L&L Energy: Buy This Coal Stock Trading At Half Its Book Value
CBOE Trader • 35 Comments
CBOE Trader • 35 Comments
Apr. 8, 2014, 5:56 PM
- L&L Energy (LLEN) says it will voluntarily delist its common stock from the Nasdaq Stock Exchange; it expects to file for de-listing by April 18 and trade on the OTC markets shortly thereafter.
- Shares have not traded since Nasdaq placed a T-12 trading halt last November.
Apr. 8, 2014, 7:56 AM
Mar. 28, 2014, 10:43 AM
- The SEC announces an enforcement action against L&L Energy (LLEN) and founder Dickson Lee for allegedly making false disclosures about who was running the coal company.
- The SEC says LLEN made it seem like it had a professional management team in place, including a CEO and CFO, when Lee actually was single-handedly controlling operations.
- In a parallel action, a criminal indictment against Lee was unsealed yesterday in federal court in Seattle.
- The stock has been halted since November.
Mar. 18, 2014, 6:16 AM
- L & L Energy (LLEN): FQ3 EPS of $0.09.
- Revenue of $32M.
Dec. 10, 2013, 6:21 PM
- L&L Energy (LLEN) files to delay submission of its Form 10-Q, citing "time constraints that have rendered timely filing... impracticable without undue hardship and expense to the registrant."
- Trading in LLEN shares has been halted since Nov. 18 pending fulfillment of NASDAQ's request for additional information, and the chairman of its audit and special independent committees resigned a week later.
Nov. 26, 2013, 5:46 PM
- L&L Energy (LLEN) Chairman of the Audit and Special Independent committees Mohan Datwani resigns "due to recent developments with the Company." (8-K)
- When asked to further clarify his reason Datwani wrote, "the Company has not kept me fully informed as to the degree and extent of ongoing government and regulatory investigations. Second ... the Company did not provided [sic] adequate financial support to complete the Committee's work, especially in connection with hiring independent, qualified forensic accountant [sic]."
- L & L Energy "respectfully disagrees" with Datwani and notes that no other board members have "expressed dissatisfaction with the Company's disclosures." As to the second concern, it states that "none of the current board members agree with Mr. Datwani's opinion" and that no funding requests have been denied by the company.
- Jingcai Yang, a former executive at Shenhua Group, will replace Datwani.
- The turn of events comes after LLEN was halted by the Nasdaq last week with additional information requested from the company following fraud allegations by The GeoTeam.
Nov. 18, 2013, 10:20 AM
- L&L Energy (LLEN) is halted on Nasdaq for "additional information requested" from the company.
- LLEN has been the subject of criticism from GeoInvesting, which has accused the company of booking revenues from operations it never owned; LLEN issued its latest rebuttal to the allegations just last week.
Oct. 21, 2013, 12:46 PM
Oct. 18, 2013, 9:15 AM
Oct. 11, 2013, 12:46 PM
Sep. 26, 2013, 9:12 AM
Sep. 25, 2013, 12:46 PM
Sep. 25, 2013, 9:15 AM
Sep. 24, 2013, 3:14 PM
- L&L Energy (LLEN +46.8%) produces documentation it says repudiates allegations posted last week by GeoInvesting that the company does not own the LuoZhou and LaShu mines.
- LLEN says its SEC Form 10-K report for the year ended July 31, 2013 states that it acquired the mines by purchasing equity interests in Union Energy subsidiaries.
Sep. 24, 2013, 9:14 AM
Sep. 23, 2013, 12:47 PM
L & L Energy, Inc., is currently engaged in the business of coal mining, coal consolidation, and wholesaling in the People's Republic of China and its operations are conducted in the coal-rich Yunnan Province in Southwest China.
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Nonmetallic Mineral Mining
Other News & PR