Fri, Oct. 14, 11:58 AM
- Shares of William Hill (OTC:WIMHF, OTCPK:WIMHY) moved 4% higher today in London as investors bet again that the gaming firm will combine with Amaya (AYA -1.8%).
- The two companies are reportedly in "crisis talks" over opposition to their planned merger.
- The U.K. gaming sector is on a track of consolidation as online firms look to partner up with traditional players. Betfair (OTC:BTFRF) and Paddy Power (OTC:PDYPF, OTCPK:PDYPY) merged earlier this year, while Ladbrokes (OTC:LDBKF, OTCPK:LDBKY) and Gala Coral are due to close on their deal later this year. Last year, GVC Holdings (OTC:GMVHF) acquired Bwin.party.
Mon, Sep. 26, 9:50 AM
- The American Gaming Association is hosting the Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas this week.
- Areas of focus during the confab are expected to include e-sports, online gaming opportunities in the U.S., M&A trends, and how the industry can increase millennial traffic to casinos.
- The event has the usual all-star roster of gaming industry speakers, although the highlight may be former NBA Commissioner David Stern's participation on a CEO roundtable set for Thursday that will delve into sports betting.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:EIHDF, OTC:BTFRF, OTCPK:PYGMF, OTCPK:PDYPY, OTC:WIMHF, OTCPK:WIMHY, RRR, CZR, MGM, BYD, OTC:LDBKF, OTCPK:LDBKY, OTCPK:RANKF, DUEL, DDAY, DRAFT, GDEN, NYNY, CHDN, FLL, PENN, SGMS, CNTY, OTCQB:TPCA, LVS, ERI.
- Related ETF: BJK.
Thu, Sep. 22, 11:22 AM
- A major development on the betting scene is raising eyebrows in the global gaming industry. The NBA signed a deal with Sportradar to provide NBA data and video game feeds to gaming operators outside of the U.S.
- Sources indicate the data deal is worth $250M over six years.
- Detailed player tracking could open up new betting sports categories as the industry evolves beyond daily fantasy games.
- Sportradar is a privately-owned company with PE backers and high-profile investors such as Michael Jordan and Mark Cuban on board. Here's the interesting twist: The NFL is also an investor and partner.
- Efforts to legalize sports betting in the U.S. are breaking out in various forms, while in Las Vegas the welcoming mat for the Oakland Raiders and the NFL has been laid out.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:EIHDF, OTC:BTFRF, OTCPK:PYGMF, OTCPK:PDYPY, OTC:WIMHF, OTCPK:WIMHY, RRR, CZR, MGM, BYD, OTC:LDBKF, OTCPK:LDBKY, OTCPK:RANKF, DUEL, DDAY, DRAFT.
- Related ETF: BJK.
Thu, Aug. 4, 9:08 AM
Apr. 15, 2013, 3:25 AM
Betfair (BTFRF.PK) jumps 12% in London after CVC Capital Partners confirms it's in early-stage talks with the company about a bid. "CVC's interest could well prove the catalyst for other interested parties," Peel Hunt says. Keep an eye on William Hill (WIMHF.PK), Ladbrokes (LDBKF.PK), Bwin.party (PYGMF.PK) and 888 Holdings (EIHDF.PK) - mentioned in this recent article by Robert Geoghan on U.K. gambling stocks.| Apr. 15, 2013, 3:25 AM