Thu, Aug. 20, 9:53 AM
Fri, May 1, 9:54 AM
- Q1 non-GAAP pretax income of $32.4M vs. $30.5M in Q4, $57.6M a year ago. GAAP earnings of $249.3M or $2.19 per share thanks to a pretax gain of $373.8M from the sale of KCG Hotspot.
- Trading revenues of $208.8M vs. $221.4M in Q4, $258.3M a year ago. Commissions and fees $100M vs. $117.3M and $112.3M.
- Company has tendered for $330M of its stock at a range of $13.50-$14 per share.
- Previously: KCG Holdings reports Q1 results (May 1)
- KCG +6.3%
Wed, Jan. 28, 8:33 AM
- KCG Hotspot is KCG Holdings' (NYSE:KCG) FX trading venue, and BATS Global is buying for $365M in cash and up to another $70M over the next three years based on certain tax benefits.
- The deal is expected to boost KCG's tangible book value by about $2 per share.
- KCG CEO Daniel Coleman: "Upon completion of the deal, our focus will be on putting the cash to good use for KCG and our shareholders."
- Source: Press release
- Shares +3.2% premarket
Oct. 30, 2014, 1:15 PM
- Q3 non-GAAP loss from continuing operations of $19.518M compares to a profit of $21.5M on Q2 and $19M one year ago.
- CEO Daniel Coleman: "The muted retail trading activity and single-digit realized volatility within a heightened competitive environment cut into Market Making segment results."
- Market Making segment: Total revenue of $166.6M vs. $218.4M in Q2. Pretax loss excluding certain items of $5.2M vs. a profit of $36M. Average daily volume of $24.7M vs, $25.1M; in terms of daily trades 3.3M vs. 3.6M; in terms of shares traded 5.8M vs. 10.8M.
- Global Execution Services segment: Total revenue of $79.2M vs. $85.9M in Q2. Pretax income excluding certain items of $1.9M vs. $2.6M.
- Company has begun to explore options for KCG Hotspot, its electronic FX trading vehicle.
- Previously: KCG Holdings EPS of -$0.09
- Off substantially earlier, KCG has returned to flat for the session.
Jun. 16, 2014, 5:36 PM
May 2, 2014, 8:03 AM
- Revenue of $383.7M up 19% Q/Q, with non-GAAP pre-tax income of 57.6M up from $19.8M. Market Making revenue of $277.3M is up 19% Q/Q, with pre-tax income of $76M up 59%.
- With $185M of principal repayment during Q1, and another $50M since, KCG pays off and terminates its credit facility.
- Tangible book value per share of $10.85.
- Company announces $150M buyback program.
- CC at 9 ET
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: KCG Holdings beats by $0.14
- Shares +7.7% premarket
Apr. 4, 2014, 2:47 PM
- It's new session lows for many of the brokerage names amid the boosted scrutiny over high-frequency trading. The travails of the E*Trade, TD Ameritrade, and Schwab have been told, but also getting hit is Interactive Brokers (IBKR -8.5%) - which yesterday begain allowing customers to route orders through anti-HFT exchange IEX.
- Also turning to IEX is TradeStation.
- KCG Holdings (KCG -7.6%), INTL FCStone (INTL -4.3%).
Nov. 25, 2013, 8:26 AM
Jul. 22, 2013, 5:40 PM
Jul. 5, 2013, 12:55 PM
Dec. 19, 2012, 9:10 AM
Nov. 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
Nov. 28, 2012, 11:02 AMVirtu is reportedly making a $3/share all-cash bid for Knight Capital, according to Charlie Gasparino. On the surface, it's well less than than Getco's $3.50 bid, but Getco's deal is more a merger with part of the value being stock in the combined company - and who knows what that will be worth. KCG +11.5% to $3.31. | Nov. 28, 2012, 11:02 AM | 2 Comments
Nov. 28, 2012, 9:10 AM
Nov. 26, 2012, 9:10 AM
Nov. 26, 2012, 9:00 AM
KCG Holdings Inc is a securities firm offering clients a range of services designed to address trading needs across asset classes, product types and time zones. It is also engaged in principal trading via exchange-based electronic market making.
Other News & PR