Wed, Aug. 24, 7:58 AM
- B. Riley analyst Jeff Van Sinderen slides his price target on Kirkland (NASDAQ:KIRK) to $15 from $21 after taking in the retailer's disappointing Q2 report and guidance.
- Concerns on Kirkland's supply chain progress were cited in the analyst note, although a Buy rating was maintained on the expectation that positive comparable sales growth is down the road.
- Sidoti downgrades KIRK to Neutral from Buy.
- Shares of Kirkland's plunged 18% after the company's earnings report was released yesterday.
- Previously: Kirkland's misses by $0.01, misses on revenue (Aug. 23)
- Previously: More on Kirkland's Q2 (Aug. 23)
Tue, Aug. 23, 12:46 PM
Tue, Aug. 23, 6:55 AM
- Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK) reports comparable-store sales fell 4.3% in Q2.
- E-commerce revenues rose 37% in the quarter.
- Gross margin rate decreased 250 bps to 34.4%.
- Store count +40 Y/Y to 391.
- FY2016 Guidance: Total sales: ~+7% to +8%; Diluted EPS of $0.70 to $0.80; Tax rate: ~38.5%; Capex: $28M to $31M.
Tue, Aug. 23, 6:31 AM
Mon, Aug. 22, 5:30 PM
Tue, May 24, 6:45 AM
- Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK) reports comparable-store sales rose 0.5% in Q1.
- E-commerce revenues increased 28%.
- Gross margin rate dropped 220 bps to 38.1%.
- Operating margin rate decreased 230 bps to 1.2% during the quarter.
- Store count +40 Y/Y to 382.
- FY2016 Guidance: Diluted EPS of $0.98 to $1.11.
- KIRK +2.19% premarket.
Tue, May 24, 6:32 AM
Mon, May 23, 5:30 PM
Fri, Mar. 11, 7:17 AM
- Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK) reports comparable-store sales rose 1.3% in FQ4. Total sales were up 11.4% with an addition of six new stores (net).
- Inventory rose 21% Y/Y to end the quarter at $67.7M.
- The company expects FY16 sales to increase 10% to 15% off a low single-digit comp. EPS of $0.98-$1.11 is anticipated.
- Shares of Kirkland's are down 1.4% YTD.
Fri, Mar. 11, 7:03 AM
- Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK): Q4 EPS of $0.97 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $198.97M (+11.4% Y/Y) beats by $0.32M.
Thu, Mar. 10, 5:30 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 11:46 AM
- There's some nervous trading on stocks associated with consumers spending money on their houses. Today's macroeconomic news and stock market decline are cutting into confidence over consumer spending patterns.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR -7.9%), Mattress Firm (MFRM -3.1%), Tile Shop (TTS -2.9%), Lumber Liquidators (LL -5.8%), Restoration Hardware (RH -3.6%), Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY -2.5%), La-Z-Boy (LZB -3%), Kirkland's (KIRK -2.3%), and Williams-Sonoma (WSM -2.5%) are all lower than broad market averages.
- Lowe's (LOW -1.5%) and Home Depot (HD -1.2%) are showing a milder loss.
Wed, Feb. 10, 9:15 AM
Fri, Feb. 5, 8:08 AM
- Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK) reports comparable-store sales rose 1.3% in Q4. The company ran up against a tough comparable with last year's holiday-period comp came in at +8%.
- "Promotional levels were higher during the quarter, as we had anticipated," noted CEO Mike Madden.
- Kirkland's now expects FY15 EPS of $0.89 to $0.96 vs. $0.88 to $0.95 prior view and $0.89 consensus.
- Full earnings will be released on March 11.
- KIRK +2.36% premarket to $12.14.
Thu, Jan. 21, 10:34 AM
- Stocks tied to consumers pouring money into their houses are ripping gains today. The rally includes home improvement, home building, and home furnishings stocks.
- Gainers include Profire Energy (PFIE +10.1%), Pier 1 Imports (PIR +3.9%), Lumber Liquidators (LL +3.3%), Home Depot (HD +3.9%), Restoration Hardware (RH +2.7%), Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY +1.7%), Haverty Furniture (HVT +1.1%), Beacon Roofing (BECN +2.1%), Lowe's (LOW +2.4%), Kirkland's (KIRK +3%) and Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (SHOS +1.9%).
Thu, Jan. 14, 8:24 AM
- Consumer discretionary stocks on watch today include Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH), La-Z-Boy (NYSE:LZB), Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR), Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK), Select Comfort (NASDAQ:SCSS), and Mattress Firm (NASDAQ:MFRM).
- The home furnishing/home furniture group is typically seen as benefiting from low gas prices and steady employment trends, but were pummeled yesterday with 4% to 5% losses.
- The broad consumer discretionary sector has its worst day since last August with the Consumer Discretionary Select Sector SPDR ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) down 3.37%.
- ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXD, FDIS, RCD, PMR, PEZ, PSCD, BITE.
Kirkland's, Inc. is a retailer of home decor and gifts in the United States. Its stores present a selection of merchandise, including framed art, mirrors, wall decor, candles and related items, lamps, decorative accessories, accent furniture, textiles, garden-related accessories and artificial... More
Industry: Home Furnishing Stores
Country: United States