Lazard Should Benefit From An Uptick In European M&A
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Thu, Apr. 21, 6:51 AM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
- ADS, ALK, AZZ, BANC, BBT, BHE, BIIB, BK, BX, CFG, CLS, COL, DAN, DGX, DHI, DHR, DOV, DST, ERIC, FAF, FCS, FITB, GM, GMT, HOMB, IMAX, JAKK, JCI, KCG, KEY, LAD, LAZ, LUV, MAN, MDSO, MDWD, NUE, NVR, NVS, PBCT, PHM, PII, POOL, PPG, PVTB, RS, SHW, SILC, SNA, SON, STC, SWK, SYNT, TCB, TRV, UA, UNP, USG, UTEK, VZ
Tue, Feb. 2, 6:52 AM
- Lazard (NYSE:LAZ): Q4 EPS of $0.92 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $598.28M (-7.4% Y/Y) beats by $23.36M.
Mon, Feb. 1, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jan. 14, 8:20 AM
- The fourth quarter looks like it marked the time when credit costs stopped being a tailwind and began becoming a headwind for the banks, says Hedgeye's Josh Steiner, noting a reserve build of $0.03 per share. Loan loss provisions nearly doubled in the quarter as net charge offs jumped $100M sequentially (mostly related to energy).
- Steiner takes note of speedy loan growth - up 10.6% Y/Y and 3.4% sequentially during Q4 - but scratches his head over wisdom of accelerating lending into the end of the credit cycle.
- As for capital markets, M&A was the only strong area, with advisory revenue up 43% to $622M - a good through for shops like Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) and Lazard (NYSE:LAZ). Meanwhile FICC trading revenue fell 3%, equity trading fell 7%, and credit underwriting disappeared. "Flat is the new up in investment bank land," says Steiner's associate Jonathan Casteleyn.
- JPM is higher by 1.95% as the bank gets into its earnings call.
- Previously: JPMorgan higher after earnings beat (Jan. 14)
- Previously: JPMorgan Chase beats by $0.07, beats on revenue (Jan. 14)
Oct. 22, 2015, 7:57 AM
- Q3 adjusted income of $124M or $0.93 per share vs. $89M and $0.67 one year ago.
- Financial advisory revenue of $331M up 14% Y/Y. Strategic advisory revenue of $305M up 18%, driven by a 19% increase in M&A and Other Advisory revenue.
- Asset management operating revenue of $262M slipped 9% Y/Y, with average AUM of $192B down 5%.
- Adjusted GAAP compensation ratio of 55.6% in Q3 and the year's first nine months vs. 58.8% during same periods last year.
- Conference call at 8 ET
- Previously: Lazard beats by $0.03, beats on revenue (Oct. 22)
- LAZ flat premarket
Oct. 22, 2015, 6:54 AM
- Lazard (NYSE:LAZ): Q3 EPS of $0.93 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $594M (+1.9% Y/Y) beats by $4.58M.
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACAT, ACOR, ADS, AEP, ALK, APOL, ASPS, BCC, BEN, BHE, BMS, CAB, CAM, CAT, CBU, CEMP, COR, CRS, CY, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FNB, GMT, GPK, GRA, HBAN, HUB.B, IVC, JNS, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, NDAQ, NUE, NWE, ORI, PCP, PDS, PENN, PH, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SIRI, SJR, SNA, SQNS, STC, SWK, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WAB, WBC, WCC, XRS
Jul. 23, 2015, 7:03 AM
- Lazard (NYSE:LAZ): Q2 EPS of $0.98 beats by $0.21.
- Revenue of $607M (+6.3% Y/Y) beats by $14.46M.
Jul. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABC, ADS, AEP, ALK, AMAG, AOS, ASPS, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CMCSA, CMS, COR, CS, CSL, CY, DAN, DFRG, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FIS, FNB, GM, GMT, GNTX, GPI, GPK, HBAN, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IQNT, IVC, JNS, KKR, KMB, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MAC, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MNRO, MRGE, NDAQ, NEO, NUE, NWE, ORI, PDS, PENN, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SHPG, SNA, SQNS, STC, STM, SYNT, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, VAC, VRX, WAB, WCC, WIT, WM, WRLD, XRS
Apr. 23, 2015, 7:04 AM
- Lazard (NYSE:LAZ): Q1 EPS of $0.77 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $581M (+7.5% Y/Y) beats by $15.93M.
Apr. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABBV, AEP, ALK, ALXN, ASPS, AVT, BAX, BBT, BCC, BEAV, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAM, CAT, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COL, COR, CSL, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DPZ, DST, EQM, EQT, ERIC, FAF, FCX, FNB, GM, GMT, GPK, GRA, HP, HSY, HUB.B, IQNT, IR, IVC, JAH, JCI, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MDP, MDSO, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NUE, NVS, NWE, ORI, PENN, PEP, PG, PHM, PII, PNK, PRLB, PTEN, RS, RTIX, RTN, SFE, SNA, SQNS, STC, SUI, SWK, SXC, SYNT, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WBC, WCC, WNS
Feb. 5, 2015, 12:12 PM
- Q4 adjusted net income of $172M or $1.29 per share was up from $110M and $0.81 a year ago, with Q4 operating revenue of $646M up 4%. Special $1 per share dividend declared, and the buyback is boosted by $150M, bringing the total authorization to $243M.
- Financial Advisory operating revenue of $359M up 14% Y/Y.
- M&A and Other Advisory revenue of $297M up 17% Y/Y.
- Asset Management revenue of $284M down 3% Y/Y.
- AUM of $197B up 5% Y/Y.
- LAZ +5.7%
- Previously: Lazard beats by $0.23, beats on revenue (Feb. 5)
Feb. 5, 2015, 7:11 AM
- Lazard (NYSE:LAZ): Q4 EPS of $1.29 beats by $0.23.
- Revenue of $646M (+4.1% Y/Y) beats by $30.01M.
Feb. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ADS, AINV, AMSC, APO, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BDC, BDX, BLL, BR, CFX, CHTR, CI, CMI, COTY, CSL, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EL, EQM, EQT, ETR, FBP, FIS, GLT, GPI, GPK, GRA, GRUB, ICE, IT, IVC, KORS, LAZ, LIOX, LQDT, MDSO, MMP, MMS, MSCI, NGD, NUS, ODFL, OZM, PBH, PM, PPL, PRGO, PRLB, PTEN, RFP, RSTI, SBH, SIRI, SNA, SNCR, SPH, SQNS, TDC, TE, TEVA, TW, USG, UTEK, VLP, VMC, VSH, XYL
Lazard Ltd. is a preeminent financial advisory and asset management company. The company operates through the following segments: Financial Advisory and Asset Management. The Financial Advisory segment offers corporate, partnership, institutional, government, sovereign and individual clients... More
Industry: Asset Management
Country: United States
Other News & PR