iShares MSCI USA ESG Select ETFNYSEARCA
Dec. 10, 2014, 1:16 PM
- The iShares MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target ETF (NYSEARCA:CRBN) launched yesterday, less then a month after SSgA’s SPDR MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target ETF (NYSEARCA:LOWC).
- Both funds track the MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target Index, which is designed to overweight companies that have low carbon emissions and is derived from the MSCI All Country World Index.
- According to Barron's Focus on Funds blog post today, "at $72 million, the iShares ETF is already the most successful ETF launch, by assets, since October, according to research firm XTF."
- Other socially responsible investing ETFs: DSI, KLD, TOK, RODI, EQLT
Dec. 1, 2014, 11:02 AM
- The SPDR MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target ETF (NYSEARCA:LOWC) will track an index of companies around the world with relatively slight carbon profiles, which are likely to increase in value over time.
- "The MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target Index is designed to address two dimensions of carbon exposure—carbon emissions and fossil fuel reserves. By overweighting companies with low carbon emissions relative to sales and per dollar of market capitalization, the Index aims to reflect a lower carbon exposure than that of the broad market," as stated in the fund's fact sheet.
- Other social responsibility ETFs: DSI, KLD, TOK, RODI, EQLT
Sep. 12, 2014, 10:42 AM
- The Barclays Return on Disability ETN (NYSEARCA:RODI) tracks a 100-stock index from the Donovan Group which include firms based on how they treat customers and employees with disabilities.
- This is not the first socially responsible fund by Barclays; the Barclays Women In Leadership ETN (NYSEARCA:WIL), which launched in July, invests in companies that have a strong female presence in upper management.
- Other ETFs focused on socially responsible investing: DSI, KLD, TOK, EQLT
Feb. 24, 2014, 12:55 PM
- The Workplace Equality Fund (EQLT) will track an index of 140 global companies that support equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
- This ETF features an expense ratio of 0.75% and its unique index was created by Denver Investment Advisors in November 2013.
- Other socially responsible ETFs: DSI, KLD, EAPS
Mar. 14, 2013, 6:06 PM
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Visit Seeking Alpha's ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: A Guide to Socially Responsible and Faith-Based ETFs
- Asset Class Performance: ETF Strategies