DC Capital • 16 Comments
Mar. 18, 2015, 4:58 PM
- KEYW has acquired Ponte Technologies, provider of a variety of cybersecurity research and engineering services for government (defense/intelligence) and enterprise (financial/transportation) clients. It has also bought Milestone Intelligence, a system engineering and software services provider for defense and intelligence clients.
- Terms are undisclosed. KEYW is putting both businesses into a newly-created Emerging Technologies and Markets (ETM) group that will be run by Dick Schaeffer, Jr., the former Director of Information Assurance at the NSA.
- Shares rose 3.5% in regular trading, after touching their 52-week low of $7.01 in the morning.
Jan. 3, 2014, 10:39 AM
- Several security hardware and software vendors are trading higher in response to FireEye's $1B+ acquisition of cybersecurity software/services firm Mandiant, and perhaps also FireEye's Q4 guidance hike. The acquisition, which comes six months after Cisco agreed to buy top intrustion prevention system vendor Sourcefire for $2.7B, is fueling hopes the industry will see additional M&A.
- KEYW (KEYW +9.9%), a cybersecurity software/services provider for defense and security agencies, is the biggest gainer. Other winners include Palo Alto Networks (PANW +3.6%), Barracuda (CUDA +3.2%), Imperva (IMPV +2.4%), Proofpoint (PFPT +5.3%), and Qualys (QLYS +2.3%).
Sep. 13, 2012, 6:24 PM
KEYW Corporation (KEYW) pays $18M in cash and up to $16.5M in KEYW common stock to acuire Sensage, a privately held provider of advanced Security Information and Event Management and event data warehousing software solutions to enterprise and government customers. $7.5M of the stock and $3M of the cash consideration is contingent upon Sensage meeting certain revenue targets for H212. The acquisition is expected to be slightly accretive to Q4 results.| Sep. 13, 2012, 6:24 PM