07M.