Thu, Jan. 29, 8:33 AM
- Kate Spade (NYSE:KATE) strikes a deal with The Lane Crawford Joyce Group to help strengthen the presence of its brand in Greater China.
- The company also acquired a 60% interest in KS China through its partnership with E-Land Fashion for a payment of $36M.
- Through some efforts to consolidate operations in the region, the businesses in the China will be run under Kate Spade China with Walton Brown (The Lane Crawford Joyce Group property) holding an equal partnership interest.
Dec. 3, 2013, 11:23 AM
- Fifth & Pacific's (FNP +0.6%) Kate Spade brand is drawing interest from potential buyers, according to Bloomberg.
- Kate Spade has a very strong track record of sales growth in the U.S. with on-trend designs.
- Sterne Agee thinks that interest is so high that a sale could fetch more than Fifth & Pacific's current market cap.
Apr. 12, 2013, 5:07 PMFifth & Pacific's (FNP +1.5%) Lucky Brand and Juicy Couture labels are attracting interest from P-E firms and strategic buyers including VF Corp. (VFC), Bloomberg reports. Lucky likely would fetch the higher price of ~$400M; gross margin expanded as its sales jumped 10% last year to $461M. It is not clear if the brands would be sold together or separately. | Apr. 12, 2013, 5:07 PM | Comment!
Mar. 30, 2012, 2:14 PM
Oct. 12, 2011, 8:36 AMLiz Clairborne (LIZ) jumps 22.4% premarket after announcing it's selling 4 clothing brands for proceeds of $328M. The company's Liz Clairborne and Monet brands will be sold to J.C. Penney (JCP), and its Dana Buchman brand will be sold to Kohl's (KSS). Liz Clairborne expects the moves to lower its earnings, but to also bring down its net debt to the $270M-$290M range. | Oct. 12, 2011, 8:36 AM | Comment!
Other News & PR