Thu, Aug. 4, 8:01 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Wed, May 4, 10:37 AM
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND -0.1%) Q1 results: Revenues: $29.6M (+102.7%); R&D Expense: $4M (+17.6%); SG&A: $6.8M (+13.3%); Operating Income: $15.1M (+357.6%); Net Income: $5.9M; EPS: $0.26 (+550.0%); Non-GAAP EPS: $0.97 (+193.9%); Quick Assets: $113.2M (-43.5%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenues: $115M - 119M; Adjusted EPS: $3.41 - 3.46.
- 2017 Guidance: Revenues: >$160M; Adjusted EPS: >$5.03.
Wed, May 4, 7:09 AM
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:LGND) purchases the economic rights to multiple programs from privately-held CorMatrix for $17.5M. The deal includes synthetic royalties from sales of CorMatrix's currently marketed portfolio of vascular, cardiac and pericardial tissue repair products as well as its CanGaroo ECM Envelope for cardiac implantable electronic devices. Ligand also has the potential to earn mid-single digit royalties from CorMatrix's development-stage Micronized ECM product and replacement valve products.
- CorMatrix's offerings, designed to permit the development and regrowth of human tissue, enables Ligand to enter into the medical device space.
- The transaction will be immediately accretive, adding $1M in revenue this year and ~$0.04 to non-GAAP EPS. Ligand will not incur any expenses to develop or commercialize the products. The amounts Ligand will record as revenue will reflect deductions for deal amortization as an offset.
Wed, May 4, 6:04 AM
Tue, May 3, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ASC, ATRO, AVA, AYR, BDC, BUD, CDW, CHH, CLH, CPK, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CSTE, D, DLPH, DNOW, ECYT, EE, ENR, FUN, GEL, GNRC, GTE, HAIN, HE, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTWR, HYH, ICE, INXN, IONS, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LGND, MEMP, MFA, MMP, MOS, MPW, MTOR, NBL, NGS, NJR, NRZ, NVMI, NXTM, OMF, ONCE, ORBK, PCG, PCLN, RDC, RDS.A, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SERV, SHOP, SMP, SPAR, SR, SRE, SSTK, STRA, TGH, TGI, TMHC, TREE, TWX, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, WIX, ZTS
Sun, Apr. 24, 6:13 PM
- via Credit Suisse, in order of # of small-cap funds who own the stock. Following the stock is the number of funds who own it, and the change vs. previous quarter:
- IDTI - Integrated Device Tech 96 | 14
- MSCC - Microsemi 86 | 10
- MANH - Manhattan Associates 85 | 5
- CBM - Cambrex 80 | 4
- EEFT - Euronet Worldwide 80 | 8
- POR - Portland General Electric 79 | 0
- EME - Emcore 78 | 6
- LAD - Lithia Motors 78 | 6
- AMSG - Amsurg 78 | 0
- JCOM - J2 Global 77 | 4
- PFPT - Proofpoint 77 | 4
- AHS - AMN Healthcare 74 | 2
- EXPR - Express Inc. 74 | 3
- ICUI - ICU Medical 73 | 0
- LGND - Ligand Pharma 73 | 6
- PVTB - Privatebancorp 73 | -2
- PRXL - Parexel 72 | 5
- AEL - Americal Equity Investment Life 71 | 3
- TYL - Tyler Technologies 71 | 7
- CRZO - Carrizo Oil & Gas 69 | 3
- MENT - Mentor Graphics 69 | -9
- MNRO - Monro Muffler Brake 68 | 0
- WAL - Western Alliance Bancorp 68 | 8
- AEO - American Eagle Outfitters 67 | 0
- LOGM - Logmein 67 | -1
- OZRK - Bank of the Ozarks 67 | 5
- SHOO - Steven Madden 67 | -10
- STE - Steris 67 | 20
- WNC - Wabash National 67 | -1
- Credit Suisse recommends reducing exposure in small-cap "darlings" due to less opportunity for differentiation; historical underperformance; and outflows.
Wed, Apr. 20, 7:42 AM
- Micro cap Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SPPI) is up 6% premarket, albeit on only 388 shares, in response to its announcement that the FDA has granted seven years of market exclusivity, as provided under Orphan Drug status, for EVOMELA (melphalan) for use as a high-dose conditioning treatment prior to hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma patients. The product was approved last month.
- The company acquired the global rights to the product from Ligand Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:LGND) in March 2013. The estimated market opportunity in the U.S. is ~$100M.
- Previously: FDA clears Spectrum's Evomela (March 15)
Fri, Mar. 4, 9:00 AM
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN) initiated with Neutral rating and $450 (12% upside) price target by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- GW Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GWPH) initiated with Sell rating and implied price target of $30 (22% downside risk) price target by Numis Securities.
- Ardelyx (NASDAQ:ARDX) initiated with Buy rating and $15 (50% upside) price target by Citigroup.
- Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB) initiated with Buy rating and $41 (52% upside) price target by Guggenheim Securities.
- Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:SGEN) initiated with Neutral rating and $34 (6% upside) price target by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:LGND) initiated with Buy rating and $146 (49% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Agios Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AGIO) initiated with Neutral rating and $43 (0% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- Infinity Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:INFI) initiated with Outperform rating and $15 (127% upside) price target by FBR Capital.
- Trevena (NASDAQ:TRVN) initiated with Buy rating and $18 (104% upside) price target by WallachBeth.
- Bruker (NASDAQ:BRKR) initiated with Overweight rating and $30 (7% upside) price target by Barclays.
- Bluebird bio (NASDAQ:BLUE) initiated with Buy rating and $72 (33% upside) price target by BTIG Research.
- Aimmune Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AIMT) initiated with Outperform rating and $42 (135% upside) price target by Wedbush.
- Juniper Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:JNP) initiated with Buy rating and $18 (137% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Celldex Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CLDX) initiated with Buy rating and $25 (203% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
Wed, Feb. 10, 4:05 PM
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:LGND): Q4 EPS of $0.66 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $21.2M (-7.8% Y/Y) misses by $3.77M.
Tue, Feb. 9, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AEM, AFFX, ANDE, APDN, BGC, BRKR, CDE, CGNX, CLW, CNO, CSCO, CSOD, CTL, CUZ, CXW, CYS, EFX, ENSG, EXPE, FLO, FMC, FNF, FORR, GHDX, GPRE, HDP, HNI, HUBS, IFF, IO, IRBT, JCOM, KGC, LGND, LOCK, LPSN, MOSY, MYL, NSIT, O, OHI, OII, ORLY, PPC, PRI, PRU, PXD, QUIK, REG, RYN, SB, SCI, SKX, TCO, TSLA, TTGT, TWTR, VNDA, WFM, ZNGA
Wed, Jan. 13, 10:13 AM
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND -1%) enters into a global license agreement with Emergent BioSolutions (EBS -0.9%) under which Emergent will use Ligand's OmniRat, OmniMouse and OmniFlic technologies to discover fully human mono- and bispecific antibodies.
- Under the terms of the deal, Ligand will receive annual access payments, patent filing fees, milestones and sales-based royalties. Specific financial terms are not disclosed.
Dec. 31, 2015, 8:50 AM
- In a regulatory filing, Ligand Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:LGND) reports that it entered into an agreement with Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD) on December 22 to supply Captisol to the company for use in a program directed against Ebola virus disease. Other programs may be added later.
- Captisol is a chemically modified cyclodextrin (sugar molecule) that optimizes the solubility and stability of drugs.
Dec. 17, 2015, 4:20 PM
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:LGND) acquires Palo Alto, CA-based OMT for $178M in cash and stock. Under the terms of the deal, Ligand will pay $92.6M in cash and $85.4M in Ligand common stock.
- OMT is an antibody drug discovery company that offers three transgenic animal platforms for license: OmniRat, OmniMouse and OmniFlic.
- OMT is expected to add $6M to Ligand's top line in 2016 and $12M the year after.
- Ligand's updated 2016 guidance, including OMT, is revenues of $113M - 117M, cash operating expenses of $26M - 28M and non-GAAP EPS of $3.33 - 3.38.
- In 2017, Ligand projects revenues of at least $158M and non-GAAP EPS of more than $4.95.
- Ligand will host a conference call at 4:30 pm ET today to discuss the deal.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:26 PM
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:LGND): Q3 EPS of $0.56 beats by $0.14.
- Revenue of $17.7M (+18.2% Y/Y) misses by $0.1M.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AEGR, AMBC, APEI, APPS, APU, ASEI, ATW, BDE, BEAT, CALL, CARA, CHMI, CKEC, CZR, DEPO, DTSI, EGY, ENV, FF, GALE, HALO, HMIN, IFF, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, JMBA, KEYW, LEAF, LF, LGF, LGND, MDR, MODN, NOR, NSPH, OMER, OPK, PDM, PFIE, PINC, PSIX, PTCT, PTLA, PVA, QNST, RARE, RAX, RBCN, REN, REXX, RLD, RMTI, SB, SBRA, SCLN, SUNE, TERP, TPC, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, TXTR, UGI, VSAT, WWD, XON, XONE, ZGNX
Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with a business model that is based upon the concept of developing or acquiring royalty revenue generating assets and coupling them to a lean corporate cost structure. Its products address the unmet medical needs of patients for a broad... More
Country: United States