What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Apr. 1, 2014, 10:50 AM
- Automobile industry stocks are on the rise as the early batch of reports on U.S. sales beat expectations on broad strength.
- Advancers: Lithia Motors (LAD) +2.1%, Asbury Automotive (ABG) +2.3%, Sonic Automotive (SAH) +2.2%, America's Car-Mart (CRMT) +1.4%, CarMax (KMX) +1.5%, AutoNation (AN) +1.5%, Pep Boys (PBY) +2.2%, O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY) +1.7%, Advance Auto Parts (AAP) +0.9%.
Dec. 24, 2013, 8:18 AM
- Reports of extended holiday shutdowns at auto manufacturers were unplanned and likely the result of rising inventory at dealers, says Buckingham Research, which cautions over "near-term pressure" in GM and Ford (F). The team also notes the deceleration in used car sales reported at CarMax (KMX) late last week.
Dec. 20, 2013, 10:18 AM
- Shares of CarMax (KMX -9.1%) sputter after the company's penny miss on the bottom line for FQ3 turned off some investors.
- During the quarter, CarMax saw used vehicle sales rise 15.9% Y/Y and new vehicles sales improve by 9.6%.
- Investors might be paying attention to this eye-opener from the company's PR: "Late in the quarter, however, we began to see tightening of the credit terms offered by our subprime providers."
Dec. 20, 2013, 9:11 AM
Dec. 20, 2013, 7:36 AM
- CarMax (KMX): Q3 EPS of $0.47 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $2.94B (+13% Y/Y) beats by $0.05B. (PR)
Dec. 20, 2013, 12:05 AM
Dec. 19, 2013, 5:30 PM
Nov. 14, 2013, 10:28 AM
- Markel's (MKL) Tom Gayner added five new stocks to the company portfolio in the last quarter, and he likes fertilizers and private equity, buying 150K shares of Mosaic (MOS) and 70K shares of Potash (POT), 100K shares of Apollo Global (APO), 105K shares of Apollo Group (APOL), and 10K shares of Copart (CPRT). In addition to the Apollo Global purchase, he greatly boosted stakes in KKR, Blackstone (BX), and Carlyle Group (CG).
- He completely sold out of positions in Quaterra Resources (QMM) and Union First Market Bankshares (UBSH).
- CarMax (KMX) remains his portfolio's top holding at 8.4%, but Gayner did cut his stake by 1.46%.
Nov. 8, 2013, 7:05 AM
Oct. 22, 2013, 3:21 PM
- Sonic Automotive (SAH -4.8%) plans to use new used-car specialty stores in an apparent attempt to compete with CarMax (KMX -0.9%) head-on.
- A new Sonic store in Denver will be positioned less than 5 miles from the local CarMax.
- During today's earnings conference call, VP Jeff Dyke said that 100 stores would be the tip of the iceberg. (transcript)
Oct. 8, 2013, 6:52 AM
Sep. 25, 2013, 11:00 AM
Sep. 24, 2013, 8:05 AM
- CarMax (KMX) reports total used vehicle unit sales increased 21% and comparable store used units rose 16% during its FQ2.
- SG&A expenses per retail unit fell $174 to $2,067 as the company's scale helped leverage costs.
- 17 new superstores are planned to be opened by CarMax within the next 12 months. (PR)
Sep. 24, 2013, 7:38 AM
- CarMax (KMX): Q2 EPS of $0.62 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $3.25B (+18% Y/Y) beats by $0.09B. (PR)
Sep. 24, 2013, 12:05 AM
Sep. 23, 2013, 5:30 PM
Other News & PR