Timberwolf Equity Research
Thu, Sep. 1, 7:09 AM
- Snyder's-Lance (NASDAQ:LNCE) announces that its Kettle Foods subsidiary completed the acquisition of Metcalfe's skinny Limited by acquiring the remaining 74% interest in the UK premium popcorn brand.
- Kettle Foods had initially acquired a 26% stake in the business from Metcalfe last January.
- The company says Metcalfe's skinny is the UK's leading premium popcorn brand and incorporates a fast growing range of corn and rice cake products.
- Source: Press Release
Mon, Feb. 29, 5:45 PM
- Snyder's-Lance (LNCE +1.1%) has wrapped its cash-and-stock acquisition of Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND).
- Diamond Foods stockholders are receiving 0.775 Snyder's-Lance shares and $12.50 cash for each share of Diamond they hold.
- Adding brands like Pop Secret, Kettle Chips, and Emerald and Diamond nuts helps increase the company's annualized net revenue to about $2.6B, it said. It's reaffirmed estimated annualized synergies from cost savings at $75M, with about $10M to be reinvested in growth plans.
- The deal's expected to be immediately accretive to 2016 earnings.
- After hours: LNCE flat.
Oct. 28, 2015, 7:01 AM
- Snyder's-Lance (NASDAQ:LNCE) announces it will acquires Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) in a deal valued at $1.9B.
- Diamond shareholders will receive $12.50 per share and 0.775 shares of Snyder's-Lance at closing.
- The deal has the backing of large Diamond shareholder Oaktree Capital
- The merger is expected to kick up synergy benefits as high as $75M in annual cost savings.
- Previously: Food sector M&A seen picking up (Oct. 23 2015)
- DMND +11.78% premarket to $39.00.
May 7, 2014, 3:56 PM
- Snyder's-Lance (LNCE +4.1%) agrees to sell its private label snack foods business to Shearer's Foods in a $430M deal that it says will enable it to focus on branded sales.
- BB&T analyst Brett Hundley thinks the sale, combined with an improved business mix, will help improve operating margins to above 10% while unlocking equity value.
Sep. 6, 2012, 3:58 PM
Snyders-Lance (LNCE +11.7%) spiked higher after last night's announced acquisition of Snack Factory and certain affiliates for $340M in cash, adding the fast-expanding Pretzel Crisps brand to the snack company's portfolio. The deal is expected to close early in Q4 and will add ~$0.02 to adjusted EPS in 2012 and ~$0.10 in 2013.| Sep. 6, 2012, 3:58 PM