LogMeIn - Time To Get Defensive
LogMeIn Presents A Excellent Risk/Reward Opportunity
LogMeIn - Time To Get Defensive
Fri, Feb. 5, 3:59 PM
- Add Red Hat (RHT -8.1%), Autodesk (ADSK -6.9%), and Teradata (TDC -8%) to the list of enterprise tech firms nosediving following weak Q1/2016 guidance from business intelligence/data visualization software firm Tableau and professional social networking/online jobs leader LinkedIn. The Nasdaq is down 3.4%, and the S&P 2%, in the wake of this morning's jobs report.
- Other big decliners include Varonis (VRNS -13.4%), Gigamon (GIMO -9.7%), Pegasystems (PEGA -10.3%), SGI (SGI -7.5%), LogMeIn (LOGM -8.6%), inContact (SAAS -10.8%), Attunity (ATTU -14.4%), Textura (TXTR -6.8%), and Tableau rival MicroStrategy (MSTR -6.6%). A slew of other enterprise names were previously covered here - the group includes many cloud software and security tech firms.
- Teradata is just a day removed from rallying in the wake of a Q4 sales beat and healthy 2016 guidance.
Jul. 23, 2015, 5:51 PM
- LogMeIn (NASDAQ:LOGM) expects Q3 revenue of $68.8M-$69.3M and EPS of $0.43-$0.44, above a consensus of $67.7M and $0.36. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $265M-$266.5M and EPS of $1.51-$1.57, above a consensus of $263.9M and $1.40.
- CEO Michael Simon, discussing Q2 results: "Our Collaboration, IT Management and Service Cloud businesses all performed well, and we believe we made significant progress on join.me and Xively, our key strategic growth initiatives." The deferred revenue balance rose 26% Y/Y to $136M, and LogMeIn ended the quarter with $236.5M in cash and no debt.
- Shares have surged to $70.85 AH, making new highs along the way.
- Q2 results, PR
May 1, 2015, 10:58 AM
- Solera (SLH +2.3%) is rallying after independent research firm Off Wall Street pulled its Strong Sell rating for the company. OWS has also pulled its Strong Sell rating for remote access/collaboration software vendor LogMeIn (LOGM +0.4%), but its shares are only up fractionally.
- The call comes ahead of the auto claims-processing software vendor's May 6 FQ3 report. Shares closed yesterday less than $3 above a 52-week low of $45.69.
Apr. 29, 2015, 12:45 PM
Apr. 29, 2015, 10:37 AM
- In addition to beating Q1 estimates, LogMeIn (NASDAQ:LOGM) has guided for 2015 revenue of $262M-$265M and EPS of $1.36-$1.44, almost entirely above a consensus of $262.2M and $1.29. Q2 guidance is more conservative: Revenue of $63.7M-$64.2M and EPS of $0.32-$0.33 vs. a consensus of $64.6M and $0.32.
- On the CC (transcript), CEO Michael K. Simon noted LogMeIn's join.me online meeting/screen-sharing solution (emphasizes low costs and ease-of-use) has become a major growth driver, and that a join.me video collaboration service just entered beta.
- Join.me contributed to a 52% Y/Y increase in LogMeIn's Collaboration Cloud revenue (31% of total revenue). IT Management software revenue (33% of total, includes the Central remote access product) rose 24%, and Service Cloud revenue (35% of total, includes Rescue and BoldChat) rose 7%. The deferred revenue balance rose 22% Q/Q to $128.6M. Forex had a 5% impact on total revenue growth.
- Needham's Scott Zeller has responded to the numbers by upgrading to Strong Buy. He observes join.me is still largely a freemium product, and thinks further monetizing it could add to growth. "We believe the company continues its strong performance because the renewals and pricing firmness on 'pro' and 'central' products are better than anticipated (lower churn, better pricing power). We believe strong guidance indicates continued strong renewals, and Join.Me remains a possible future catalyst for upside."
- Shares have soared to new highs.
- Q1 results, PR
Apr. 28, 2015, 4:15 PM
- LogMein (NASDAQ:LOGM): Q1 EPS of $0.33 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $61.1M (+24.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.56M.
- Shares +3%.
Feb. 13, 2015, 5:36 PM
Feb. 12, 2015, 4:31 PM
- LogMein (NASDAQ:LOGM): Q4 EPS of $0.35 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $59.9M (+32.6% Y/Y) beats by $1.17M.
- Shares +3.9%.
Oct. 23, 2014, 4:17 PM
- LogMein (NASDAQ:LOGM): Q3 EPS of $0.32 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $58.06M (+35.1% Y/Y) beats by $1.72M.
- Shares +6.77% AH.
Jul. 24, 2014, 5:45 PM
Jul. 11, 2014, 5:03 PM
Jul. 9, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jul. 9, 2014, 12:20 PM
- Independent research firm Off Wall Street has launched coverage on LogMeIn (LOGM) with a Sell and $30 PT.
- The firm argues LogMeIn's core market (remote PC access software) is saturated, and that user growth is stagnant following last year's price hikes.
- Piper is defending LogMeIn, asserting its core business and new products are healthy.
- LogMeIn, for its part, has responded to OWS with a blog post. The company states (among other things) it's gaining IT management software customers, and that its BoldChat and join.me products are performing well.
Apr. 30, 2014, 12:46 PM
Apr. 29, 2014, 5:43 PM
Feb. 14, 2014, 12:45 PM
LogMeIn, Inc. develops and markets a suite of remote access, remote support and collaboration solutions that provide instant, secure connections between internet enabled devices. It provides essential cloud based services for remote access, device management, data management, customer care and... More
Industry: Information Technology Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR