Thu, Sep. 10, 12:44 PM
Thu, Sep. 10, 9:11 AM
Wed, Sep. 9, 5:43 PM
Wed, Sep. 9, 5:25 PM
- Krispy Kreme (NYSE:KKD) -16.5% AH after missing FQ2 earnings and revenue expectations and cutting full-year earnings guidance to reflect weaker than expected performance in its consumer packaged goods category.
- KKD says it now expects FY 2016 EPS of $0.76-$0.80, compared with its previous estimate of $0.80-$0.85 and below analyst consensus of $0.85.
- During FQ2, KKD says system-wide domestic same store sales rose 5.5%, including a 2.3% gain at company stores, but international franchise same store sales fell 2.7% excluding currency impacts.
- Overall, system-wide store count rose 18% Y/Y to 1,045 company-owned and franchised shops.
- Also, the KKD board increased current share repurchase authorization during the quarter to $155M from $105M.
Wed, Jun. 10, 4:31 PM
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (NYSE:KKD) reports same-store sales rose 5.2% in FQ1.
- Segment revenue growth: Company Stores +12.8%, Domestic Franchise +6.0% , International Franchise +2.2%, KK Supply Chain +5.3%.
- Store count +17% Y/Y to 1,003.
- Guidance: The company expects full year net income per share of $0.80-$0.85 vs. $0.79-$0.85 prior outlook.
- Previously: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts beats by $0.02, misses on revenue
- KKD +3.79% after hours.
Wed, Jun. 10, 4:17 PM
Wed, Apr. 29, 1:22 PM
- Restaurants stocks are falling harder than broad market averages with disappointing reports from Buffalo Wild Wings and Panera Bread raising some concerns.
- Increasing labor and commodity costs are seen as a threat to margins across the group.
- Today's GDP report may also be a factor in the sector falling out of favor for the day.
- Decliners include Denny's (DENN -7%), Krispy Kreme Dougnuts (KKD -5.6%), Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB -5.9%), Kona Grill (KONA -6.6%), Texas Roadhouse (TXRH -5.9%), Jack in the Box (JACK -4.6%), Bloomin' Brands (BLMN -4.7%), El Pollo Loco (LOCO -4.6%), and Cracker Barrel (CBRL -4.8%).
- Even momentum-fueled Chipotle (CMG -1.7%) and Habit Restaurants (HABT -1.7%) are peeling off some gains, while Shake Shack (NYSE:SHAK) is proving harder to knock down and is +0.2% on the day.
- Previously: Panera Bread -2% after sluggish earnings print (April 28)
- Previously: Buffalo Wild Wings slumps with chicken wing and labor costs a concern (April 28)
Wed, Mar. 11, 5:36 PM
Wed, Mar. 11, 4:29 PM
- Krispy Kreme (NYSE:KKD) hit double-digit revenue growth amid a store expansion phase.
- Comparable-store sales: Domestic stores +3.6%, international stores -2.6% (ex-currency).
- A stricter stance on promotions helped the company boost operating margins during the quarter.
- Total store count +53 to 709 Q/Q.
- Previously: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts EPS in-line, misses on revenue
- KKD -5.5% after hours.
Tue, Feb. 24, 10:53 AM
- Restaurant stocks are out-performing market averages again as more chains report improved comparable-restaurant sales growth.
- The read on Q1 is that pricing and traffic trends are strong, despite what some broad measures of overall consumer confidence show.
- The $2 gas benefit is believed by analysts to have had a greater impact on restaurant spending than other areas of retail.
- Gainers include Luby's (LUB +4.9%), Cosi (COSI +5.4%), Rave Restaurant Group (RAVE +4.5%), Texas Roadhouse (TXRH +2.4%), Krispy Kreme Dougnuts (KKD +2.8%), Popeyes Louisian Kitchen (PLKI +1.7%), Bob Evans Farms (BOBE +1.1%), Darden Restaurants (DRI +1.4%).
- Even McDonald's (MCD +0.8%), which trailed the Q4 comp average in the sector by a wide margin, is out ahead of the S&P 500.
- Previously: Cracker Barrel +4.1% after traffic accelerates and guidance lifted
Dec. 9, 2014, 5:18 PM
- In spite of its FQ3 miss, Krispy Kreme (NYSE:KKD) is affirming guidance for FY15 (ends Jan. '15) EPS of $0.69-$0.74, in-line with a $0.72 consensus.
- System-wide same-store sales rose 3.7% Y/Y in FQ2, a pickup from FQ2's 2.8%. Company shops +3.3%, domestic franchisees +3.9%, international franchisees -4.1% (-2.9% exc. forex).
- Company store revenue +10.3% to $82.6M; domestic franchise +8.2% to $3.3M; international franchise +10.4% to $6.9M. Direct operating expenses rose 9.4% Y/Y to $101.2M, above revenue growth of 7.6%.
- Store count rose by 41 Q/Q to 925 (104 company-owned). FY15 store development will be "slightly above" prior expectations.
- FQ3 results, PR
Nov. 11, 2014, 5:38 PM
Sep. 9, 2014, 5:36 PM
Aug. 11, 2014, 8:38 AM| Aug. 11, 2014, 8:38 AM | Comment!
Jun. 3, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jun. 3, 2014, 9:25 AM
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc is a branded retailer and wholesaler of doughnuts, complementary beverages and treats and packaged sweets. The Companys shops are operated under the trademark doughnuts such as Krispy Kreme and Original Glazed.
Other News & PR