Tue, May 24, 6:45 AM
- Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK) reports comparable-store sales rose 0.5% in Q1.
- E-commerce revenues increased 28%.
- Gross margin rate dropped 220 bps to 38.1%.
- Operating margin rate decreased 230 bps to 1.2% during the quarter.
- Store count +40 Y/Y to 382.
- FY2016 Guidance: Diluted EPS of $0.98 to $1.11.
- KIRK +2.19% premarket.
Tue, May 24, 6:32 AM
Thu, Feb. 11, 11:46 AM
- There's some nervous trading on stocks associated with consumers spending money on their houses. Today's macroeconomic news and stock market decline are cutting into confidence over consumer spending patterns.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR -7.9%), Mattress Firm (MFRM -3.1%), Tile Shop (TTS -2.9%), Lumber Liquidators (LL -5.8%), Restoration Hardware (RH -3.6%), Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY -2.5%), La-Z-Boy (LZB -3%), Kirkland's (KIRK -2.3%), and Williams-Sonoma (WSM -2.5%) are all lower than broad market averages.
- Lowe's (LOW -1.5%) and Home Depot (HD -1.2%) are showing a milder loss.
Fri, Feb. 5, 8:08 AM
- Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK) reports comparable-store sales rose 1.3% in Q4. The company ran up against a tough comparable with last year's holiday-period comp came in at +8%.
- "Promotional levels were higher during the quarter, as we had anticipated," noted CEO Mike Madden.
- Kirkland's now expects FY15 EPS of $0.89 to $0.96 vs. $0.88 to $0.95 prior view and $0.89 consensus.
- Full earnings will be released on March 11.
- KIRK +2.36% premarket to $12.14.
Nov. 19, 2015, 12:44 PM
Nov. 19, 2015, 10:05 AM
- Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK) is down 29% after missing estimates with Q3 earnings and setting guidance below expectations.
- The company forecasts Q4 revenue of $197M-$200M vs. $201M consensus and EPS of $0.88-$0.95 vs. $1.12 consensus.
- Lower merchandise margins and higher supply chains costs are pinching margins for Kirkland's.
- Promotional activity at Kirkland's is on the rise to help it clear inventory.
- Previously: Kirkland's misses by $0.06, misses on revenue (Nov. 19 2015)
Feb. 5, 2015, 12:48 PM
- Kirkland's (KIRK +7.8%) pops after announcing a management succession plan.
- COO Mike Madden will be promoted to CEO to replace the retiring Robert Alderson and will also join the board.
- The changes go into effect at the end of the week.
- In addition, the company boosted Q4 EPS guidance, moving to a view of $0.84-$0.87 vs. $0.77-$0.84 prior.
Nov. 20, 2014, 3:24 PM
- Home furnishing stocks stocks are in rally mode after Kirkland's (KIRK +22.9%) and Williams-Sonoma (WSM +8.3%) both top expectations.
- The development follows strong reports from Home Depot and Lowe's which also showed strong demand for home products.
- Gainers: Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) +6.4%, Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) +2.0%, Haverty Furniture (NYSE:HVT) +2.5%, Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) +2.0%, Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH) +2.9%.
Nov. 20, 2014, 12:46 PM
Aug. 21, 2014, 8:59 AM
- Shares of Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK) fall sharply in early trading after the company misses profit estimate with its FQ2 report and lowers guidance.
- The company now sees FY15 EPS of $0.87-$0.97 vs. $0.90-$1.00 prior and $0.98 consensus.
- Soft traffic trends continue for the retail chain.
- KIRK -9.4% premarket
Aug. 21, 2014, 7:03 AM
- Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK) reports comparable-store sales increased 3.6% in FQ2.
- Gross margin rate -10 bps to 36.6%.
- Inventory +6.3% to $57.36M.
- Guidance: Total sales growth is seen at a rate of 7% to 8%. EPS is forecast to fall in a range of $0.87-$0.97.
- KIRK +0.1% premarket
Jun. 14, 2012, 10:42 AM
Specialty home furnishing companies are trading higher as they ride the coattails of Pier 1 Imports' strong same-store sales numbers and hiked FY12 guidance. (PIR +5.3%). So far this year, consumers haven't backed off in droves after seeing price increases on home accessories. Gainers: KIRK +4.9%, HVT +3.1%.| Jun. 14, 2012, 10:42 AM
May 18, 2012, 10:17 AM
Shares of Kirkland's (KIRK -14.6%) sink after the company's Q1 earnings report is in-line with the consensus estimates of analysts, but highlights the home decor retailer's woes. A promotional environment in the sector and weak same-store sales are proving to be a major challenge, as the company cuts its full-year EPS forecast to $.87-$0.97 from prior guidance of $1.10-$1.15.| May 18, 2012, 10:17 AM
Aug. 19, 2011, 12:23 PM
Kirkland's (KIRK +6%) stages a stunning turnaround after dropping -11% at the opening on a weak Q2 earnings report. The specialty retailer missed on all levels as sales and margins deteriorated, but the stock has since rallied on the announcement of a $40M share buyback.| Aug. 19, 2011, 12:23 PM | 1 Comment