Laboratory Corporation of America HoldingsNYSE
Fri, Nov. 18, 8:28 AM
- Seventh Sense Biosystems receives a $10M funding round from a group of investors that includes Novartis (NYSE:NVS) and LabCorp (NYSE:LH). The Medford-MA-based firm is developing a disposable blood collection device called Touch Activated Phlebotomy which used microscopic needles to collect a fingerstick-sized blood sample.
- Controversial diagnostic start-up Theranos tried to develop a similar product before crashing amid investigations and failed operations.
Wed, Oct. 26, 8:12 AM
- Laboratory Corporation of America (NYSE:LH) Q3 results ($M): Total Revenues: 2,372.7 (+4.5%); Diagnostics: 1,671.8 (+4.4%); Covance: 701.1 (+4.8%).
- Net Income: 179.5 (+16.0%); EPS: 1.71 (+14.0%); Non-GAAP EPS: 2.25 (+8.7%); CF Ops: 249.9 (-13.2%).
- 2016 Guidance: Total Revenue Growth: 10.0 - 11.0% from 9.5 - 10.5%; Diagnostics Revenue Growth: 5.0 - 6.0% from 4.5 - 5.5%; Covance Revenue Growth: 7.5 - 9.0% from 7.0 - 9.0%; Non-GAAP EPS: $8.70 - 8.90 from $8.60 - 8.95; FCF: $840M - 880M from $900M - 950M.
Wed, Oct. 26, 6:56 AM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:30 PM
- AB, AGCO, AIT, ALLY, AOS, AVX, AVY, BA, BCO, BEN, BIIB, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CG, CMCSA, DTE, ENTG, EVR, EXAS, FDML, FLIR, GD, GNRC, GRA, GRMN, GRUB, HBAN, HES, HLT, IR, KO, LEA, LH, LRN, LUV, MDCO, MDLZ, MKTX, MMYT, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PAG, PB, POL, RES, ROL, SAIA, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SONS, SPG, STRA, STT, UCBI, VG, VLY, VNTV, WEC, WM, WOOF, WYN
Tue, Sep. 20, 9:04 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 9:04 AM
- LabCorp (NYSE:LH) Q2 results ($M): Total Revenues: 2,430.7 (+7.1%); Diagnostics: 1,659.7 (+5.4%); Covance Drug Development: 722.4 (+12.2%).
- Net Income: 198.5 (+16.7%); EPS: 1.91 (+15.1%); Non-GAAP EPS: 2.31 (+10.5%); CF Ops: 343.6 (-13.4%).
- 2016 Guidance: Net Revenue Growth: 9.5 - 10.5% from 8.5 - 10.5%; Non-GAAP EPS: $8.60 - 8.95 from $8.55 - 8.95; FCF: $900M - 950M (unch).
Wed, Jul. 27, 7:47 AM
- LabCorp (NYSE:LH) announces its intent to acquire Sequenom (NASDAQ:SQNM) for $2.40 in cash or $302M. Including net debt, the total value of the deal is ~$371M. The transaction should close by year end.
- Sequenom provides genetic testing services via its CLIA-certified molecular diagnostics laboratory. Its core offerings are focused on maternal fetal medicine.
- SQNM is up 183% premarket on robust volume.
Wed, Jul. 27, 6:58 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:30 PM
- ANGI, ANTM, ARMH, AUO, AVX, BA, BAH, BOKF, CFR, CG, CMCSA, CRCM, CRI, DCIX, DHX, DPS, DX, DXYN, ENTG, ETM, EVR, FCAU, FCF, FDML, FLIR, FSV, GCI, GD, GIB, GIL, GLW, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, HUN, I, IMS, IR, KO, LH, LL, LVLT, MDCO, MDLZ, MHO, MMYT, MO, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PB, POL, Q, R, RES, ROK, ROL, RTIX, SALT, SEIC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SNAK, SO, SONS, SPG, STM, STRA, STT, SUP, SVU, TMUS, TPH, TYPE, UCBI, UFS, UMC, VLY, WCIC, WEC, WEX, WIX, WM, WOOF, WYN
Wed, Jul. 20, 7:42 AM
- Transgenomic (NASDAQ:TBIO) inks a deal with LabCorp (NYSE:LH) for TBIO's DNA test for Long QT syndrome, a congenital heart rhythm disorder associated with potentially life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias. Genetic testing can help identify people at risk for the disorder so doctors can institute appropriate therapy.
- Financial details of the non-exclusive agreement are not disclosed.
Fri, Jul. 15, 10:10 AM
- Wells Fargo ticks off 20 S&P 500 stocks with the most upside potential vs. consensus, and the 20 with the most downside risk vs. consensus.
- The list is compiled by comparing the midpoint of Wells Fargo Securities valuation ranges to consensus fair value estimates, volatility adjusting the percentage difference, and ranking the resulting score.
- Upside: AEE, BEN, CCL, DVA, EIX, ES, EXC, FTR, HUM, INTC, JNJ, LNT, PEG, PNW, SCG, T, WEC, WU, XEL, XOM.
- Downside: ANTM, C, CI, COF, EQT, FOXA, FSLR, GS, KIM, LH, MON, MSI, MYL, NVDA, NWSA, SLG, TIF, TSO, UA, WLTW.
Sun, Jul. 3, 2:50 PM
- via Barclays:
- "Although stocks in the U.S. and Europe have partially bounced back from the sharp selloff sparked by the U.K. referendum result, risks remain prevalent. [Analyst] Keith Parker foresees further equity downside alongside a prolonged market bottoming process, during which positioning is likely to turn much more defensive at active managers.
- "With this in mind, our stock screen this week highlights Overweight-rated stocks that screen defensively based on sector and equity beta but are also expected to generate superior ROE and free cash flows in FY1.
- "Our screen considers the following factors: i) Large-cap (US $5 billion+) stock in the consumer staples, utilities, telecom or healthcare sectors. ii) Adjusted beta less than 1.0. iii) Rated Overweight by Barclays equity research. iv) 15%+ ROE and 4.5%+ FCF yield expected in FY1, based on Barclays estimates."
- The stocks: Aetna (NYSE:AET), BT Group plc (NYSE:BT), Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH), Coloplast (OTC:CLPBF, OTCPK:CLPBY), CVS (NYSE:CVS), Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL), Express Scripts (NASDAQ:ESRX), Glanbia (OTC:GLAPF, OTCPK:GLAPY), Grifols (NASDAQ:GRFS), Imperial Brands (OTCQX:IMBBY, OTCQX:ITYBF), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY, OTCQX:AHODF, OTCQX:AHOND), LabCorp (NYSE:LH), Perrigo (NYSE:PRGO), Telus (NYSE:TU), Unilever (UL, UN), UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH)
- See full table here.
Mon, Jun. 27, 11:16 AM
- The outperformance of low-P/E stocks that marked H1 is behind us, says RBC's Jonathan Golub, and it's time for the "Stable Growers" to re-asset leadership. He cautions about putting money to work too quickly though, noting the pullback so far has been limited.
- His list of Stable Growers (page 1, page 2): CHD, CL, CVS, K, MO, PEP, PG, PM, BCR, BDX, DGX, DVA, HSIC, JNJ, LH, MDT, SYK, TMO, UNH, ZBH, AFL, AON, MMC, TMK, CTAS, DHR, HON, ITW, LMT, MMM, NLSN, RSG, RTN, UPS, VRSK, WM, XYL, CMCSA, MCD, OMC, ADP, APH, EMC, MA, T, VZ, ECL, PX
Mon, May 9, 9:56 AM
- Laboratory Corporation of America (LH +0.9%) launches Epi proColon, the first FDA-approved DNA-based blood test for colorectal cancer (CRC) screening. The product was developed by Epigenomics AG (OTCQX:EPGNF)(OTCQX:EPGNY) and is available under a joint commercialization agreement with Polymedco in North America.
- Epi proColon detects a DNA methylation biomarker for CRC called Septin9 in cell-free DNA circulating in the blood. The FDA approved it on April 13.
- CRC screening-related tickers: (EXAS +3.7%)(VNRX +0.3%)(TBIO +9.6%)(SQNM +1.8%)(BIOC +2.8%)(OTCQX:RHHBY +2.2%)(CHEK +20.8%)(TROV +0.6%)
Wed, May 4, 12:32 PM
Mon, Apr. 25, 7:28 AM
- Laboratory Corporation of America (LH) Q1 results: Revenues: $2,295.2M (+29.5%); SG&A: $411.9M (-6.9%); Operating Income: $301.9M (+128.0%); Net Income: $160.2M (+999%); EPS: $1.55 (+999%); Non-GAAP EPS: $2.02 (+14.8%); Quick Assets: $696.3M (-2.8%).
- 2016 Guidance: Net revenue growth of 8.5% to 10.5% from 7.5% to 9.5% over 2015 net revenue of $8.51B; Net revenue growth in LabCorp Diagnostics of 4.0% to 5.5% from 3.5% to 5.5% over 2015 pro forma revenue of $6.21B; Net revenue growth in Covance Drug Development of 6.0% to 9.0% from 2% to 5% over 2015 proforma revenue of $2.63B; Adjusted EPS: $8.55 - 8.95 from $8.45 - 8.85; FCF: $900M - 950M (unch).