There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
The Uncertainties Behind K+S' Legacy Potash Project
- K+S invests in a new greenfield potash mining operation in Canada – the Legacy Project.
- The project was intended to establish a low cost production outside Europe.
- The capital requirements for the project will increase in the next years.
- Due to declining potash prices, the project will most likely not live up to its expectations.
There are no Transcripts on KPLUY.
Wed, Jan. 15, 3:15 PM
- Uralkali (URALL +9.7%) shares jump the most in four months on speculation that it may raise its prices for Brazil and China.
- Uralkali is signaling that Brazilian buyers will have to pay $350-$360/ton on a cost-and-freight basis for granular potash for March volumes compared to the current $320/ton, J.P. Morgan analysts say.
- Rumors also indicate Uralkali will sign its contract with China for the first half of the season soon at a possible price of $300/ton, which could set a price floor, according to Renaissance Capital.
- Following up sharp gains yesterday, POT +3.4%, MOS +3.2%, AGU +1.4%, ISCHY +2.7%, SQM +6.8%, KPLUY +3.3%, IPI +3% today.
KPLUY vs. ETF Alternatives
The K+S Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of standard and speciality fertilizers. In the salt business, K+S is the world's leading producer with sites in Europe as well as North and South America. K+S offers a comprehensive range of goods and services for agriculture, industry, and... More
Other News & PR