What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Aug. 13, 2014, 1:09 PM
- A fall in used car prices in the U.S. could put some pressure on automakers to offer higher incentives to lure in buyers for new vehicles, according to analysts.
- Truecar.com estimates that new-car incentives will push up 11% to $3K per vehicle in the next two years to counterbalance a drop in used car pricing.
- The long-term forecast for the automobile industry is still favorable with most research firms calling for a return to a pre-recession level of volume.
- Related stocks: AN, KMX, CRMT, GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTC:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM, OTCPK:FUJHY.
Jul. 18, 2014, 2:43 PM
- Buried inside an economic report from the Richmond Federal Reserve this week is an interesting tidbit on the auto industry.
- As part of its scan of the economic horizon for the Beige Book, the bank noted the massive wave of automobile industry recalls has only had a "slight adverse" impact on sales. Customer traffic was still up and new car sales strong on solid pricing.
- The read from Richmond is consistent with recent U.S. sales reports from major automakers, although with a slight disconnect existing between a "sale" and a "delivery" in the industry the confirmation is noteworthy.
- Chaos theory: Some industry analysts think recalls can actually spur sales as safety is teed up as a consumer issue and older cars replaced.
- Related auto stocks: GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, TTM, TSLA, AN, KMX, SONC.
Jun. 26, 2014, 1:34 PM
- There's still plenty of cyclical growth left within the U.S. auto market, argues KeyBanc's Brett Hoselton, starting coverage on CarMax (KMX +2.7%) with a Buy and $62 PT.
- Hoselton predicts CarMax will outperform the industry thanks to high off-lease user car sales, the maturing of recently-opened stores, and 15 planned 2015 store openings.
- Auto auction firm KAR (KAR +1.4%) is also higher.
Jun. 24, 2014, 3:44 PM| Jun. 24, 2014, 3:44 PM
Jun. 20, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 20, 2014, 12:19 PM
Jun. 20, 2014, 9:14 AM
Jun. 20, 2014, 7:48 AM
- CarMax (KMX) reports total vehicles sales rose 9.8% in FQ1.
- Used vehicle sales +13.3% to $3.06B on prices on average 3.2% higher.
- New vehicle sales +33.1% to $69.8M on prices on average 0.1% lower.
- The company's gross profit rate fell 10 bps to 13.4%.
- KMX +10.3% premarket
Jun. 20, 2014, 7:41 AM
- CarMax (KMX): Q1 EPS of $0.76 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $3.75B (+13.3% Y/Y) beats by $160M.
Jun. 19, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 28, 2014, 3:56 PM
Apr. 14, 2014, 11:14 AM
- Knight Transportation (KMX +2.1%) raises its Q1 EPS guidance to $0.22-$0.23 vs. $0.19-$0.21 prior and $0.20 consensus.
- The company says demand is picking up for its capacity.
Apr. 4, 2014, 7:56 AM| Apr. 4, 2014, 7:56 AM | 1 Comment
Apr. 4, 2014, 7:03 AM
- CarMax Group (KMX): Q4 EPS of $0.44 misses by $0.09.
- Revenue of $3.08B (+8.8% Y/Y) misses by $100M.
Apr. 4, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Other News & PR