Tue, Jul. 19, 7:58 AM
- Net earnings of $1B, or $3.32 per share vs. $929M, or $2.94 per share, in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Aeronautics +6%; Information Systems -5%; Missiles and Fire Control +2%; Mission Systems and Training +53%; Space Systems -3%.
- Cash from operations $1.5B; Capex $235M; Repurchased 2.1M shares for $501M; Paid cash dividends of $501M.
- "Our strong performance enabled us to increase our financial guidance... and positions the company to deliver more value to our customers and shareholders," CEO Marillyn Hewson declared.
- Raised financial outlook for 2016: Diluted earnings per share of $12.15–$12.45 (from $11.50-$11.80), on net sales of $50B-$51.5B (from $49.6B-$51.1B).
- LMT +1.5% premarket
- Q2 results
Tue, Jul. 19, 7:27 AM
Mon, Jul. 18, 5:30 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 11:33 AM
- Lockheed Martin (LMT +1.5%) is higher after reporting a Q1 earnings miss but better than expected revenues while raising its earnings forecast for the year, as the top weapons supplier to the U.S. government benefits from sales of its F-35 fighter jet and its recent acquisition of helicopter maker Sikorsky Aircraft.
- LMT raises its FY 2016 EPS guidance to $11.50-$11.80 from a January forecast of $11.45-$11.75 and in-line with $11.77 analyst consensus, slightly raises its full-year revenue outlook to $49.6B-$51.1B from $49.5B-$51B and $50.35B analyst consensus, and lifts its operating profit forecast to $5.625B-$5.775B from $5.6B-$5.75B.
- RBC aerospace analyst Robert Stallard is "encouraged by the revenue performance, which is a sign of things to come as its customer end markets improve. We had not expected a guidance increase at this early stage of the year, so that is another bonus - more than offsetting the cost of redundancies."
- LMT's positive outlook sets the stage for defense peers Boeing (BA +0.6%), Northrop Grumman (NOC +0.8%), General Dynamics (GD +1.1%) and Raytheon (RTN +0.9%), which all report later this week.
- Now read Traditional values of Lockheed Martin's equity are inaccurate
Tue, Apr. 26, 7:30 AM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ABX, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, ARLP, ATI, AVX, AXE, BAX, BEAV, BLMN, BP, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRS, CTG, CYNO, DD, DFRG, DTE, ENTG, ETR, FBC, FCAU, FCH, FCX, FLIR, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, GPK, HSY, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, IIVI, IR, JBLU, JNS, LLY, LMT, LPT, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MMM, NCI, ODP, PAG, PCAR, PCH, PG, PH, PNR, POL, R, RAI, SAH, SAVE, SCL, SIR, SPG, ST, SUI, SVU, TEN, TMUS, TRI, TROW, WAB, WAT, WDR, WHR, WYN
Tue, Jan. 26, 10:33 AM
- Leidos (LDOS -6.9%) is off sharply following news of its planned merger with Lockheed Martin's (LMT -3.3%) Information Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS) unit.
- Lockheed, meanwhile, is seeing its Q4 beat overshadowed by the company's light 2016 EPS guidance - $11.45-$11.75 vs. a consensus of $12.23. Sales guidance of $49.5B-$51.5B is mostly above a $49.52B consensus. The outlook still covers IS&GS, and also includes a full year of operations from recently-acquired Sikorsky Aircraft.
- The merger is expected to close in 2H16; a slew of banks are providing Leidos with deal financing. Leidos: "This combination is expected to add large, complex IT system implementation and operation experience, and additional federal and international IT solutions and services work to the Leidos portfolio, providing more venues to sell value added services such as cybersecurity and analytics." (more details on IS&GS)
- Lockheed's Q4 results, earnings release
Tue, Jan. 26, 7:50 AM
- Net earnings of $933M, or $3.01 per share vs. $904M, or $2.82 per share, in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Aeronautics +6%; Information Systems -6.3%; Missiles and Fire Control +0.75%; Mission Systems and Training +13.6%; Space Systems -8%.
- Cash from operations $1.4B; Capex $439M; Repurchased 3.2M shares.
- The company has agreed to separate and combine its realigned Information Systems & Global Solutions business segment with Leidos (NYSE:LDOS), unlocking $5B in estimated enterprise value for Lockheed shareholders.
- "The successful closure of the Sikorsky acquisition and completion of the strategic review of our IS&GS businesses, coupled with our record backlog, position the corporation for future growth and value creation for our customers and our stockholders," CEO Marillyn Hewson declared.
- Financial outlook for 2016: Diluted earnings per share of $11.45-$11.75, on net sales of $49.5B-$51B.
- LMT +0.8% premarket
- Q4 results
Tue, Jan. 26, 7:11 AM
- Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT): Q4 EPS of $3.01 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $12.92B (+3.1% Y/Y) beats by $560M.
Mon, Jan. 25, 5:30 PM
Oct. 20, 2015, 7:55 AM
- Net earnings of $865M, or $2.77 per share vs. $888M, or $2.76 per share, in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Aeronautics +10.6%; Information Systems -4.1%; Missiles and Fire Control -1.5%; Mission Systems and Training +7.3%; Space Systems -5.1%.
- Cash from operations $1.5B; Capex $191M; Repurchased 4.1M shares.
- The company now sees its full-year forecast at the top end of its previously stated range: Diluted earnings per share of ~$11.30, on revenue of ~$45B.
- LMT -0.6% premarket
- Q3 results
Oct. 20, 2015, 7:28 AM
- Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT): Q3 EPS of $2.77 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $11.46B (+3.2% Y/Y) beats by $320M.
Oct. 19, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jul. 20, 2015, 8:15 AM
- Net earnings of $929M, or $2.94 per share vs. $889M, or $2.76 per share, in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Aeronautics +7.2%; Information Systems -2.2%; Missiles and Fire Control -6%; Mission Systems and Training +2.1%; Space Systems +9.8%.
- Cash from operations $1.3B; Capex $191M; Repurchased 4.9M shares.
- The company raised its 2015 earnings forecast to $11.00-$11.30 per share from $10.85-$11.15, and reiterated its revenue forecast of $43.5B-$45B.
- Q2 results
- Previously: Confirmed: Lockheed to acquire Sikorsky for $9B (Jul. 20 2015)
Jul. 20, 2015, 7:34 AM
- Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT): Q2 EPS of $2.94 beats by $0.27.
- Revenue of $11.64B (+2.9% Y/Y) beats by $650M.
Lockheed Martin Corp. operates as a global security and aerospace company. The company is engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. It also provides a broad range of management, engineering,... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR