Mon, May 9, 8:28 AM
Fri, Feb. 26, 11:54 AM
- Liberty Media (NASDAQ:LMCA) is up 1.1% following Q4 earnings where revenues beat expectations, and where the company entered a settlement in which it receives $775M from Vivendi.
- Again, results were dominated by those of Sirius XM -- Liberty holds a newly increased stake of 62.1% of Sirius XM, which makes up 90% of Liberty Media's market cap. Aside from that, Liberty expects to net proceeds from the Vivendi settlement after taxes and legal fees of about $420M.
- Excluding cash at Sirius XM, Liberty Media cash and liquid investments came to $104M.
- A stockholder meeting is set for April 11 on recapitalizing into three tracking stock groups (Liberty Braves, Liberty Media, Liberty Sirius XM) after the SEC declared its S-4 effective.
- Conference call link
- Press Release
- Previously: Vivendi to pay Liberty Media $775M to settle dispute (Feb. 26 2016)
Fri, Feb. 26, 7:35 AM
Nov. 4, 2015, 4:29 PM
- Liberty Media (NASDAQ:LMCA): Q3 Net income of $167M
- Revenue of $1.28B (+8.5% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 4, 2015, 4:28 PM
- Liberty Media (NASDAQ:LMCA) is down 0.5% after hours as its Q3 earnings saw revenue of $1.28B that beat expectations, and adjusted OIBDA that rose $81M, to $473M.
- Once again, the results were dominated by those of Sirius XM -- Liberty holds an increased stake of 60.7% of Sirius XM, with a stake that is 90% of Liberty Media's market cap -- though total revenue featured $315M in other revenues aside from subscriber revenues of $969M.
- The hedging period on its forward purchase of Live Nation shares is complete; when settled, its stake in Live Nation (NYSE:LYV) increases to 34.4%.
- From the beginning of August to the end of October, the company bought back 1M shares of its LMCK class at an average price of $36.87, for a total cost of $38.3M.
- Total debt was up $0.3B due to Sirius XM revolving borrowings. The company has $1.3B left on its repurchase authorization.
- Conference call to come at 4:30 p.m. ET.
Aug. 5, 2015, 8:22 AM
- Liberty Media (NASDAQ:LMCA): Q2 Net Income of $103M.
- Revenue of $1.22B (+5.2% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
May 8, 2015, 10:47 AM
- Liberty Media's (LMCA -0.4%) Q1 earnings featured a 12% gain in net income based on a 7% increase in revenue due again primarily to Sirius XM earnings -- Liberty holds 57% of Sirius XM with a stake that is 90% of Liberty's market cap -- though the company added that it also sold its position in Barnes & Noble for $27M, and sold another 1.3M Viacom shares for $86M.
- The company bought back 1.9M shares of its LMCK class at an average price of $38.28, for a total cost of $74M.
- Cash and liquid investments stood at $1.25B, up from Q4's $880M, chiefly due to cash from operations at Sirius XM. Total debt was $6.47B, primarily $5.15B in Sirius XM senior notes along with $1B in Liberty cash convertible notes.
- Conference call at 11:30 a.m. ET.
May 8, 2015, 8:29 AM
- Liberty Media (NASDAQ:LMCA): Q1 Net income of $106M.
- Revenue of $1.08B (+6.9% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
Feb. 25, 2015, 7:44 PM
- In Liberty Media's (NASDAQ:LMCA) Q4 earnings call, CEO Greg Maffei confirmed there's no plans to sell the Atlanta Braves -- despite longtime speculation that the company might unload the team after some five-year tax advantages expired a few years ago.
- The team's value is estimated at $730M; Liberty paid some $400M to acquire them in 2007.
- Liberty swapped Time Warner stock to acquire the Braves, and so realized a $300M tax savings -- a basis change that Maffei admitted would make selling the club "painful" due to taxable gains.
- Liberty Media debt decreased overall, offset somewhat by borrowings connected with plans for a new Cobb County stadium for the team.
Feb. 25, 2015, 5:16 PM
- Liberty Media (NASDAQ:LMCA): Q4 Net income of $143.1M
- Revenue of $1.1B (+7.8% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Feb. 25, 2015, 5:05 PM
- In Q4 results, Liberty Media (NASDAQ:LMCA) pointed to Sirius XM's (NASDAQ:SIRI) earnings -- Liberty's stake in Sirius XM now stands at 57%, and the SIRI stake represents over 90% of Liberty's market cap -- as well as completing its spinoff of Liberty Broadband in November.
- Net income on a GAAP basis was $143.1M vs. the prior $65.2M. Adjusted EBITDA was $381.3M, beating an expected $377M and up from the prior year's $325.6M.
- The company rebought 489K shares of LMCK class from Nov. 1 through Jan. 31, at a cost of $17M.
- Adjusted OIBDA for Q4 rose to $359M, up from the prior year's $319M. Removing depreciation and amortization, operating income rose to $206M from the prior year's $189M.
- Cash on a GAAP basis stood at $681M at year's end. Debt, primarily in Sirius XM senior notes, was at $5.85B.
- Free cash flow was $330.7M compared with the prior year's $303.2M.
Jan. 28, 2015, 6:05 PM
Liberty Media Corp. engages in the business of media, communications and entertainment. The company operates through its subsidiaries, which includes Atlanta National League Baseball Club, Inc. (ANLBC) and TruePosition, Inc. ANLBC owns and operates the Atlanta Braves, a major league baseball... More
Industry: Broadcasting - TV
Country: United States
Other News & PR