Legacy Reserves: An Underrated High Yielding E&P
Wed, Jul. 6, 12:29 PM
- Energy MLPs had one of the strongest quarters ever in Q2, with the Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index surging 18.1% in a major recovery since the losses seen early in the year, and the index is now up 8% YTD.
- DA Davidson’s Poe Fratt sees tempered MLP growth “on full display,” and remains positive on crude oil prices through 2017 despite recent weakness, believing that non-OPEC production finally is declining and lower capex has set the stage for better supply demand.
- Fratt’s best current ideas include Enterprise Products Partners (NYSE:EPD), Genesis Energy (NYSE:GEL), Magellan Midstream Partners (NYSE:MMP), and Spectra Energy Partners (NYSE:SEP), all of which he rates Buy.
- But Citi's Faisel Khan says investors should stay cautious given that the group faces tight liquidity and stretched balance sheets; he considers Legacy Reserves (NASDAQ:LGCY), Vanguard Natural Resources (NASDAQ:VNR) and EV Energy Partners (NASDAQ:EVEP) among the higher risk names, and that Atlas Resources Partners (NYSE:ARP) is "running out of options" and could be forced into bankruptcy.
- ETFs: AMLP, AMJ, KYN, TYG, KYE, SRV, CEM, MLPI, NML, FEN, NTG, KMF, MLPA, EMLP, FMO, AMZA, FEI, JMF, SRF, CBA, MLPN, GMZ, MLPX, GER, EMO, TTP, CTR, MLPS
Wed, Jun. 22, 2:01 PM
Fri, May 27, 11:14 AM
- Midwest and Rocky Mountain pipeline operators have lowered the cost of transporting oil after Alberta’s wildfires decreased demand for pipeline capacity and left transporters competing over a dwindling supply, Bloomberg reports.
- This week, several companies reportedly moved to lower tariffs for selected routes in those regions, including Tallgrass Energy Partners (TEP -3.5%), Legacy Reserves (LGCY -2.6%), Suncor Energy (SU -0.2%) and Marathon Oil-owned (MRO -2.5%) Red Butte Pipe Line, starting July 1; TEP reduced rates by ~2% on its Pony Express line heading into Ponca City, Okla., while SU cut the same amount on its system in Wyoming.
- Pipeline rates also have fallen due to a decline in last year’s producer price index, which the FERC takes into account when reviewing transportation costs.
Fri, May 6, 9:11 AM
Thu, May 5, 12:50 PM
Thu, May 5, 9:12 AM
- Gainers: SYNC +143%. LGCY +31%. AAWW +27%. EPE +21%. FCEL +19%. WTW +15%. DNR +14%. ZNGA +14%. CHK +13%. BCEI +12%. UNXL +12%. ARRS +10%. CRC +10%. CLMT +9%. ORIG +9%. QRVO +8%. GSV +8%. HMY +8%. VNR +7%. MEET +7%. SDRL 7%. CLR 6%. SGYP 6%. OAS 5%. REGN 5%. BABA 5%. AUY 5%.
- Losers: PTX -37%. FRSH -27%. SQNM -19%. FIT -13%. EBIO -11%. LB -10%. WFT -9%. SEAS -8%. ABC -8%. CTL -5%.
Wed, May 4, 5:37 PM
Wed, May 4, 4:18 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Tue, May 3, 12:48 PM
Mon, May 2, 12:47 PM
Mon, May 2, 11:11 AM
- Legacy Reserves (LGCY -9.3%) is downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform with a $2 price target at FBR Capital on valuation, noting that the stock has more than tripled over the past three months.
- The firm says LGCY is a prime example of an excessive swing in investor sentiment toward MLPs, which shifted from wholesale energy aversion in January and February to an embrace of oil upside in March and April.
- In FBR's view, the driver for the stock has been exposure to an oil price recovery, and LGCY appears to be ahead of such a recovery.
- Now read Legacy Reserves' cash flow projections
Mon, May 2, 9:13 AM
Fri, Apr. 29, 9:12 AM
- Gainers: PRGN +75%. GNW +16%. P +13%. AMZN +12%. SDRL +11%. EXPE +11%. MNST +11%. ROVI +10%. SNMX +9%. LNKD +7%. CRC +7%. DNR+7%. DRYS +7%. TIVO +6%. LGCY +6%. SHPG +5%. GPL +5%.
- Losers: BIOC -22%. GLNG -17%. EPAY -17%. MOH -15%. SRCL -15%. IMGN -14%. SYNA -11%. AKS -8%. HCLP -8%. ALR -6%. GILD -6%. RXDX -6%.
Wed, Apr. 27, 12:46 PM
Wed, Apr. 27, 9:11 AM
Legacy Reserves LP is a independent oil and natural gas limited partnership company, which focuses on the acquisition and development of oil and natural gas properties primarily located in the Permian Basin, Mid-Continent and Rocky Mountain regions of the United States. Its projects include... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration
Country: United States
Other News & PR