Kite Realty Group TrustNYSE
Mon, Jun. 13, 12:49 PM
- Noting it's not company policy to comment on speculation, WP Glimcher (WPG -7.2%) nevertheless says it's not in talks involving a merger or any other strategic alternative with any third parties.
- The stock shot higher last week on a report the company was in talks about a sale to Kite Realty Group (KRG +4.2%).
Thu, Jun. 9, 7:59 AM
- WP Glimcher (NYSE:WPG) shot higher in late action yesterday on a report its in sale talks with Kite Realty Group (NYSE:KRG). Both are similarly sized, with KRG at a $2.3B market cap, and WPG at $2B.
- Kite is no stranger to acquisitions, having purchased Inland Diversified Real Estate Trust in 2014 for $1.2B. WP Glimcher is the product of Washington Prime Group's $2B purchase of Glimcher Realty Trust last year. Washington Prime was spun out of Simon Property Group in 2014. These guys know how to keep their bankers happy.
Jun. 24, 2014, 11:31 AM
- In a near-unanimous vote, Kite Realty (KRG +0.1%) owners approve a boost in the amount of common shares to 450M from 200M in order to complete the purchase of Inland Diversified Real Estate Trust.
- Inland owners will receive 1.707 of the new Kite shares in exchange for each share of Inland they own.
- The deal is expected to close on or after July 1.
Jun. 19, 2014, 4:43 PM| Jun. 19, 2014, 4:43 PM
Feb. 10, 2014, 7:43 AM
- Kite Realty (KRG) +10.5% premarket on news the operator of community shopping centers agrees to acquire Inland Diversified Real Estate Trust for ~$1.2B in stock.
- KRG says the deal will allow it to enter markets including Westchester, N.Y., Bayonne, N.J., Las Vegas, Virginia Beach and Salt Lake City.
- Q4 earnings