Wall Street Breakfast: Alibaba To Increase IPO Size
There are no Focus articles on LGDDF.
There are no Transcripts on LGDDF.
Yesterday, 2:51 AM
- After six months of being largely cut off from Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), writers published by Hachette Book Group (OTCPK:LGDDF) are planning to appeal directly to Amazon's board over e-book prices, saying the retailer's reputation is at stake.
- Amazon wants to pay Hachette less for e-books, while Hachette authors have seen delivery delays and discount cuts as a result of the dispute,
- The 1,100 Authors United members, a group of Hachette writers and their allies, have until Wednesday to sign the letter, which will then be sent to Amazon’s 10 board members.
Mon, Aug. 11, 2:55 AM
- Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has halted some preorders of Disney (NYSE:DIS) movies, such as Maleficent and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, in what appears to be yet another contract disagreement.
- A similar tactic has been in use on the Hachette Book Group (OTCPK:LGDDF) for the past four months. Amazon has blocked customers' preorders and delayed shipments of the publisher due to a dispute over e-book pricing.
Apr. 16, 2013, 3:54 PMDaimler (DDAIF.PK +3.3%) looks to follow in Lagardere's (LGDDF.PK) footsteps and unload its stake in European Aeronautic (EADSF.PK -4.2%), a company it helped found. Daimler's stake (around 61.1M shares) is valued at €2.28B assuming it gets a similar price to that Lagardere fetched (€37.35) for its shares last week. EADS will repurchase around €600M of the shares. | Comment!
Apr. 9, 2013, 4:16 AM
Nov. 13, 2012, 3:55 PMLagardere (LGDDF.PK) may be looking to sell its 7.41% stake in EADS (EADSY.PK) as soon as 2013, if certain conditions are met. The company hasn't detailed what these conditions are, but Lagardere CEO Arnaud Lagardere has repeatedly said it plans to sell the stake it still owns as part of a strategy to exit from the companies it doesn't control. In the past, the company has said it would be willing to sell when the jet maker's A350 commercial airplane, which is currently in development, was ready. | Comment!
Oct. 14, 2012, 7:17 AMKindle (AMZN) owners could be in line for refunds of $0.30-$1.32 for each e-book they purchased between April 2010 and May 2012 if a court approves a legal settlement with publishers over alleged price fixing. The publishers, News Corp's (NWS) HarperCollins, CBS's (CBS) Simon & Schuster and Lagardere's Hachette, would pay for the refunds. A hearing is due in February. | 6 Comments
Sep. 7, 2012, 4:34 AMDistrict Judge Denise Cote yesterday approved an antitrust settlement in which major publishers - Lagardere's Hachette, CBS's (CBS) Simon & Schuster and News Corp.'s (NWS) HarperCollins - agreed to end alleged price-fixing e-book deals with Apple (AAPL). It's a major win for Amazon (AMZN), while Pearson's (PSO) Penguin, Macmillan and Apple are going to take their chances in a trial. | 5 Comments
We currently have no instablog posts on this stock.
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
LGDDF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR