KCG Holdings Is Improving What's In Their Control But To What End?
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
KCG Holdings Continues To Hide Under The Radar
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Jun. 3, 2015, 7:38 AM
- A total of 82.3M shares were tendered at or below $14 per share, and KCG expects to repurchase 23.6M shares at $14 each on a pro rata basis, except for tenders of odd lots, which will be accepted in full for another $330M.
- The preliminary proration factor is about 28.7%, and the shares expected to be bought back represent roughly 22% of the float.
May 1, 2015, 9:54 AM
- Q1 non-GAAP pretax income of $32.4M vs. $30.5M in Q4, $57.6M a year ago. GAAP earnings of $249.3M or $2.19 per share thanks to a pretax gain of $373.8M from the sale of KCG Hotspot.
- Trading revenues of $208.8M vs. $221.4M in Q4, $258.3M a year ago. Commissions and fees $100M vs. $117.3M and $112.3M.
- Company has tendered for $330M of its stock at a range of $13.50-$14 per share.
- Previously: KCG Holdings reports Q1 results (May 1)
- KCG +6.3%
May 1, 2015, 7:15 AM
- KCG Holdings (NYSE:KCG): Q1 EPS of $2.19
- Revenue of $311.13M (-16.8% Y/Y)
Apr. 30, 2015, 5:30 PM
Mar. 3, 2015, 8:35 AM
- The longtime head of KCG Holdings (NYSE:KCG) market-making division, George Sohos has resigned, effective immediately.
- SEC Form 8-K
- Sohos' departure comes following the sudden exit of CFO Steven Bisgay in September. Both had been with Knight Capital since well before the Getco merger.
- The market-making segment is KCG's most valuable business, generating $238.7M vs. overall firm revenue of $346.1M in Q4.
Jan. 30, 2015, 7:07 AM
- KCG Holdings (NYSE:KCG): Q4 EPS of $0.23 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.19.
- Revenue of $346.13M (+7.0% Y/Y)
Jan. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jan. 28, 2015, 8:33 AM
- KCG Hotspot is KCG Holdings' (NYSE:KCG) FX trading venue, and BATS Global is buying for $365M in cash and up to another $70M over the next three years based on certain tax benefits.
- The deal is expected to boost KCG's tangible book value by about $2 per share.
- KCG CEO Daniel Coleman: "Upon completion of the deal, our focus will be on putting the cash to good use for KCG and our shareholders."
- Shares +3.2% premarket
Jan. 6, 2015, 8:44 AM
- Steffan Parrat has been appointed as KCG's permanent CFO, replacing Sean Galvin, who will return to the Chief Accounting Officer slot. Galvin had been in the CFO role since September when Steve Bisgay moved on.
- Among Parrat's past positions, he was a managing director at BAML as well as at Citigroup.
Dec. 15, 2014, 1:33 PM
- KCG Holdings' (KCG -0.2%) Europe unit lost power in its main London building about 2 PM local time, and initially told traders it was running on backup power. A few minutes later, however, KCG sent an update telling customers to route European orders elsewhere while it fixed the issue. The company also said it was canceling all open orders.
Oct. 30, 2014, 1:15 PM
- Q3 non-GAAP loss from continuing operations of $19.518M compares to a profit of $21.5M on Q2 and $19M one year ago.
- CEO Daniel Coleman: "The muted retail trading activity and single-digit realized volatility within a heightened competitive environment cut into Market Making segment results."
- Market Making segment: Total revenue of $166.6M vs. $218.4M in Q2. Pretax loss excluding certain items of $5.2M vs. a profit of $36M. Average daily volume of $24.7M vs, $25.1M; in terms of daily trades 3.3M vs. 3.6M; in terms of shares traded 5.8M vs. 10.8M.
- Global Execution Services segment: Total revenue of $79.2M vs. $85.9M in Q2. Pretax income excluding certain items of $1.9M vs. $2.6M.
- Company has begun to explore options for KCG Hotspot, its electronic FX trading vehicle.
- Previously: KCG Holdings EPS of -$0.09
- Off substantially earlier, KCG has returned to flat for the session.
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:12 AM
- KCG Holdings (NYSE:KCG): Q3 EPS of -$0.09 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.05.
- Revenue of $272.3M (-42.0% Y/Y)
Sep. 12, 2014, 2:38 PM
- "With the completion of the merger behind us, I feel it is the right time to move on to the next chapter in my career," says Steve Bisgay, stepping down as CFO of KCG Holdings (KCG -1.2%). Stepping in as interim CFO, effective immediately, is Chief Accounting Officer Sean Galvin.
Aug. 1, 2014, 7:08 AM
- KCG Holdings (NYSE:KCG): Q2 EPS of $0.08 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.17.
- Revenue of $206.8M (-19.9% Y/Y) misses by $81M.
Jul. 31, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 28, 2014, 3:06 PM
- "The maker fee is an incentive ... for people to provide liquidity into the market," says Nasdaq OMX (NASDAQ:NDAQ) CEO Robert Greifeld, speaking on the sidelines of a congressional-sponsored roundtable about equity market reforms. "To be rewarded for that in some way I think is fair and legitimate."
- However, he says, the $0.30 fee "was not designed by God," and notes it's been at that level for 10 years.
- The so-called "maker-taker" model is receiving heightened scrutiny following the Michael Lewis book which questioned the practice of paying brokers an an incentive to boost liquidity, and the major exchanges are competing with market-makers like KCG Holdings for order flow, perhaps enticing brokers to send orders to where they get paid the most, instead of where their customers get the best execution.
- ICE CEO Jeffrey Sprecher also advocated lower fees, but goes further in suggesting a ban on maker-taker pricing altogether.
KCG Holdings, Inc. is an independent securities company, which offers investors a range of services designed to address trading needs across asset classes, product types and time zones. It combines advanced technology with client service across market making, agency execution and venues. It has... More
Industry: Investment Brokerage - Regional
Country: United States
Other News & PR