Wed, Oct. 12, 1:52 PM
- Kirin Holdings (OTCPK:KNBWY, OTC:KNBWF) picks up a 25% stake in Brooklyn Brewery for an undisclosed amount.
- A partnership between the two companies includes the establishment of a joint venture to take Brooklyn Beer's perennials and seasonals overseas next year.
- Kirin says Brooklyn Brewery will continue to operate independently and that no management changes are planned.
- Kirin press release (.pdf)
Wed, Sep. 7, 8:20 AM
- Beer industry heavyweights Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD), Heineken (OTCQX:HEINY), Asahi Group Holdings (OTC:ASBRY), and Kirin Holdings (OTCPK:KNBWY, OTC:KNBWF) are in the group of active bidders for Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp.
- Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp. (known as Sabeco) is the largest beer seller in Vietnam with a 40% market share. The Vietnamese government holds a stake of 89.5% in the company.
- The deal price could end up north of the $2B mark.
Sep. 29, 2015, 11:23 AM
- Kirin Holdings (OTCPK:KNBWY, OTC:KNBWF) says it wants to pursue developing its own craft beer brands in Japan.
- President Yoshinori Isozaki has conceded the beer giant faces a demand problem in its domestic market due to an aging population and falling birth rate. Craft beer sales to a new target demographic is seen as helping to fill the void.
Apr. 10, 2015, 10:15 AM
- Beer consumption in China fell in 2014 for the first time since 1998, according to data from the National Bureau of Statistics in China.
- Volume dropped 1.8% Y/Y to 49.39M kiloliters.
- The drop is partially attributable to a drop in lavish spending and grift from politicians as well as a younger generation not as prone to binge drink as their parents.
- Kirin Holdings (OTCPK:KNBWY, OTC:KNBWF), China Resources Snow Breweries (SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY) J/V), Tsingtao Brewery (OTCPK:TSGTY, OTCPK:TSGTF), Carlsberg (OTCPK:CABGY, OTCPK:CABJF), and Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD) are the beer heavyweights in China.
Feb. 26, 2015, 10:27 AM
- Global beer stocks are getting a lift off of Anheuser-Busch InBev's (BUD +2.3%) Q4 report which showed some pockets of strength.
- The read on pricing for the sector was favorable, say beverage analysts.
- Gainers: Kirin Holdings (OTCPK:KNBWY, OTC:KNBWF) +1.1%, Diageo (NYSE:DEO) +0.5%, Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) +0.8%, SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY) +2.2%, Carlsberg (OTCPK:CABGY) +1.6%, Heineken (OTCQX:HEINY) was up over 2% in Amsterdam trading.
- Previously: Improvement in the U.S. lifts Anheuser-Busch InBev
Jan. 6, 2014, 9:07 AM
- Beer production in Brazil fell 2% last year as consumers struggled to meet some of the higher prices charged by brewers. It was the first time in four years production fell, according to government tracking.
- The region continues to be a disappointment for an industry (BUD, HINKY, ABEV, KNBWY) which has invested heavily on growth with the World Cup and Olympics both upcoming.
Sep. 6, 2013, 8:14 AM
- A strong forecast for beer sales next year in Brazil could give a little lift to the sector.
- Research firm Bernstein thinks the 2014 World Cup in host nation Brazil will help beer sales rise 3% next year in the nation - a rate which would stand out amid a sluggish global beer market.
- Related stocks: Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD), AmBev (ABV), Kirin Holdings (KNBWY.PK) via Schincariol, Heineken (HINKY.PK)
Jun. 12, 2013, 12:17 PMBeer demand in Japan is on the rise, with shipments moving up 3.8% Y/Y in May to buck a trend of global sluggishness in the industry. Kirin Holdings (KNBWY.PK) and Asahi are the major brewers in the region, but the trend is also good for Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD -0.1%) with imports starting to become much more popular in the nation. | Jun. 12, 2013, 12:17 PM
Feb. 14, 2013, 7:39 PM
Japanese stocks dip in early trading as the market awaits the G-20 summit, which could pressure Japan to temper its weak yen policy. The yen lost ground overnight, which in turn helped send the Nikkei Average down 0.6% to 11,243. Currency-sensitive exporters took a hit: TDK (TTDKY.PK -1.5%), Toyota (TM -1.51%), Panasonic (PC -1.8%), Sony (SNE +-3.1%), Kirin Holdings (KNBWY.PK -6.3%), and Trend Micro (TMICY.PK -9.2%).| Feb. 14, 2013, 7:39 PM
Mar. 27, 2012, 7:10 PMJapanese stocks fall sharply in early trading trading, weighed down by late-session U.S. losses overnight. The Nikkei Average is currently down 1.1% to 10,147 with broad-based declines: Mitsui Fudosan (MTSFF.PK -1.9%), Kirin Holdings (KNBWY.PK -1.6%), All Nippon Airways (ALNPF.PK -1.3%). | Mar. 27, 2012, 7:10 PM
Feb. 21, 2012, 8:09 PMJapanese stocks move higher in early trading, with retailers and other domestic plays among the best performers. The Nikkei Average is currently up 0.3% to 9,473: FamilyMart (FYRTY.PK +1.4%), Fast Retailing (FRCOY.PK +0.5%), J. Front Retailing (JRFOF.PK +0.8%), Kirin (KNBWY.PK +0.8%), Dentsu (DNTUY.PK +2.79%). | Feb. 21, 2012, 8:09 PM
Feb. 13, 2012, 8:01 PMJapanese stocks tick lower today as exporters get hit on a strengthening yen in reaction to a Moody's downgrade of some European sovereign debt. The Nikkei Average is currently down 0.1% to 8,986: Sony (SNE -1.3%), Sharp (SCPAY.PK -1.3%), and Kirin (KNBWY.PK -2%). | Feb. 13, 2012, 8:01 PM | 1 Comment
Aug. 8, 2011, 3:28 PM
Aug. 2, 2011, 1:24 PM
Japanese brewer Kirin Holdings (KNBWY.PK) takes a $2.5B stake in Schincariol in the latest move by the firm to grow international sales. The firm looks to cut into Anheuser-Busch Inbev's (BUD -1.9%) whopping 70% beer and soft market share in Brazil by accelerating Schincariol's growth with new technology and product innovations.| Aug. 2, 2011, 1:24 PM
Nov. 9, 2010, 8:10 AMDanone (DANOY.PK) is in early talks to sell its bottled-water business to Japanese suitors, sources say, a move that could bring in as much as $7B and free Danone of its slowest-growing business. Possible buyers include Kirin Holdings (KNBWY.PK), Suntory Holdings, and Asahi Breweries. | Nov. 9, 2010, 8:10 AM
Feb. 8, 2010, 8:34 AM