Grand Canyon Education, Inc.NASDAQ
Sat, Nov. 19, 11:07 AM
- Donald Trump hasn't announced his choice to lead the Department of Education yet, but for-profit education stocks have been in a celebratory mood ever since the U.S. election.
- The new administration is expected to have a lighter touch with regulations and restrictions on the for-profit sector, an industry the President-elect himself is familiar with after settling a lawsuit filed against Trump University for $25M. There's been some speculation that the DOE will see a major transition over the next four years.
- Education stocks rising more than 20% since the election include Strayer Education (NASDAQ:STRA), Universal Technical Institute (NYSE:UTI), Capella Education (NASDAQ:CPLA), Bridgepoint Education (NYSE:BPI), Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO), Grand Canyon Education (NASDAQ:LOPE), DeVry Education (NYSE:DV) and Chegg (NYSE:CHGG). Many of those names are now at or near their 52-week highs which brings up the question of how far the rally can extend?
- Related stocks: APEI, APOL, NORD, EDU, GPX, LRN.
Fri, Nov. 18, 12:37 PM
- Large-cap names with 5x their normal volume:
- ASML Holding (ASML +1.7%)
- The Gap (GPS -16.5%)
- Mid-caps with 5x their normal volume:
- HRG Group (HRG +3.8%)
- Grand Canyon Education (LOPE -0.1%)
- Marvell Tech (MRVL +8.8%)
- Nuance Communication (NUAN +9.6%)
- Post Holdings (POST -2.1%)
- Regal Entertainment (RGC -2.2%)
- ViaSat (VSAT +4.9%)
Wed, Nov. 9, 4:14 PM
- The for-profit education sector had a stellar day after the GOP sweep eased some of the regulatory concerns hanging over the sector.
- The Obama administration has targeted several firms for their marketing practices.
- Gainers after the Trump victory include American Public Education (NASDAQ:APEI) +21%, Career Education (NASDAQ:CECO) +18%, Bridgepoint Education (NYSE:BPI) +16%, Strayer Education (NASDAQ:STRA) +12%, Grand Canyon Education (NASDAQ:LOPE) +10%, K12 (NYSE:LRN) +9%, DeVry (NYSE:DV) +8%.
Thu, Nov. 3, 11:17 AM
- Grand Canyon Education (LOPE +7%) trades higher after blasting past estimates with its Q3 report.
- Underpinning the company's improved results, end-of-period enrollment increased 9.8% Y/Y to 82,422 students at the end of the quarter.
- Shares of Grand Canyon reached a 52-week high of $49.18 earlier.
- Previously: Grand Canyon Education beats by $0.07, beats on revenue (Nov. 2)
Wed, Nov. 2, 4:24 PM
Tue, Nov. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, ADSW, AEL, AIG, ALIM, ALL, ALNY, ALSK, AMRS, ARC, AREX, AVD, AWK, AWR, BBRG, BCOV, BEAT, BGC, BKCC, BKFS, BKH, BREW, BRKR, CABO, CAR, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CF, CGI, CHEF, CLR, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSGS, CSLT, CWEI, CXW, DMRC, DPLO, DPM, DVA, ENSG, EPAY, EQC, EQIX, ERII, ESRT, EVTC, EXAR, EYES, FB, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNF, FOE, FRSH, FRT, FSLR, FTK, G, GDDY, GPOR, HABT, HASI, HBM, HIVE, HOLX, HOS, HR, HSTM, HUBS, IAC, IL, INN, INOV, IO, IOSP, IRG, ITRI, IXYS, JONE, JRVR, KEYW, KGC, KTOS, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LOPE, LPI, LPLA, LQ, LSI, MANT, MASI, MCHX, MDU, MET, MGNX, MHLD, MRO, MTGE, MUSA, MWA, NBIX, NGHC, NLY, NPO, NSTG, NVDQ, OESX, OME, OSUR, OTTR, PAA, PACB, PAGP, PE, PEGA, PEI, PEIX, PGRE, PRA, PRAH, PRU, PTCT, QCOM, QGEN, QTWO, QUIK, REGI, REXR, RGLD, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RMP, ROG, RRD, RRGB, RRTS, RUBI, RXN, RYN, SBRA, SBY, SF, SRC, SWM, TCAP, TEP, TPC, TROX, TTEC, TTWO, TVIA, TWO, VNDA, VVC, WFM, WMC, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WSTL, WTI, WTS, WYNN, XEC, XOXO, XPO, ZNGA
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:42 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Mon, Jun. 13, 3:53 PM
- The Department of Education published a set of proposed rules that define when students can take legal action against for-profit colleges and petition to have their federal loans forgiven.
- Some consumer advocacy groups don't think the measures go for enough, while pro-industry associations are railing against the extra regulation.
- On watch: CECO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU, NAUH.
- Proposed DOE rules (.pdf)
Mon, May 9, 4:21 PM
- Grand Canyon Education (NASDAQ:LOPE): Q1 EPS of $0.92 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $226.96M (+16.9% Y/Y) beats by $2.99M.
Sun, May 8, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, AMPH, APEI, ARNA, ASEI, BKD, CDXS, CUI, CVG, DCO, DMD, DNB, DPLO, DTSI, ELGX, FENG, FRGI, GLOB, GSBD, HALO, HK, HTZ, IFF, INGN, INVN, INWK, IRWD, IVR, JPEP, JUNO, KEG, KITE, LBTYA, LC, LOPE, LSCC, MBI, MODN, MXL, NLS, NOG, NVGS, NVRO, OAS, OPK, OPWR, PEN, PINC, PLOW, PRAA, PSIX, RARE, RAX, RBC, REN, RVNC, SCTY, SEDG, SEMI, SF, SNHY, SREV, SSNI, STMP, TCX, TMH, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, VTL, VVC
Thu, Apr. 7, 3:01 AM
- More than 40% of the roughly 22M Americans who borrowed from the government's main student-loan program aren't making payments or are behind on more than $200B owed, according to a quarterly snapshot of the Education Department's $1.2T student-loan portfolio.
- The Obama administration maintains that the loan program, as a whole, will generate a profit over the long term, but the risk is rising that millions of students may never repay and revenue won't meet projections.
- Related stocks: CECO, STRA, COCO, ESI, ITT, BPI, LINC, DV, LOPE, APEI, APOL
Thu, Feb. 18, 2:38 PM
- Grand Canyon Education (LOPE +12.8%) rallies after reporting above-consensus results and receiving a shot in the arm from Deutsche Bank.
- The investment firm backed its Buy rating and $45 price target on the education stock in a fresh note to clients.
- Shares of Grand Canyon touched $40 earlier today for the first time since the beginning of the year.
- Previously: Grand Canyon Education beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (Feb. 17)
Wed, Feb. 17, 4:09 PM
- Grand Canyon Education (NASDAQ:LOPE): Q4 EPS of $0.81 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $215.95M (+13.7% Y/Y) beats by $4.1M.
- Shares +0.61%.
Tue, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM| Tue, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM
Tue, Feb. 9, 9:13 AM
- The Department of Education announces it created an enforcement unit to help crack down on student aid fraud and illegal recruiting tactics.
- "We've also seen too many programs that promise students a better life only to leave them with piles of debt without the prospects to pay them," stated Education Secretary John King.
- On watch: CECO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU, NAUH, APOL, EDMC.