Kronos: Record Sales Volumes Suggest A Big Rebound Soon
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Wed, May. 7, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACET, ADEP, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALNY, AMRS, APEI, AREX, ATHX, AUQ, BCEI, BEBE, BIOS, BPZ, BRKS, CBS, CLNE, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CUTR, DAR, DEPO, DIOD, DMD, DVR, EAC, EBS, ECPG, ED, ELON, ENOC, ENV, EVC, FF, FRT, FUEL, FXEN, GCAP, GRUB, GXP, JAZZ, JCOM, JMBA, KRO, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MNST, MNTX, MTD, NES, NFG, NOG, NUAN, NVDA, OLED, ORA, PAAS, PFMT, PPO, PXLW, QTWO, RPTP, SF, SGMS, SLW, SLXP, SPPI, SSRI, SSTK, SYMC, TNGO, TUES, TUMI, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WIFI, XNPT, ZGNX.
Thu, Mar. 13, 12:10 AM
Wed, Mar. 12, 5:35 PM
Dec. 30, 2013, 3:41 PM
- Kronos Worldwide (KRO +8.1%) is now back in play for a potential takeover bid, and the death of Harold Simmons - whose estate owned most of Contran Corp., which holds a vast majority of KRO stock - may have opened the door, according to Citi credit analyst James Finnerty.
- One company that might make a run at KRO is Tronox (TROX +0.7%) after raising $1.5B from a term loan issued last March, the analyst speculates.
Dec. 30, 2013, 12:23 PM
- A company's shares typically drop when its chairman dies, but Valhi (VHI +2.4%), Kronos Worldwide (KRO +9.3%) and NL Industries (NL +9.5%) all are moving higher after the death of Harold Simmons during the weekend.
- The Texas billionaire was a controversial figure and often battled with federal regulators while running a holding company for companies that dealt in hazardous waste and toxic chemicals.
Nov. 7, 2013, 5:28 PM| Comment!
Nov. 7, 2013, 12:10 AM
- ADES, ADUS, AIRM, AL, ALJ, ANAC, ARAY, AREX, ARNA, ATLS, ATW, AUQ, AVG, BCEI, BEBE, BIO, BNNY, BPZ, CFN, CLNE, CUBE, DAR, DIS, DMD, EAC,EBS, ECPG, ELON, ENOC, EZPW, FEYE, FF, FUEL, FXEN, GERN, GRPN, GXP, HTGC, IL, KRO, KTOS, LCI, LFVN, MCP, MDRX, MITK, MNST, MNTX, MSCC, NES,NFG, NKTR, NOG, NVDA, OCLR, OLED, PCLN, PEGA, PODD, RNDY, SF, SGMS, SLXP, SNTS, SQNM, SWIR, TSRO, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VVC, WIFI, WR, WTR, XNPT, XTEX, YRCW
Nov. 6, 2013, 5:35 PM
- ADES, ADUS, AIRM, AL, ALJ, ANAC, ARAY, AREX, ARNA, ATLS, ATW, AUQ, AVG, BCEI, BEBE, BIO, BNNY, BPZ, CFN, CLNE, CUBE, DAR, DIS, DMD, EAC,EBS, ECPG, ELON, ENOC, EZPW, FEYE, FF, FUEL, FXEN, GERN, GRPN, GXP, HTGC, IL, KRO, KTOS, LCI, LFVN, MCP, MDRX, MITK, MNST, MNTX, MSCC, NES,NFG, NKTR, NOG, NVDA, OCLR, OLED, PCLN, PEGA, PODD, RNDY, SF, SGMS, SLXP, SNTS, SQNM, SWIR, TSRO, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VVC, WIFI, WR, WTR, XNPT,XTEX, YRCW
Aug. 26, 2013, 9:51 AM
- Shares of titanium dioxide producer Kronos (KRO +4.2%) are notably higher in early trading.
- In an article published Sunday, SA contributor Nathan Rapport says "record sales volumes, increased selling prices, and decreased cost of goods" are compelling reasons to be optimistic about the company's near-term outlook.
- As for the longer-term, Rapport thinks KRO's current ratio is "healthy" and says the dividend offers a bit of a downside cushion.
Aug. 7, 2013, 6:37 PM| Comment!
May. 9, 2013, 11:43 AMMore on Kronos Worlwide's (KRO -4.5%) earnings: Net sales fall 17% Y/Y in Q1 due to titanium dioxide prices that were 21% lower than the year earlier period and 7% lower than the previous quarter (a 1% rise in volumes couldn't make up the difference). The titanium dioxide segment loss of $43.6M compares with a profit of $212.9M in Q1 2012 — higher-cost feedstock ore "significantly" increased cost of sales. Management mentions that customers are adhering to just-in-time operational principles resulting in titanium dioxide inventories that are "very low." (PR) | Comment!
May. 8, 2013, 5:47 PM
May. 8, 2013, 12:05 AM
May. 7, 2013, 5:30 PM
Apr. 11, 2013, 5:36 PM
Mar. 14, 2013, 5:17 PM
KRO vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR