Despite Its Strong Run-Up In 2013, Krispy Kreme Remains A Solid Stock
Black Coral Research
Black Coral Research
Mon, May 9, 12:50 PM
Mon, May 9, 10:19 AM
- Restaurant stocks start the week off with solid gains after Krispy Kreme (KKD +24.4%) is snapped up JAB Holdings. Sector analyst Howard Penney thinks more go-private deals could be on the way.
- Notable gainers include Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB +4.9%), El Pollo Loco (LOCO +6%), Habit Restaurants (HABT +4.3%), Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (PLKI +2.9%), Chuy's Holdings (CHUY +2.3%), and Ruth's Hospitality Group (RUTH +2.6%).
- The Restaurant ETF (NASDAQ:BITE) is up 2% to top broad market averages. Krispy Kreme is listed as a top three holding at the fund.
Mon, May 9, 9:14 AM
Mon, May 9, 8:29 AM| Mon, May 9, 8:29 AM | 21 Comments
Tue, Apr. 19, 5:39 PM
Tue, Apr. 19, 5:28 PM
- Global Payments (GPN -0.4%) has risen 1.5% after hours on news it's heading into the S&P 500, replacing GameStop (NYSE:GME).
- The game retailer is changing places with Global Payments and heading into the MidCap 400, as Global Payments' market cap will be more reflective of the 500 after its acquisition of Heartland Payment Systems.
- Those moves are effective after the close on Friday. In addition, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (NYSE:KKD) is up 3.9% after hours, replacing Pinnacle Entertainment (NASDAQ:PNK) in the SmallCap 600, as Pinnacle is heading for a spinoff/merger.
- Now read Has A Window Opened To Acquire A Great Acquirer In Global Payments? »
Tue, Mar. 22, 5:41 PM
Tue, Mar. 22, 4:42 PM
- FQ4 domestic same-store sales rose 1.6% vs. expectations for a gain of 2.9%.
- Full-year fiscal 2017 EPS is guided to $0.87-$0.91 vs. $0.80 in 2016, but against consensus of $0.92.
- The buyback program is boosted by $100M, bringing the total authorization to $255M, of which $143.4M remains.
- Conference call at 5 ET
- Previously: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (March 22)
- KKD -4.7%
Mon, Feb. 29, 11:16 AM
- Investors are taking a favorable view of the restaurant sector with 35 out of the 41 stocks in the group in positive territory on a flattish market day.
- Some fresh data on household income is adding to the view that consumers may spend more at restaurants this year (average guest check +2.4% in January). Relatively stable weather in the U.S. during February may help the traffic comparison improve (-3.2% in January).
- Notable gainers include Sonic (SONC +4.8%), Ruth's Hospitality (RUTH +4.3%), Chipotle (CMG +3.2%), Wingstop (WING +2.9%), Bojangles (BOJA +1.9%), Krispy Kreme Dougnuts (KKD +2.2%), and Chuy's Holdings (CHUY +2.4%).
- Previously: Restaurant traffic clipped by weather in January (Feb. 12 2016)
Dec. 9, 2015, 10:31 AM
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD +6.6%) runs higher after delivering a solid comp of 3.4% in Q3. Total sales were up 4.6% to $128.5M.
- The company expects FY16 EPS of $0.78 to $0.80 vs. $0.78 consensus.
- Krispy Kreme has a history of missing estimates which may be factoring into today's rally.
- Previously: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts EPS in-line, misses on revenue (Dec. 08 2015)
Sep. 10, 2015, 12:44 PM
Sep. 10, 2015, 9:11 AM
Sep. 9, 2015, 5:43 PM
Sep. 9, 2015, 5:25 PM
- Krispy Kreme (NYSE:KKD) -16.5% AH after missing FQ2 earnings and revenue expectations and cutting full-year earnings guidance to reflect weaker than expected performance in its consumer packaged goods category.
- KKD says it now expects FY 2016 EPS of $0.76-$0.80, compared with its previous estimate of $0.80-$0.85 and below analyst consensus of $0.85.
- During FQ2, KKD says system-wide domestic same store sales rose 5.5%, including a 2.3% gain at company stores, but international franchise same store sales fell 2.7% excluding currency impacts.
- Overall, system-wide store count rose 18% Y/Y to 1,045 company-owned and franchised shops.
- Also, the KKD board increased current share repurchase authorization during the quarter to $155M from $105M.
Jun. 10, 2015, 4:31 PM
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (NYSE:KKD) reports same-store sales rose 5.2% in FQ1.
- Segment revenue growth: Company Stores +12.8%, Domestic Franchise +6.0% , International Franchise +2.2%, KK Supply Chain +5.3%.
- Store count +17% Y/Y to 1,003.
- Guidance: The company expects full year net income per share of $0.80-$0.85 vs. $0.79-$0.85 prior outlook.
- Previously: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts beats by $0.02, misses on revenue
- KKD +3.79% after hours.
Jun. 10, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (NYSE:KKD): FQ1 EPS of $0.24 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $132.47M (+9.0% Y/Y) misses by $3.52M.
- Shares +2%.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. operates as an retailer and wholesaler of doughnuts, complementary beverages and treats and packaged sweets. It operates through four business segments: Company Stores, Domestic Franchise, International Franchise and KK Supply Chain. The Company Stores segment is... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR