Oct. 10, 2013, 5:39 PM
- Gulfport Energy (GPOR) will replace WMS Industries (WMS) in the S&P MidCap 400, and Saia (SAIA) will replace GPOR in the S&P SmallCap 600 after the close of trading Oct. 17.
- FXCM (FXCM) will replace Kaydon (KDN) in the S&P SmallCap 600 after the close of trading Oct. 15.
- WMS and KDN are being acquired in deals expected to be completed soon.
- SAIA +1.7%, FXCM +1.5%, GPOR +0.8% AH.
Sep. 5, 2013, 12:45 PM
Sep. 5, 2013, 9:14 AM
Sep. 5, 2013, 7:20 AM
- Sweden's SKF, the world's biggest bearings maker, agrees to acquire Kaydon Corp. (KDN) in an all-cash deal valued at ~$1.25B.
- SKF (SKFRY.PK) has said it wants to expand in North America as industrial growth and modest wage increases make the region more attractive for major investments this year than China; KDN generates 62% of its sales ($475M total in 2012) in North America.
- The offer of $35.50/share represents a 22% premium over yesterday's closing price.
- KDN +22.5% premarket.
Apr. 15, 2013, 5:47 PM
Jan. 10, 2013, 2:18 PMShares of China Ming Yang Wind Power (MY +35.2%) soar as China reportedly plans to double its 2013 wind power capacity from last year and is aiming for 10 GW of installed power, up from 7 GW at year-end 2012. Also: BWEN +3.8%, FAN +2.9%, OPTT +1.4%, TRN +0.3%, MTZ +0.2%, KDN +0.1%. | Jan. 10, 2013, 2:18 PM
Feb. 24, 2012, 8:54 AM
Shares of Kaydon (KDN) push up 13.1% premarket after the company announces that a special dividend of $10.50 per share will be paid in March. The manufacturing firm will fund the $337 million special dividend through available cash balances and committed bank credit availability. (Earlier: earnings)| Feb. 24, 2012, 8:54 AM | 3 Comments
Feb. 24, 2012, 8:15 AMKaydon (KDN): Q4 EPS of $0.40 misses by $0.05. Revenue of $108.1M (+3.1% Y/Y) misses by $14M. Shares +9.9% premarket. (PR) | Feb. 24, 2012, 8:15 AM