Thu, Jul. 28, 1:03 PM
Wed, Mar. 9, 12:57 PM
- Lagardere Groupe S.C.A. (OTCPK:LGDDF): FY15 Total profit of €71M
- Revenue of €7.19B (+0.3% Y/Y)
- Proposed ordinary dividend unchanged at €1.30/share
Apr. 13, 2015, 8:29 AM
- Acquisitive Vivendi (OTCPK:VIVHY) is denying reports that it has bid for its smaller rival Largadere (OTCPK:LGDDF), and says it has no plans to do so.
- "There has been no offer for Lagardere by Vivendi and there will not be one," says Vivendi's Simon Gillham. "The Lagardere Group is a good friend of Vivendi and has been for a long time."
- There will be deals; Vivendi sits atop a huge cash pile, and even the activist hedge fund pressing the company to sell Universal Music wants to see smart acquisitions, but the full strategy may not become much clearer before Vivendi's annual meeting Friday.
- While Vivendi is pursuing Orange's Dailymotion, it's also denying interest in Sky TV (OTCQX:SKYAY) or Britain's ITV (OTCPK:ITVPF).
- Vivendi shares are up 0.5% at Euronext Paris.
Nov. 14, 2014, 3:07 AM
- Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has ended its brutal battle with Hachette (OTCPK:LGDDF), reaching an agreement to sell its print books and e-books, after a six month stand-off that battered the French-owned publisher’s sales.
- The new terms give Hachette the ability to set its own prices for e-books, which it sees as critical to its survival.
- The groups also announced that they would resume normal trading immediately and that Hachette titles would be "prominently featured in promotions" on Amazon.
Oct. 3, 2014, 4:07 AM
- Marking the climax of an eight-year investigation, seven current and former managers at Airbus (OTCPK:EADSY), and previous shareholders Lagardere (OTCPK:LGDDF) and Daimler (OTCPK:DDAIF), will stand trial in a French court today over insider trading claims when they sold shares in what was then EADS in 2006.
- Prosecutors are expected to argue that the execs and shareholders knew the full extent of industrial problems on the A380 and the likelihood of a costly redesign of the A350 when they sold their shares.
- The announcement of worsening delays on the A380 and a large profit warning wiped 26% from the EADS stock price on June 13, 2006, erasing €5.5B ($6.96B) of market value.
- OTCPK:EADSY -0.3% AH
Sep. 15, 2014, 2:51 AM
- After six months of being largely cut off from Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), writers published by Hachette Book Group (OTCPK:LGDDF) are planning to appeal directly to Amazon's board over e-book prices, saying the retailer's reputation is at stake.
- Amazon wants to pay Hachette less for e-books, while Hachette authors have seen delivery delays and discount cuts as a result of the dispute,
- The 1,100 Authors United members, a group of Hachette writers and their allies, have until Wednesday to sign the letter, which will then be sent to Amazon’s 10 board members.
Aug. 11, 2014, 2:55 AM
- Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has halted some preorders of Disney (NYSE:DIS) movies, such as Maleficent and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, in what appears to be yet another contract disagreement.
- A similar tactic has been in use on the Hachette Book Group (OTCPK:LGDDF) for the past four months. Amazon has blocked customers' preorders and delayed shipments of the publisher due to a dispute over e-book pricing.
Apr. 16, 2013, 3:54 PM
Daimler (DDAIF.PK +3.3%) looks to follow in Lagardere's (LGDDF.PK) footsteps and unload its stake in European Aeronautic (EADSF.PK -4.2%), a company it helped found. Daimler's stake (around 61.1M shares) is valued at €2.28B assuming it gets a similar price to that Lagardere fetched (€37.35) for its shares last week. EADS will repurchase around €600M of the shares.| Apr. 16, 2013, 3:54 PM
Apr. 9, 2013, 4:16 AM
French media company Lagardere (LGDDF.PK) has sold its 7% stake in aerospace and defense firm EADS (EADSF.PK) in a private placement for €2.28B, or €37.43 a share. EADS placed an order of €500M in the transaction, which is part of a wider revamp of the company's ownership structure. (PR)| Apr. 9, 2013, 4:16 AM
Nov. 13, 2012, 3:55 PMLagardere (LGDDF.PK) may be looking to sell its 7.41% stake in EADS (EADSY.PK) as soon as 2013, if certain conditions are met. The company hasn't detailed what these conditions are, but Lagardere CEO Arnaud Lagardere has repeatedly said it plans to sell the stake it still owns as part of a strategy to exit from the companies it doesn't control. In the past, the company has said it would be willing to sell when the jet maker's A350 commercial airplane, which is currently in development, was ready. | Nov. 13, 2012, 3:55 PM
Oct. 14, 2012, 7:17 AM
Kindle (AMZN) owners could be in line for refunds of $0.30-$1.32 for each e-book they purchased between April 2010 and May 2012 if a court approves a legal settlement with publishers over alleged price fixing. The publishers, News Corp's (NWS) HarperCollins, CBS's (CBS) Simon & Schuster and Lagardere's Hachette, would pay for the refunds. A hearing is due in February.| Oct. 14, 2012, 7:17 AM | 6 Comments
Sep. 7, 2012, 4:34 AM
District Judge Denise Cote yesterday approved an antitrust settlement in which major publishers - Lagardere's Hachette, CBS's (CBS) Simon & Schuster and News Corp.'s (NWS) HarperCollins - agreed to end alleged price-fixing e-book deals with Apple (AAPL). It's a major win for Amazon (AMZN), while Pearson's (PSO) Penguin, Macmillan and Apple are going to take their chances in a trial.| Sep. 7, 2012, 4:34 AM | 5 Comments