Thu, Jul. 21, 8:07 AM
- Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT) and L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) hit 52-week highs this week, and some analysts say they will continue to thrive independent of who wins the election in November.
- "We have seen an increase in conflict around the world, and that has not only increased U.S. defense spending, but it's also increased spending by its allies," Gina Sanchez told CNBC's Trading Nation. "Clinton is hawkish, and she's seen as likely supporting a strong military. And we know that Trump is in favor of expanding the military."
- "Defense spending is more about the threat and the state of your equipment than who is in the White House," added Richard Safran, director at Buckingham Research.
Mon, Jul. 11, 4:19 AM
- The Farnborough Airshow takes off today with executives from the aviation industry flying in to complete deals and unveil their latest technology.
- Brexit uncertainty could cloud demand for big jets, as Airbus (OTCPK:EADSY) and Boeing (NYSE:BA) look to snap up some scarce orders from the big carriers.
- Among the exhibitors: AJRD, AME, CAE, ERJ, FLIR, GD, HRS, LLL, LMT, RTN, SNA, SPR, TXT, UTX
Thu, Jul. 7, 12:05 PM
- CAE (NYSE:CAE) announced that it has won defence contracts valued at more than C$100M to provide a range of simulation products and training support services for global military customers.
- Some of the key contracts include providing synthetic training equipment for the rotary-wing element of the UKMFTS program and managing the in-service support for the RCAF CC-130J aircraft maintenance technician training program for Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT); providing in-service support for the RCAF's CF-18 fleet for L-3 (NYSE:LLL).
- "Our expertise as a training systems integrator and experience on enduring military aircraft platforms is providing us numerous opportunities around the world as defence forces look to expand their use of simulation for integrated mission training," said Gene Colabatistto, CAE's Group President .
- Shares +2.75%
Tue, Jun. 21, 1:15 PM
Thu, Jun. 9, 10:07 AM
- L-3 Communications' (LLL -0.3%) Vertex Aerospace division was awarded a contract from the U.S. Air Force to provide full contractor logistics support for KC-10 aircraft.
- The total approximate value of the IDIQ contract is up to $1.9B over a nine-year performance period that begins with a July 2016 six-month phase-in.
Mon, Jun. 6, 9:23 AM
Mon, May 23, 3:21 AM
- President Obama kicked off his three-day visit to Vietnam with an announcement declaring the end of a U.S. arms embargo on the country, a ban that had been in place for decades.
- "We've come here as a symbol of the renewed ties....and the comprehensive partnership we have created over the course of my presidency," Obama said at a press conference.
- The trip will also see the nations discuss the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which is expected to usher in a new period of growth for export-oriented Vietnam.
- Related tickers: GD BA, NOC, LMT, RTN, OA, HII, HON, UTX, OTCPK:EADSF, ITT, TXT, LLL, OTCPK:BAESY, OTCPK:FINMY, COL
- ETFs: VNM
Fri, May 20, 12:21 PM
- L-3 Communications (LLL +1.2%) is higher after Drexel Hamilton upgrades shares to Buy from Hold with a $152 price target, saying previous concerns about the company’s execution and risks to its aircraft programs are abating.
- Drexel says the sale of its low-margin NSS IT segment earlier this year has made L-3 into a higher-margin company that’s a near pure play on electronics in defense.
- The firm also likes that LLL is buying back its stock, and sees the company’s buyback program reducing shares outstanding by as much as 7%/year over the next several years.
- RBC Capital upgraded LLL yesterday - while downgrading Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman - saying its recent meeting with management offers more assurance that the company is on track to achieving its long-term goals for operating margins.
Mon, May 9, 9:29 AM
- L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) has reinstated the name of its aerospace sustainment and support services business to L-3 Vertex Aerospace.
- As one of four sectors within the L-3 Aerospace Systems business segment, L-3 Vertex Aerospace comprises the business areas that were previously called Logistics Solutions.
Tue, May 3, 12:49 PM
Mon, May 2, 8:25 AM
- Goldman's Noah Poponak upgrades L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) to Buy from Neutral and increased his price target to $156 from $138.
- The analyst said the company has underperformed the Defense peer group for the last two years, but believes the bar remains low and sees room for upward estimate revisions.
- Poponak also sees the U.S. Defense budget at a trough and expects that to translate to an acceleration in L-3 organic revenue growth and margin improvement ahead.
- LLL +2.7% premarket
Wed, Apr. 27, 6:58 AM
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, AGCO, ANTM, AOS, AVY, BA, BEN, BGCP, BHI, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CMCSA, CSL, DHX, DPS, DX, EVER, EVR, FDML, FI, GCI, GD, GIB, GPI, GRA, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, IART, IP, JLL, LDOS, LEA, LLL, LRN, MDLZ, MKTX, MVIS, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NMR, NOC, NS, OC, OSIS, PB, RDN, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SO, SONS, STM, STNG, STT, SUP, SXC, TGNA, TKR, TPH, UMC, UTX, VLY, WEX, WOOF
Thu, Mar. 31, 11:43 AM
- A federal judge rejected L-3 Communications' (LLL -0.9%) bid to dismiss a lawsuit by shareholders seeking to recoup losses stemming from the defense contractor's alleged accounting fraud in its aerospace systems business.
- The judge also dismissed related claims against CEO Michael Strianese and CFO Ralph D'Ambrosio, finding a lack of evidence that they acted recklessly or intended to defraud.
- L-3 shares slid 12.3% on July 31, 2014, wiping out roughly $1.3B of market value, after the company said it would restate two years of results, take a charge against earnings, and fire four people over problems with its C-12 contract.
- Now read Fundamental Analysis Of L-3 Communications
Tue, Feb. 9, 2:52 PM
Mon, Feb. 1, 8:30 AM
- BofA/Merrill Lynch upgrades L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) from Underperform to Buy with a price target of $135.
- LLL +0.7% premarket
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. operates as a holding company. It operates through its subsidiary L-3 Communications Corp., which is a prime contractor in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems, command, control, communications, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR