What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Aug. 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 12, 2014, 11:57 AM
- The bottom just fell out of Kate Spade (KATE -18.8%) this morning after shares had run up a tidy 7% post-earnings gain.
- During the firm's earnings call, execs said they "might" push out long-term guidance by a year.
- That ambiguity by management and the heavy hand of short-minded traders appear to be swinging momentum.
- Volume on KATE is already 10X normal activity.
- Earnings call webcast
Aug. 12, 2014, 10:28 AM
- Shares of Kate Spade (KATE +7.3%) carve out a new multi-year high after a bustling Q2 report and a bump in guidance.
- The retailer almost doubled up the street estimate for comp growth with its 30.4% mark.
- What to watch: Some retail analysts are wary of the heavy level of markdowns and margin compression that Kate Spade had to endure to achieve its sales pop. If the brand slips out of the affordable luxury category, they note that working its way back up could be difficult.
Aug. 12, 2014, 9:06 AM
- Kate Spade (NYSE:KATE) reports comparable direct-to-consumer sales rose 30.4% in Q2.
- The rate of sales growth for both the Kate Space North America and Kate Spade International segments was over 50% during the period.
- The retailer's gross profit rate fell 320 bps to 58.6% on a shift in mix toward off-price volume.
- KATE +5.8% premarket
Aug. 12, 2014, 7:54 AM
- Kate Spade (NYSE:KATE): Q2 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $265.99M (+48.7% Y/Y) beats by $28.16M.
Aug. 11, 2014, 5:30 PM
May 14, 2014, 8:07 AM
- Kate Spade (KATE) reports a solid 22% gain in direct-to-consumer sales during Q1.
- Comp sales rose 43% from a year ago as the company underwent a major re-alignment with its core brands.
- Gross profit rate fell 210 bps to 55.3% during the period with promotional activity higher.
- Full-year 2014 EBITDA guidance of $115M-$125M is reaffirmed.
May 14, 2014, 7:45 AM
- Kate Spade (KATE): Q1 EPS of -$0.06 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $328M (+33.6% Y/Y) beats by $126.72M.
May 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
May 2, 2014, 1:01 PM
- Kate Spade (KATE +1.3%) is reiterated by Nomura at a Buy rating.
- The investment firm thinks the company can generate double-digit comparable sales growth.
- E-commerce could also be a big part of the Kate story.
- Nomura's price target of $41 on the premium clothing seller indicates this year's rally in Kate still has legs.
Apr. 29, 2014, 7:31 AM
- The luxury sector could see some pressure after Coach saw its comparable-store sales in North America plummet in North America during FQ3.
- Though Coach lost market share to rivals during the period with its brand not quite as strong, the weak sales report could also tip off some underling demand issues in the sector for key categories.
- On watch: Tiffany (TIF), Ralph Lauren (RL), Michael Kors (KORS), Kate Spade (KATE)
Mar. 10, 2014, 5:49 PM
Feb. 25, 2014, 7:48 AM
- Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. (FNP): Q4 EPS of $0.15 misses by $0.15.
- Revenue of $426.9M (+22.3% Y/Y) misses by $78.86M.
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 10, 2014, 9:13 AM| Jan. 10, 2014, 9:13 AM | 8 Comments
Other News & PR