LaSalle Hotel PropertiesNYSE
Wed, Oct. 19, 4:19 PM
Tue, Oct. 18, 5:35 PM
Thu, Sep. 15, 8:05 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 10:06 AM
- FelCor Lodging (FCH -2.9%) missed estimates and cut full-year guidance, noting softness in corporate travel for the rest of the year. Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB -5.7%) posted an earnings beat, but wasn't optimistic about the rest of the year. The company cut RevPAR growth guidance for both itself, and the industry.
- SunStone Hotel (SHO -1.5%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -3.4%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -1.4%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -1.5%), Host Hotels (HST -2.9%), Hersha Hospitality (HT -1.6%), DiamondRock Hospitality (DRH -1.2%).
Wed, Jul. 20, 4:29 PM
- Q2 adjusted FFO of $107M or $0.95 per share vs. $102.6M and $0.91 one year ago.
- RevPAR of $223.13 up 1.7% Y/Y. Adjusted EBITDA of $130.5M up 4.2%. Hotel EBITDA margin of 38.6% up 31 basis points.
- Earnings call tomorrow at 11 ET
- Previously: LaSalle Hotel Properties FFO in-line, beats on revenue (July 20)
- LHO flat after hours
Wed, Jul. 20, 4:21 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:35 PM
Mon, Jun. 27, 3:20 PM
- There's plenty of green in the REIT space today, with the IYR off just 0.25% (vs. the S&P 500's 2% decline). Helping is the continuing plunge in interest rates, with the 10-year yield at 1.46% within seven basis points of an all-time low.
- Among the gainers are Realty Income (O +1.7%), National Retail Properties (NNN +1%), Senior Housing (SNH +2.2%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +0.9%), AvalonBay (AVB +1.1%), Kimco (KIM +1.3%), Tanger Factory (SKT +1.9%), and Public Storage (PSA +3.8%).
- Lodging REITs, however, are dependent on a steady stream of overseas tourist money, and the dollar's continued surge vs. everything not named the yen promises to crimp foreign visits. Ashford (AHT -6.6%), Sunstone (SHO -4.8%), LaSalle (LHO -4.1%), Pebblebrook (PEB -4.2%), Chesapeake (CHSP -3.3%), Host (HT -6.7%), DiamondRock (DRH -4.8%), Apple (APLE -2.9%), FelCor (FCH -5.4%).
Fri, Jun. 24, 10:30 AM
- A sharp drop in long-term rates and vanquished expectations for even one rate hike this year has income players bidding up the prices of utility stocks (XLU +0.7%) and certain REITs even as the major average fall more than 2% post-Brexit.
- A check of Fed Funds futures finds traders not fully pricing in a 25 basis point rate hike until 2018!
- The mortgage REIT sector (REM +0.5%) welcomes the news, with players like Annaly (NLY +1.7%), American Capital Agency (AGNC +1.1%), Two Harbors (TWO +1.7%), and Chimera (CIM +1.3%) leading the way. Western Asset Mortgage (WMC -0.8%) is a laggard after slashing its dividend by more than 30% last night.
- Equity REITs are decidedly mixed. Retail names like Realty Income (O +2.4%), National Retail (NNN +2%), and Vereit (VER +0.9%) are higher, as are healthcare players like HCP (HCP +1.2%) and Medical Properties Trust (MPW +0.1). Apartment REITs are mostly lower, as are mall operators like Simon Property (SPG -0.8%) and General Growth (GGP -0.7%).
- The dollar is surging post-Brexit, however, and that's taking a chunk out of the hotel REITs: Hospitality Properties (HPT -1.5%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO -2.7%), LaSalle (LHO -3.8%), Pebblebrook (PEB -2.4%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -2.5%).
- ETFs: XLU, UTG, IDU, VPU, GUT, BUI, FUTY, RYU, UPW, FXU, PUI, SDP, PSCU, FUGAX, UTLF, JHMU, VNQ, IYR, DRN, RQI, URE, SCHH, ICF, RWR, SRS, RNP, RFI
Wed, Jun. 15, 10:01 AM
- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors last week passed a bill requiring home-sharing services like Airbnb (Private:AIRB) to remove listings of units that have not been registered with the San Francisco Office of Short-Term Rentals.
- The team at Canaccord expects a near-term reduction of Airbnb listings of 80%, and nearly 50% on a stabilized basis. This should be a "marginal tailwind," and help San Francisco relative to other major hotel markets in coming months. Other cities are likely to follow suit.
- Buy rated stocks remain: Apple Hospitality (APLE +0.6%), DiamondRock (DRH +2%), Summit Hotel (INN +0.6%), Marriott (MAR +0.9%), and RLJ Lodging (RLJ +1.6%).
- Meanwhile, the lodging sector as a whole has its tail in the air as not only this news, but Airbnb's agreement to begin collecting occupancy tax in Pennsylvania filters through.
- Ashford (AHP +1.6%), (AHT +1.2%), Starwood (HOT +0.8%), Hospitality Properties (HPT +0.8%), Host Hotels (HST +1.5%), LaSalle (LHO +2.2%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO +1.1%), Pebblebrook (PEB +2.2%), Chesapeake (CHSP +1.3%), Chatham (CLDT +1.2%), Hersha (HT +1.4%)
Wed, Jun. 15, 8:42 AM
Thu, Jun. 9, 11:52 AM
- The team hosted meetings with 29 companies over two days across six subsectors. Some highlights:
- Lodging: Business travel remains soft and most are operating defensively by grouping up and reducing leverage. NYC is flooded with hotels available for sale which should pressure pricing.
- Apartments: The slowdown in NoCal is concentrated in Soma and San Jose, but expected to be temporary. The NYC slowdown is expected to endure through 2017. Merchant builders in Houston with deliveries in 2017 are in trouble - an opportunity for Camden Property Trust (NYSE:CPT) to pick up assets on the cheap.
- Malls: Concerns over department stores are overblown. Simon Property (NYSE:SPG) expects spreads to top mid-teens in the next five years. Omni-channel retail strategy is growing increasingly important as the WSJ reports 80% of online sales touch brick and mortar in some way.
- CS's Ian Weissman is ranked #1,134 out of #3,990 analysts on TipRanks.com.
- Tickers of interest: HPT, SHO, LHO, PEB, CHSP, INN, RLJ, EQR, AVB, ESS, PPS, UDR, AIV, GGP, BRX, KIM, WRI, MAC
Thu, May 19, 9:58 AM
- RLJ Lodging Trust (RLJ -5.1%) is the recipient of a two-notch downgrade to Underperform from Buy at BAML.
- The sector as a whole is under a great deal of pressure again today, still reacting to the FOMC's surprising hawkishness yesterday. Not only do higher rates compete with these dividend payers, but operationally there's pain as the resultant stronger dollar slows foreign demand for rooms.
- Ashford Trust (AHT -3.6%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO -3.5%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -3.7%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -1.9%), Chatham Lodging (CLDT -1.8%), Host Hotels (HST -4.1%), Hersha Hospitality (HT -5.2%), DiamondRock (DRH -4.9%).
Thu, Apr. 21, 4:22 PM
- Q1 adjusted FFO of $55.6M or $0.49 per share vs. $45.3M and $0.40 one year ago.
- RevPAR of $167.56 up 2.1% Y/Y. Hotel EBITDA margin of 26.5% up 47 basis points. Adjusted EBITDA of $65M up 13.6%.
- Weighted average interest rate on debt during quarter of 2.5% down 120 basis points from last year.
- Earnings call tomorrow at 10 ET
- Previously: LaSalle Hotel Properties beats by $0.04, misses on revenue (April 21)
- LHO flat after hours
Thu, Apr. 21, 4:15 PM
- LaSalle Hotel Properties (NYSE:LHO): Q1 FFO of $0.47 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $260.1M (+3.7% Y/Y) misses by $3.83M.
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:35 PM