From other sites
at CNBC.com (Feb 14, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Feb 6, 2014)
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
There are no Transcripts on KNM.
Thu, Apr. 17, 6:58 PM
- While U.S. physical retail video game sales have been slumping for some time (as shown by NPD's data), SuperData estimates U.S. digital gaming revenue rose 9% Y/Y in March to $936M.
- Revenue for subscription titles such as Activision (ATVI +1.2%) cash cow World of Warcraft fell Y/Y, but download and free-to-play revenue rose. Electronic Arts' (EA -0.1%) much-hyped Titanfall delivered the most digital revenue among "boxed" titles.
- SuperData estimates conversion rates (i.e. the ratio of paying users to total users) for social gaming platforms rose to 2.3% from 1.9% six months earlier. But Zynga (ZNGA +4.4%), which had a Q4 conversion rate of 1.7% and only averages $0.13 per DAU (less than its closest rivals), continues to trail.
- Zynga rallied today after officially launching FarmVille 2: Country Escape (first announced in March) in the App Store and Google Play. Morgan Stanley praised the game's monetization potential last week.
- In spite of widespread concerns about slumping Candy Crush Saga (KING -1.3%) usage, SuperData thinks the game is holding up reasonably well for now. It estimates spending rose 1.2% M/M (3 extra days helped), with mobile MAUs rising 0.3% and social (read: Facebook) MAUs falling 2.1%.
- Other game developers: TTWO, GLUU, KNM, SGAMY
Sep. 10, 2013, 9:32 AM
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW +4.7%) has been upgraded to Market Perform by Oppenheimer following its FQ4 results and solid FQ1 guidance.
- Fusion-io (FIO +4%) has been upgraded by Piper, as M&A speculation (I, II) continues to swirl in the wake of Western Digital/Virident.
- Jabil (JBL +2.6%) has been upgraded to Strong Buy by Needham.
- Calix (CALX -2.9%) has been cut to Sell by Goldman.
- Analogic (ALOG +1.5%) has been started at Buy by Benchmark.
- Konami (KNM +4.1%) has been started at Underperform by Jefferies.
KNM vs. ETF Alternatives
Konami Corp develops, publishes, markets and distributes video game software products for stationary consoles & for portable consoles, also for use on personal computers. It also produces gaming machines for casinos & operates Health & Fitness clubs.
Other News & PR