Thu, Apr. 2, 7:46 AM
- CarMax (NYSE:KMX) reports used vehicles sales rose 12.9% to $2.899B in FQ4.
- New vehicle sales fell 7.7% to $45.7M during the quarter.
- Wholesales vehicle sales +17% to $492M.
- Average selling prices: Used +0.5% to $19,297; New -0.7% to $27,101; Wholesale +3.5% to $5,527.
- The company's gross profit rate increased 100 bps to 13.5%.
- CarMax plans for 14 store openings in FY16.
- KMX +2.21% premarket to $69.90.
Thu, Apr. 2, 7:39 AM
Wed, Apr. 1, 5:30 PM
Tue, Mar. 31, 2:54 PM
- Could CarMax (NYSE:KMX) or AutoNation (NYSE:AN) be next? Larry Van Tuyl, chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Automotive (BRK.A, BRK.B), tells CNBC he hopes to purchase more U.S. auto dealerships.
- Berkshire closed on its purchase of Van Tuyl - which has 81 dealerships in 10 states - earlier this month.
- Previously: Berkshire closes on auto dealer purchase (March 10)
Wed, Mar. 4, 8:12 AM| Wed, Mar. 4, 8:12 AM | Comment!
Tue, Feb. 10, 3:16 PM
Dec. 22, 2014, 10:49 AM
- TrueCar projects automobile sales in the U.S will rise 2.6% to 17M next year.
- The research firm forecasts the average transaction price of new vehicles will increase 2.4% to a $32,589.
- TrueCar's models to watch: Ford F-Series, Mazda CX-3, Mercedes-Benz GLA.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:FUJHY, KMX, CRMT, AN, OTCPK:MZDAY, LAD.
Dec. 19, 2014, 3:00 PM
- U.S. automobile sales are forecast to increase 11% in December to an annual selling rate of 16.6M units, according to a fresh forecast from TrueCar.
- The research firm says the industry benefited from lower gas prices and a better month of weather than was seen a year ago.
- For the full year, TrueCar expects total U.S. vehicle revenue to be up 8.3% to close to $1T.
- Transaction prices on new cars are up 1.9% to $31,831 YTD.
- Used vehicle sales are up 3.3% for the year.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:FUJHY, KMX, CRMT, AN, LAD.
Dec. 19, 2014, 9:11 AM
Dec. 19, 2014, 8:04 AM
- CarMax (NYSE:KMX) reports used unit sales in comparable stores increased 7.4% in Q3.
- Wholesales vehicle unit sales improved 10.0% as increased appraisal traffic and the growth of the company's store base.
- Average selling prices: Used vehicles +2.3% to $19,914, New vehicles -1.4% to $27,056, Wholesale vehicles flat at $5,124.
- Gross profit per used vehicle +15.2% to $2,172.
- Gross profit per new vehicle +14.8% to $927
- FY2015 Guidance: Capital expenditure: ~$300M.
- KMX +6.39% premarket.
Dec. 19, 2014, 7:37 AM
Dec. 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 17, 2014, 7:47 AM
Oct. 23, 2014, 10:14 AM
Oct. 10, 2014, 5:36 PM
Oct. 2, 2014, 9:40 AM
- There's more than passing interest in the auto retailer/dealership group over Warren Buffett's acquisition of Van Tuyl Group.
- Analysts have already tapped the sector as ripe for M&A opportunities before Buffett skipped into the fray.
- AutoNation (AN +2.2%), CarMax (KMX +1.5%), Sonic Automotive (SAH +3.5%), Lithia Motors (LAD +7.1%), Penske Automotive (PAG +3.4%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +3.5%), Asbury Automotive (ABG +5.5%), Rush Enterprises (RUSHA) are all higher in early action.
- Related: Strong comps at AutoNation.
Other News & PR